IGNORED

Mr Miller

RedRaw

I reckon Miller shuold want to head out of loan, I bet he's dying to get some first team action, I say let him head out of loan and let him play some football at a decent level and see how he fares, I can't see him being any higher than about 5th in our lineup of strikers in tins eyes and it's doing his career no good to just be playing reserve footy all the time. If I was him I'd be asking to head out on loan.

Yeah agreed the boy needs to get some match practise in. I think with Heff now back in training we might just see Lee depart for someone in league 2.

I was interested in the chap claiming to be Lee's bro. You say he has interest from a Championship side?? hmmmm I just think that anyone looking at how the lad has done here would be reluctant to take him on. Except inScotland where he is more well know.

I have seen flashes of Lee looking good. winning headers in the box making intelligent runs to creat space for himself and others. But don't really understand what his best role is. He's too skinny and lightweight to play as the target man. But is too slow to play as the attacker on the last defender. He gets a few goals but certainly doesn't strike me as a natural finisher in the mold of Lita/Heff. So what exactly is his role in the side?

I would be interested to know where his goals came from when playing for Falkirk.

He has had enough chances to prove himself.

This is just it. You put Lee Miller in the team now, and with the number of chances and attacking options we have at present he will score goals its as simple as that.

When he was in the side, we were boring non inventive and not getting enough decent balls into the box, this season is a different story, not taking anything away form Leroy, but if the chances arnt coming, your not going to score.

:laugh:

This is just it. You put Lee Miller in the team now, and with the number of chances and attacking options we have at present he will score goals its as simple as that.

When he was in the side, we were boring non inventive and not getting enough decent balls into the box, this season is a different story, not taking anything away form Leroy, but if the chances arnt coming, your not going to score.

:laugh:

We should just change his name to Lee Marmite then everybody would be happy ;)

;)

hmmmmm i have to say i don't really agree. Miller struggled big time to score enough goals last season and i agree that the service and the fact he played with Peacock didn't help the lad. BUT he is not the type of six yard box player like lita/heff or like i said above quick enough to be getting 1 on 1's like those two. And Brooker is a big bruising, talented goal scoring ctarget man. Miller has done nothing to warrent getting ahead of any of the above.

Let me just qualify that with i would like him to stay as i think has got talent but i can see him not reaching his potential until he is 28/29 when his experience and natural strength will be at there peak. That's a lont time for us to wait.

AS for being a big player for Scotland... :laugh:

Guest yajrellim

"I was interested in the chap claiming to be Lee's bro. You say he has interest from a Championship side?? hmmmm I just think that anyone looking at how the lad has done here would be reluctant to take him on. Except inScotland where he is more well know." quote Leedsred

well mate i just go on what my brother tells me.

I can guarantee that my brother will prove the doubters wrong. Be it at city or else where

Don't get me wrong lita has done very well but alot of his goals have been quite fortunate

If lee was given the same opertunity as lita ie play consecutive 90 mins then lee's bristol career would be very different.

Ps if you do some digging and look at my user name closely you will find i'm lee's elder brother Jay, or you could ask my mum "Grannyjoy" if thats not good enough or lees pal Whitey 03 who regularly contributes on this site.

If lee was given the same opertunity as lita ie play consecutive 90 mins then lee's bristol career would be very different.

Well ive been backing Lee since day one, and i keep saying the same thing you do Jay. Lita didnt get the full 90 mins or a run in the team last season and look whats happened to him.

You don't need to be related to Lee to see that he hasnt been given a fair run in the team.

I hope Lee doesnt feel that he doesnt have the fans support,I'm all for him developing himself as a player and if that means going on loan for a month or 2 then so be it, i just want to see him succeed here at Bristol City as that is clearly what he was brought here to do.

I don't think now is the time for Lee to go out on loan.

