IGNORED

Is Wilkshire In Aussie Squad

just like watching brazil

Yes, because we've got a long fallow period with very few games coming up, so he'll be needing 90 more minutes.

The Aussie match is in the UK I have heard - whats wrong with that?

I wouldn't mind if he had to sit out of 1 or 2 games in order to play international football and become a better player.

Guest zider_head

ok done a bit of reaserch here

basically up to now wilkshire has been playing for the under 23's as he did at the olympics, he has 2 caps at full international level both against the soloman islands, he is yet to score for the full team.

He was made captain of the under 23's see the story below :-

http://www.australiansoccer.com.au/public/...2&menuItemID=89

Below is the side they used @ the pylmpics :-

1. Brad Jones - goalkeeper (Middlesbrough, England)

2. Jade North - defender (Perth Glory, Australia)

3. Shane Cansdell-Sheriff - defender (Aarhus, Denmark)

4. Craig Moore - defender (Rangers, Scotland)

5. Jon McKain - defender (National Bucuresti, Romania)

6. Adrian Madaschi - defender (Partick Thistle, Scotland)

7. Ahmad Elrich - midfielder (Busan, South Korea)

8. Luke Wilkshire - midfielder (Bristol City, England)

9. John Aloisi - forward (Osasuna, Spain)

10. Tim Cahill - midfielder (Millwall, England)

11. Alex Brosque - forward (Feyenoord, Netherlands - on loan to Westerlo, Belgium)

12. David Tarka - defender (Nottingham Forest, England)

13. Carl Valeri - midfielder (Inter Milan, Italy)

14. Brett Holman - forward (Feyenoord, Netherlands - on loan to Excelsior, Netherlands)

15. Anthony Danze - midfielder (Perth Glory, Australia)

16. Spase Dilevski - midfielder (PSV Eindhoven, Netherlands - on loan to Rot-Weiss Essen, Germany)

17. Ryan Griffiths - midfielder (Newcastle United, Australia)

18. Eugen Galekovic - goalkeeper (South Melbourne, Australia)

Intresting to see most players play in europe with alot playing in england and scotland.

Another piece of useless info I'm not sure all of you would know is that Christian Vieri (intermilan and italian forward) is infact australian and if you see him interviewed he has the most weird australian come italin accent, he left auss around 16 i think.

anyways that my lot, it would do lee good to be involved but i wouldnt really want to see him playing 90 mins to be honest.

Guest zider_head

ok i forgot to post htis after all but bacially panic over (hes not even on the bench) the team is below and the game does take place at CRAVEN COTTEGE (I'm guessing as alot of sides and players wouldnt want to travel for 24 hours and it would be hard to get decent oppostion to go to auss for a friendly mid season)

Starting side – Qantas Socceroos v Norway, Craven Cottage, 16 November 2004

Mark Schwarzer (gk); Lucas Neill, Tony Vidmar, Tony Popovic, Stan Lazaridis, Josip Skoko, Tim Cahill, Marco Bresciano, Brett Emerton, Mark Viduka, Harry Kewell.

Reserves – Scott Chipperfield, Ahmad Elrich, Vince Grella, Zeljko Kalac (gk), Steve Laybutt, Jonathan McKain, Kevin Muscat, Mile Sterjovski, Danny Tiatto.

ok done a bit of reaserch here

basically up to now wilkshire has been playing for the under 23's as he did at the olympics, he has 2 caps at full international level both against the soloman islands, he is yet to score for the full team.

He was made captain of the under 23's see the story below :-

http://www.australiansoccer.com.au/public/...2&menuItemID=89

Below is the side they used @ the pylmpics :-

1. Brad Jones - goalkeeper (Middlesbrough, England)

2. Jade North - defender (Perth Glory, Australia)

3. Shane Cansdell-Sheriff - defender (Aarhus, Denmark)

4. Craig Moore - defender (Rangers, Scotland)

5. Jon McKain - defender (National Bucuresti, Romania)

6. Adrian Madaschi - defender (Partick Thistle, Scotland)

7. Ahmad Elrich - midfielder (Busan, South Korea)

8. Luke Wilkshire - midfielder (Bristol City, England)

9. John Aloisi - forward (Osasuna, Spain)

10. Tim Cahill - midfielder (Millwall, England)

11. Alex Brosque - forward (Feyenoord, Netherlands - on loan to Westerlo, Belgium)

12. David Tarka - defender (Nottingham Forest, England)

13. Carl Valeri - midfielder (Inter Milan, Italy)

14. Brett Holman - forward (Feyenoord, Netherlands - on loan to Excelsior, Netherlands)

15. Anthony Danze - midfielder (Perth Glory, Australia)

16. Spase Dilevski - midfielder (PSV Eindhoven, Netherlands - on loan to Rot-Weiss Essen, Germany)

17. Ryan Griffiths - midfielder (Newcastle United, Australia)

18. Eugen Galekovic - goalkeeper (South Melbourne, Australia)

Intresting to see most players play in europe with alot playing in england and scotland.

Another piece of useless info I'm not sure all of you would know is that Christian Vieri (intermilan and italian forward) is infact australian and if you see him interviewed he has the most weird australian come italin accent, he left auss around 16 i think.

anyways that my lot, it would do lee good to be involved but i wouldnt really want to see him playing 90 mins to be honest.

Football is a tertiary sport in Australia. Rugby League, Rugby Union, Aussie Rules, then Soccer as its called downunder. That is why the best Aussie players come North for the better money and recognition.

Archived