IGNORED

Smoking Ban

whooosh

Everyone should have a free choice of where to sit as well as areas where they can or cannot smoke; any blanket ban of no smoking is way to much over the top in Football grounds or pubs.

These do gooders are quite happy to get in their cars and pollute the air with the fumes from their engines.Ban cars and make everyone ride a bike next  :laugh: pathetic. to much oppression already ;)

so whats all this too oppresion you suffer from already then. ;)

The person in front of me has free choice to smoke but why should I move to avoid it. I've changed my season seat twice already to get away from smoke.  Joke about if you like but this is a health issue. Smokers should be put in separate smoking areas.

Smokers should have there own area at football grounds and in pubs etc, I in fact have been trying to stop for , well quite a while, and I have chronic obstructive for my sins over the past 30 years, but still do not agree with a blanket ban on this they/we should have the choice wether to or not and yes have there own areas. :laugh: I nominate the East End as a smoking area ;);) move me there now.

If I want to smoke I will.

None of you do gooders have any right to tell me what to do.

The basic fact is that a lot of people smoke and the club will not want to lose money by losing us loyal smoking supporters

If you don't like I suggest you stay at home and listen to the game on the radio.

I have been smoking for 15 years, 25 a day and its done me no harm at all.

This might be my last post on here as I am suffering from an incurable illness.

If I want to smoke I will.

None of you do gooders have any right to tell me what to do.

The basic fact is that a lot of people smoke and the club will not want to lose money by losing us loyal smoking supporters

If you don't like I suggest you stay at home and listen to the game on the radio.

I have been smoking for 15 years, 25 a day and its done me no harm at all.

This might be my last post on here as I am suffering from an incurable illness.

So just because you smoke you have to put us "do gooders" through it. don't be pathetic , i have no problem what so ever with people who want to smoke , what i do have a problem with is someone elses smoke coming into my face and making me stink of fags. There should be an area were smokers can go in the ground so us "do gooders" don't have to put up with it.

People like you make me sooo sick.

People in this country have been smoking for 100's of years!, in the last 10 years everybody has to be PC and jump on this anti, cant do bandwagon.

My suggestion would be if you don't like it, don't come!

Or maybe light up!, you might just enjoy it!

People in this country have been smoking for 100's of years!, in the last 10 years everybody has to be PC and jump on this anti, cant do bandwagon.

What an ignorant pig you are , why do you think people have recently realized smoking isnt good? Because its only recently been proven that it kills. So i should have to sit through a football match with deadly smoke in my face shoudl i? You're not going to stop me from coming to football matches , as i said i have no problem with people who smoke , but it is MY choice not to do so and i don't feel i should have it forced on me by people blowing there exhaled smoke in my face! Or am i being completely unreasonable? :laugh:

So just because you smoke you have to put us "do gooders" through it. don't be pathetic , i have no problem what so ever with people who want to smoke , what i do have a problem with is someone elses smoke coming into my face and making me stink of fags. There should be an area were smokers can go in the ground so us "do gooders" don't have to put up with it.

Not sure if mrdc was being sarcastic CR.

The last line made me think that.

You can argue that a person has the right to do to themselves whatever they like, but when it affects someone else it is not on. It's not pleasant for those who don't and it's proven to harm people. Taking it to the extreme, I hope noone minds if I say stuff going to the toilet and pee on the floor of the Dolman, I apologise for splashing anyone, but I don't care as its my right to do what I like even if its rude, unpleasant and unhygeinic for you! :laugh: (was the best I could do)

Guest DrFaustus

He could come up our ground - there's usually plenty of lighters in the goal mouth :laugh:

The person in front of me has free choice to smoke but why should I move to avoid it. I've changed my season seat twice already to get away from smoke.  Joke about if you like but this is a health issue. Smokers should be put in separate smoking areas.

maybe we should just not let smokers in the gate ,after the club don't need the money .

What an ignorant pig you are , why do you think people have recently realized smoking isnt good? Because its only recently been proven that it kills. So i should have to sit through a football match with deadly smoke in my face shoudl i?  You're not going to stop me from coming to football matches , as i said i have no problem with people who smoke , but it is MY choice not to do so and i don't feel i should have it forced on me by people blowing there exhaled smoke in my face! Or am i being completely unreasonable? :laugh:

then turn around and watch the game

Well what if the person happens to be infront of me and the wind is blowing the smoke in my face?? Anyway i cant be bothered with this argument anymore , nobodys ever going to reach any agreement so there is no point in this whatsoever.

very true they will not stop somking at fotball grounds because of the money

Now that smokers are on the run, it's perfume wearers next.

In Canada, where smokers have been on the run for longer than here, they have moved on to perfume. They are insisting on segregation in enclosed areas after complaints from people who are made to feel ill by the smell and apparently harmful concoction of chemicals present in perfumes.

This is not a joke. It is happening there now and will therefore undoubtedly follow here shortly.

No perfume in enclosed pubs/cafes/work places etc. here in a couple of years?

I suppose it can be disgusting and is now apparently passively harmful too. Perhaps we should aim for a ban at the Gate as well? :laugh:

I really hope that the smoking ban includes Football stadiums, how people can smoke when children are sat close to them is unbelievably selfish!

This made me chuckle I'm afraid. I have a season ticket in the Atyeo, just 2 rows down from me there's always a group of teenagers, roughly 12 to 14 year olds........... all puffing away throughout the game :laugh: now I smoke, but I always ask the person next to me if they mind if I have a fag, during the match, if I want one that is, but I always try to wait till half time when I can stand away from possible non smokers, if there happens to be a young child by me or in front of me then i do wait till half time.

A total ban will be very hard to enforce, but not impossible, and surely human rights would have a field day with this subject, as we are part of the EU, I think smokers might just have a case, as in Europe, you can smoke anywhere, and as the law invokes our freedom....... then .. the smokers could win, BUT, the non smokers would also have a case with the health aspect of it, so the only way I see any good outcome to this is, as someone has already said, smoking and non smoking areas in the ground. but then where? as there will always be someone moan that wanted to sit, or they sit there and are not prepared to move. It could be a very long arguement. ;)

As a smoker who seems to be in the minority I actually don't smoke during the game, I do realise that its my choice to smoke so I wait until half time to go underneath the stand away from everyone else in the stairwell and have a fag.

Against Swindon at the start of the season I was told off by a bloke with his son who told me to "smoke that thing outside!"

Sometimes as a smoker you just cant win !!

I'm quite anti smoking but smoking at a football ground doesn't really bother me. The amount of actual smoke inhaled is going to be realatively small compared to if you go into a bar before the game.

The only problem is as a non smoker you always seem to get surrounded by a group of smokers

BAN it!

It really annoys me when people smoke, it's selfish and most smokers show a complete disreguard for others around them.

A ban on smoking in all public places would be fair, after-all, why should you be forced to inhale smoke when you aren't a smoker.

I understand that some smokers are understanding and actually go away from areas where people are standing/sitting, but in most cases you don't get this.

An example of from a city game a few weeks back: There were 3 lads aged beteen 15-17 smoking away 3 seats or so infront of me and all they were interested in doing was taking big drags and then breathing out deliberately into the faces of people around them including children.

Archived