We have a lot of games coming up, Lee is one of our 5 main strikers, if Tins wants two stikers on the bench then I'm sure Lee will be getting some first team action very soon. Injuries and suspensions could see him starting.

It's difficult to tell if it's...

A) Lee asking to go out on loan as he's fed up ?

B) The club want Lee to go out on loan to get fit/match practice ?

C) The Club want Lee go on loan as they see no future for him and looking to offload? ;)

D) Other clubs are unsettling him?

E) None of the above, it's just all a bad dream

F) All of the above it's a nightmare! :laugh:

Any I've missed?

I have been watching this topic with obvious interest, and find myself agreeing with so many posts ;)

Lets be honest here, Management use this Forum and the Website to let you know just what they want you to know, and rightly so on occasion.

This results in the (mostly)constructive airing of comment and opinions which follow, but can also lead to some members going off in completely the wrong direction.

Lee's dedication to Bristol City Football Club has not wavered since the day he signed with them, and he is perfectly happy in his adopted town. He is still supporting and giving his time to local clubs and charities, and still has time to meet and greet fans at any time. Though surprised and a bit p--- off with his exclusion from the team, he is no less determined to win back a place to prove he can be an asset to the club, and play a part in getting the club out of this division.

If this means he has to go out on loan to another club to bring the sharpness back, that only truly competitive games can bring, then he is more than willing to do that.

What struck me on reading this topic is that with so many games, so close together, and according to some with differing levels of importance coming up, surely it would be perfect time to try out different combinations.

With one player (Lee) prompting so many opinions like this, :laugh: surely giving him an opportunity to play would serve several purposes.

1) Let us see him in this new attacking, and confident set-up.

2) Remind him that he is still a City player, and still appreciated by some fans at least.

3) If afterwards BT still thinks he needs loan experience, or that he just doesnt want him as part of his team, at least the teams interested ( and yes they are from all divisions) have a chance to see him.

Just a thought ;)

I have been watching this topic with obvious interest, and find myself agreeing with so many posts  ;)

Lets be honest here, Management use this Forum and the Website to let you know just what they want you to know, and rightly so on occasion. 

This results in the (mostly)constructive airing of comment and opinions which follow, but can also lead to some members going off in completely the wrong direction.

Lee's dedication to Bristol City Football Club has not wavered since the day he signed with them, and he is perfectly happy in his adopted town. He is still supporting and giving his time to local clubs and charities, and still has time to meet and greet fans at any time.  Though surprised and a bit p--- off with his exclusion from the team, he is no less determined to win back a place to prove he can be an asset to the club, and play a part in getting the club out of this division. 

If this means he has to go out on loan to another club to bring the sharpness back, that only truly competitive games can bring, then he is more than willing to do that.

What struck me on reading this topic is that with so many games, so close together, and according to some with differing levels of importance coming up, surely it would be perfect time to try out different combinations.

With one player (Lee) prompting so many opinions like this, :laugh:  surely giving him an opportunity to play would serve several purposes.

1)  Let us see him in this new attacking, and confident set-up.

2)  Remind him that he is still a City player, and still appreciated by some fans at least.

3)  If afterwards BT still thinks he needs loan experience, or that he just doesnt want him as part of his team, at least the teams  interested ( and yes they are from all divisions) have a chance to see him.

Just a thought  ;)

Always good to hear from you GrannyJoy.

Glad to hear that Lee is still happy here (apart from the lack of games this season) and that he is still performing his professional duties off the pitch.

Your 3 points are very interesting, and as i have said before, if teams from a higher division than ourselves are looking at him, surely hes good enough for our team ;)

I'll keep praying he gets his run sooner or later, obviously good to see our current front 2 doing so well, but i still think Lee could have done just as good a job given the chance.

;)

Guest TinmansCulturedLeftPeg
Grannyjoy

What was Lee's position at falkirk? Did he play as an out and out striker or was he playing off a big target man?

