IGNORED

Band Aid 20

Stoke_Gifford_Red

Guest MaloneFM

Rubbish rubbish rubbish

Dizzee Rascal sticks out like a sore thumb. It has no passion. Even the much hyped line by Bonio has no guts. It will be christmas number 1 because it will have the ass played off it.

The original was a spur of the moment thing and was much better. It had urgency and the recording session was not planned weeks in advance. It was recorded on a sunday and out on a wednesday.

This is like the Star Wars sequels..the remake of the Italian Job..and every single by Status Quo over the last 15 years. It has the feeling of 'we cracked it once, can we do it again?'

No!

I've only heard a clip but it sounds crap, especially when compared to the original.

What makes it worse is that we all know the original so well (like a trusted, warm wolly jumper that only comes out at Christmas) so it's always going to sound lacklustre.

What confuses me is surely we have enough talent in this country to write an original and contemporary song, which surely would have more effect?

Guest XrAnGeX

Agreed.

After hearing who was taking part, I thought it might actually be good.

However.... I was dissapointed with the end result, the original is still fantastic.

What makes it worse is that we all know the original so well (like a trusted, warm wolly jumper that only comes out at Christmas) so it's always going to sound lacklustre.

Aren't we all forgetting that this is actually the second remake of the song?

Has everybody blocked Pete Waterman's cover, featuring the likes of Bros and Jason Donovan from their minds? I wish I could.

Edit : Full Band Aid II line up (some viewers may find this list disturbing) :

# Bananarama

# Big Fun

# Bros

# Cathy Dennis

# D Mob

# Jason Donovan

# Kevin Godley

# Glen Goldsmith

# Kylie Minogue

# The Pasadenas

# Chris Rea

# Cliff Richard

# Jimmy Somerville

# Sonia

# Lisa Stansfield

# Techtronics

# Wet Wet Wet

Musically I reckon it's a superior version of what was always a mediocre song. But that's not the point. I say well done to Geldof & Ure for having another go :laugh: This will raise far more awareness AND money for the cause than simply re-releasing the original. Or for that matter, than any number of news broadcasts or parish jumble sales.

I'll buy it but I won't play it. The crapness of the song or comparisons to the original don't really come into it.

The original was crap and so is this one.

It's not a patch on the original, I think the Original is going to be the "B Side" (showing my age) so it will be included (not sure on this, would be nice!)

I think it will grow on me, but it is for a very good cause.

Rubbish.

The biggest mistake I can see is that they have tried to make it so different from the original.

They should of used new singers but exactly the same keys and tune.

If you take Bono's bit in the original; really powerfully sang and everybody, but everybody sings that with the same passion when p***sed up at a party; it is a famous line, hence, so many of the performers wanted that line.

Now, they might have well used a nobody as the tune and style of the song does not allow for the same line to be sang with half as much passion.

As for that rap bit; what is that about?

I agree that the new version is crap compared to the first but to be fair neither are "great" pieces of music. Personally I will defiantly be buying the single which will be the first single I have bought since I downloaded the first version of Napster.

I will probably never listen to the new single when i buy it but I feel Band Aid is such a great charity.

Africa needs help and this is one way everyone can help Africa's plight. So I urge everyone to purchase it even if you never listen to it.

You can download the song at the Band Aid 20 for £1.99 for 2 tracks or £1.49 for 1 track. ALL go to charity!

http://www.bandaid20.co.uk/

Guest bristolbred

All together now:

It's Bankruptcy time, there's no need to be afraid. At Bankruptcy time, we let in builders and we make new homes.

Feed the Welsh!!,

Let them know it's Charity time!!,

Feed the Welsh!!,

Let them go and feed themselves!!,

:dunno::D

Archived