He started out as a holding midfielder but because his best strength was getting his head onto aerial balls he was converted into a forward/target-man....and I know he covered at centre-back on atleast one occasion in 02/03....and I know he previously played with the likes of Everton's McFadden for Scotland schoolboys....

Grannyjoy

What was Lee's position at falkirk? Did he play as an out and out striker or was he playing off a big target man?

After consultation, the general opinion is that he was played basically as a target man ( had the cuts and bruises to prove it :) ), but mainly played as a link up man, who showed for the ball into feet, and 9 times out of 10 supplied to pacey forwards in Owen Coyle and Colin Samuel.

When he wasnt playing the link up man, he was getting on the end of crosses from Coyle and Sammy, who worked the channels, creating space for Lee to ghost in and get his head on the crosses.

If you quote the goal tallies of each of the players, it will show Lee was not only a goal scorer, but also one of the main providers of goals for his two fellow strikers.

One thing in this topic which saddens me is the low opinion some have of Scottish football, without 1st hand knowledge of it. I always admired this forum for speaking from experience or on known facts, I'm afraid not on this occasion.

Back me up butterflybairn? :dunno:

What was the score in pre-season Falkirk V Wigan :grr:

Guest yajrellim
After consultation, the general opinion is that he was played basically as a target man ( had the cuts and bruises to prove it  :) ), but  mainly played as a link up man, who showed for the ball into feet, and 9 times out of 10 supplied to pacey forwards in Owen Coyle and Colin Samuel.

When he wasnt playing the link up man, he was getting on the end of crosses from Coyle and Sammy, who worked the channels, creating space for Lee to ghost in and get his head on the crosses.

If you quote the goal tallies of each of the players, it will show Lee was not only a goal scorer, but also one of the main providers of goals for his two fellow strikers.

One thing in this topic which saddens me is the low opinion some have of Scottish football, without 1st hand knowledge of it.  I always admired this forum for speaking from experience or on known facts, I'm afraid not on this occasion.

Back me up butterflybairn? :dunno:

What was the score in pre-season Falkirk V Wigan :grr:

To further what my mum has just said Falkirk played a 3-4-3 with the front 3 swaping postions Continuously with lee being the main arial threat along side a left foot goal scorer (Coyle) and a right footed goal scorer with pace (Samual)

most of the width was provided by the wing backs Mcquilken and Laurie with 2 central midfielders who both liked to get forward in Mcpherson and hendry.

..............miller 8

.......coyle 9.........samual 11

.......mcpherson 10...hendry 7

mquilken 3....................laurie 2

........james6 hughes5 mackenzie4

..............ferguson 1

To further what my mum has just said Falkirk played a 3-4-3 with the front 3 swaping postions Continuously with lee being the main arial threat.

I like the sound of that. Why can't we give it a go??? imagine how hard for it would be for defenders to cope with Lita, Brooker and Miller with Gillsepie and Heff as back up. They aren't always very bright ( defenders in this division) and this will confuse the hell out of them! :dunno:

That Brentford manager said we had 'weapons of mass destruction', he ain't seen nothing yet!!! but then nor have we if it's not tried. :grr:

One thing in this topic which saddens me is the low opinion some have of Scottish football, without 1st hand knowledge of it.  I always admired this forum for speaking from experience or on known facts, I'm afraid not on this occasion.

I have to admit, I don't know much about (or follow) Scottish football, but if there is a reason why I have a low opinion of Scottish football, then it is dictated by the media, as much as by their results at international level.

Only recently, I saw an extended Sky Sports News piece, pointing out how municipal pitches were locked up, so kids couldn't use them, and how Scottish children were turning to other activities instead, as a result.

People involved in Scottish football were bemoaning the fact that, at one time you could go to any tenement block and find one or two quality players, but that this was no longer the case.

Alan Hansen has said that Scottish football may never improve, as youngsters aren't getting a chance to play at the highest level, because Celtic and Rangers buy in forigners rather than give their homegrown talent a chance. He highlighted the fact that only four Scotsmen played in a recent Old Firm clash.

As I say, I know little about Scottish football, but what I do know via the media, has been very negative and pessimistic about the future.

Enlighten me, Grannyjoy. As the media can be extremely misleading and disheartening for those who are working hard to change things.

Guest TinmansCulturedLeftPeg
I like the sound of that. Why can't we give it a go??? imagine how hard for it would be for defenders to cope with Lita, Brooker and Miller with Gillsepie and Heff as back up. They aren't always very bright ( defenders in this division) and this will confuse the hell out of them! :dunno:

That Brentford manager said we had 'weapons of mass destruction', he ain't seen nothing yet!!! but then nor have we if it's not tried. :grr:

Surely it would have to be Murray and Lita outside of Miller if we were to give that a go....but unfortunately for Miller,Brooker looks the s.h.i.t! :P

I have to admit, I don't know much about (or follow) Scottish football, but if there is a reason why I have a low opinion of Scottish football, then it is dictated by the media, as much as by their results at international level.

Only recently, I saw an extended Sky Sports News piece, pointing out how municipal pitches were locked up, so kids couldn't use them, and how Scottish children were turning to other activities instead, as a result.

People involved in Scottish football were bemoaning the fact that, at one time you could go to any tenement block and find one or two quality players, but that this was no longer the case.

Alan Hansen has said that Scottish football may never improve, as youngsters aren't getting a chance to play at the highest level, because Celtic and Rangers buy in forigners rather than give their homegrown talent a chance. He highlighted the fact that only four Scotsmen played in a recent Old Firm clash.

As I say, I know little about Scottish football, but what I do know via the media, has been very negative and pessimistic about the future.

Enlighten me, Grannyjoy. As the media can be extremely misleading and disheartening for those who are working hard to change things.

As usual Edson, your," Little", is an awful lot more than most :dunno:

I agree with a lot of what you have quoted re Scottish Football, as part of the Scottish Sports Council I have had to fight against local Councils taking the attitude that, "football can take care of itself", for many years now. I predicted this decline, as I watched local local pitches deteriorate slowly but surely, until they now are, "too expensive to bring up to standard".

As we, unfortunately through neccessity, become a more, "child safety minded" society, the days of putting down 2 jackets and having a kick about in the street, or on waste ground are rare. Through my local Sports Council we help financially wherever possible Local Boys Clubs, but the need for shake up of grass roots football is now desparate, if we want to see an improvement in our National Team.

David Taylor, of the SFA did a presentation to our Conference of Scottish Sports Councils early this year, and I'm afraid showed himself up, with his lack of knowledge about what actually goes on at grass root level. He, believe it or not, is coming back in February to put across the result of his,"football think tank" :grr: which should be fun, as having read the white paper, says a lot about nothing.

With that down note, I feel I have to say that away from the ,"Big 2", Scottish football is not without hope. Many Clubs have their own Soccer Academy's, with prospects a plenty, and knowing some of these boy's and girl's I refuse to believe that pride in playing for ones country is dying.

As for taking information from the media - shame on you Edson :) when did you start believing what you read or hear from that quarter? Sure did'nt they suggest, only this week, that Lee was heading for Scott Murray Country :ph34r:

What is it the song says, " we can still rise and be a Nation again" :ph34r:

Where theres life, theres hope.

Joy

As for taking information from the media - shame on you Edson :grr: when did you start believing what you read or hear from that quarter?  Sure did'nt they suggest, only this week, that Lee was heading for Scott Murray Country  :)

Lee's not going to Reading is he???!!! :ph34r:

:dunno:

Guest yajrellim

youth football isn't as bad as you would expect in scotland, its the next step as clubs cant afford to keep them all so only a selected few go righ trough the ranks.

Also Drinking, drugs and girls arrive on the seen during the teenage years.so many players are lost as a result.

ive lost count of the talented players ive played with who didnt make it for one reason or another.

but scottish teams in youth tournaments do really well. I was part of a Motherwell side who defeated many english clubs on the way to the final of irelands respected milk cup tournamnet.

It may have been U14 level but many players currently playing in the premiership played in that tournament that year. namely Joe Cole, Stuart parnaby, Leon osman to mane but a few.

on route to the final we managed to defeat Middlesbourgh, Man utd and Everton but were defeated in the final by a very good West Ham team. i have the video of the semi final and final to remember the occasion.

the likes of Beckham, Scholes Butt and the nevilles have played in that tournament before. so we did quite well.

so do not underestimante scottish football we will be back....eventually....maybee.....hopefully.

from an optomistic scotsman or mad one.

Scottish football will come back, but the Celtic/Rangers dominance helps NOT!! and the young uns will struggle to get to a decent run to show their abilities up there

There are good players up there, but they IMHO rarely make it through up there, and the great players of the past who came to England, aint being followed by todays generation, and the only reason I can think for that is that the foreign players who now flood here are cheaper to hire than the Scots lads...shame there will always be room for a Jordan, McQueen, Souness, Dalglish, McClintock, Bremner, McClair, Strachan, or Graham in the game here, and be a better place for their presence :dunno:

You lot will be back, the sooner the better, my head would stop gettin nipped by the Braveheart relatives there!!

"I was interested in the chap claiming to be Lee's bro. You say he has interest from a Championship side?? hmmmm I just think that anyone looking at how the lad has done here would be reluctant to take him on. Except inScotland where he is more well know." quote Leedsred

well mate i just go on what my brother tells me.

I can guarantee that my brother will prove the doubters wrong. Be it at city or else where

Don't get me wrong lita has done very well but alot of his goals have been quite fortunate

Ps if you do some digging and look at my user name closely you will find i'm lee's elder brother Jay, or you could ask my mum "Grannyjoy" if thats not good enough or lees pal Whitey 03 who regularly contributes on this site.

Sorry wasn't meant to be that i didnt believe u were his bro just a figure of speech.

Anyhow I am not what you call a doubter as such, but i do feel that so far he hasn't shown enough to be ahead of the others. If say u put him in ahead of Lita we have the same situation as last year when he was paired with Peacock. To big guys running the channels and neither being in the six yard box getting any part of their body on the ball to score ie Lita.

I am not sure whether given the same time on the pitch as Brooker he would be better. I will be sad if he goes because i really think the lad has talent. And I don't think it's a case of the fans not being behind him but more that we are unsure of whether he is quite ready to play in our first XI.

He would definately get in other teams in our leauge. However,when he has played as the main target man last season and this he has struggled.

That said i remember him having a blinder against Grimbsy away last year and then being subbed and Peacock left... perhaps others would agree with me that happened FAR to often last year.

PS. A good friend of mine supports the bino's and says falkirk fans are the darkside and enjoy close family relations! I take it Sriling Albion and Faalkirk aren't too close!! :dunno:

Guest bristolbred

I shall wait and see what happens when the transfer window opens in January, to see the "final" outcome of the Lee Miller saga!!, :ph34r:

Good or Bad, for either the club or the lad himself!!, :)

As for what Tinnion really thinks of Lee, or says in the news section of this forum, i shall take it with a pinch of salt, and i expect to see Tin's starring as Pinnochio in a pantomime near me, this Christmas!!, :dunno::grr:

I like the sound of that. Why can't we give it a go??? 

I'd understand you posting that if we were on s losing run and playing poorly, but why change the tactics and players during this unbeaten run we're on.

It does make me laugh when I read people blaming Peacock for Miller's lack of goals last season though, he has been paired with Lita twice this season from the start of games and basically blown it, missed a great chance against Swindon at home, and if that had gone in surely he would have made his mark this season, and confidence would have grown.

Archived