IGNORED

City Fans Listen Up

Wilksi

What with all this talk about ban smoking/swearing/gingerism/gypoism/fatism and god knows whatever else you lot can come up with, I have been thinking, shall we have a dress code at the gate as well??

It seems football is losing its roots and is going upper class... shall we all partake in english lessons so we can all speak in an accent appropirate for a football ground??

Ashton Gate is a morgue at the best of times, and with you lot tying to stop BANTER and everything else it will be more like going to the opera than a football match..

Citys fans, all you ever do is moan, if its not on players it is on your own fans... Victor Meldrew, the lot of you..

Please lighten up a bit and look on the bright side of life.....

Stop picking on minorities.. the lot of you.

:laugh:

I would like to pint out that you are being pompus and over reacting. You are the type of person that will shout if someone makes a spelling mistake or misses grammar whats the point in banter if everyone on here is a BCFC supporter?

We all love this club and if we keep Leeeeeerrrooooy in Jan we will be winning this league.

Oh and you want me to look on the bright side, yeah great, when we lose 1-0 and i come back to my car being broken into? yeah cheers Wilksi.

Ashton Gate is not a morgue, cause if it was it would be very disrespectful to play a football game in there.

I have a huge problem with fatism, i am fat.

What with all this talk about ban smoking/swearing/gingerism/gypoism/fatism and god knows whatever else you lot can come up with, I have been thinking, shall we have a dress code at the gate as well??

It seems football is losing its roots and is going upper class... shall we all partake in english lessons so we can all speak in an accent appropirate for a football ground??

Ashton Gate is a morgue at the best of times, and with you lot tying to stop BANTER and everything else it will be more like going to the opera than a football match..

Citys fans, all you ever do is moan, if its not on players it is on your own fans... Victor Meldrew, the lot of you..

Please lighten up a bit and look on the bright side of life.....

Stop picking on minorities.. the lot of you.

;)

I agree with what you are saying.

But this forum would be boring if everyone agreed with each other. ;)

*Oops i just agreed with you ;):laugh:

Totally agree, the tide of political correctness sweeping over football is in danger of killing the game as a spectator sport.

It's all very well trying to appeal to the "family" and the "middle class" market, but these people are selective about the matches they attend, have no passion for the club and will desert it when things aren't going well, they are not real fans and will never be the backbone of the club. They are happy to go on a summers day out to Mill Stad but how many of them will turn up to watch us play wrexham in the league on a cold night in Feb ?

If you want to sit in a quiet, no-smoking, no swearing, no banter, no jokes atmoshere then go to the cinema.

Totally agree, the tide of political correctness sweeping over football is in danger of killing the game as a spectator sport. 

It's all very well trying to appeal to the "family" and the "middle class" market, but these people are selective about the matches they attend, have no passion for the club and will desert it when things aren't going well, they are not real fans and will never be the backbone of the club.  They are happy to go on a summers day out to Mill Stad but how many of them will turn up to watch us play wrexham in the league on a cold night in Feb ?

If you want to sit in a quiet, no-smoking, no swearing, no banter, no jokes atmoshere then go to the cinema.

I'm confused. Why does a smoking ban stop the banter?

Also a bit more specific to your points, why don't families and the middle class market support as much as everyone else?

I'm confused. Why does a smoking ban stop the banter?

Also a bit more specific to your points, why don't families and the middle class market support as much as everyone else?

Quite agree. I've got a mortgage and went to college. I've also got three kids, the youngest of whom is five months old. As a consequence of being a family man (who is possibly middle class - discuss), I have to be selective about the games I attend currently. Oh I also live in South Wales and so have a slighter longer trek to home games than those of you who live in BS3. I would love to be at Ashton Gate on a freezing February evening with two of my sons in tow and indeed I'll make every effort to get there. But with my wife on maternity leave, I may not be able to afford it. I guess that'll disappoint some of you and bring my loyalty into question. But believe me, this middle class family man would give anything to be at the Gate every week given the resources.

Scooter Red

Yea ok, but when was that exactly?

When the East End was open v Hartlepool; and well done wilksi, lets look on the brighter ziderside of life, ;) lifes to short to be a right ;) Going up this time :laugh:

Quite agree.  I've got a mortgage and went to college.  I've also got three kids, the youngest of whom is five months old.  As a consequence of being a family man (who is possibly middle class - discuss), I have to be selective about the games I attend currently.  Oh I also live in South Wales and so have a slighter longer trek to home games than those of you who live in BS3.  I would love to be at Ashton Gate on a freezing February evening with two of my sons in tow and indeed I'll make every effort to get there.  But with my wife on maternity leave, I may not be able to afford it.  I guess that'll disappoint some of you and bring my loyalty into question.  But believe me, this middle class family man would give anything to be at the Gate every week given the resources. 

Scooter Red

I accept that all fans whether working/middle/chav class cannot make every game (I went to college and am a civil servant with a mortgage btw). The point I am making is that if we start to accomodate the no smoking/drinking/swearing brigade we will end up with a a silent ground and a passionless game.

I accept that all fans whether working/middle/chav class cannot make every game (I went to college and am a civil servant with a mortgage btw).  The point I am making is that if we start to accomodate the no smoking/drinking/swearing brigade we will end up with a a silent ground and a passionless game.

I'm still confused why a no smoking policy will change everything.

As a professional, i believe that puts you as middle class. I guess you don't support the club that much and pick your games and all of this............

but these people are selective about the matches they attend, have no passion for the club and will desert it when things aren't going well, they are not real fans and will never be the backbone of the club. 

I'm still confused why a no smoking policy will change everything.

As a professional, i believe that puts you as middle class. I guess you don't support the club that much and pick your games and all of this............

Beacuse anti smokers tend to be anti Banter, Swearing, etc. How long before prawn sandwiches replace pies at the Gate?

I cant afford to be selective I got a season ticket and go to every home game.

I don't think his aim was to point out the grammatical error contained in the quote. Moreso the irony of someone moaning about other fans moaning ;)

I understand that, I was just pointing out he could of used a better example than the spelling and grammer one. :laugh:

edit: are you really a robot in disguise?

Guest monster red
Beacuse anti smokers tend to be anti Banter, Swearing, etc.  How long before prawn sandwiches replace pies at the Gate?

I cant afford to be selective I got a season ticket and go to every home game.

You'ed never guess it was a bit quiet on the football front this week with some of the post on this thread :laugh:(England friendly excluded as they are always dire and I normally fall asleep after the 9th sub has been brought on)

I think your joking but just in case, Anti Smokers tend to be anti-banter :P How on earth did you come to this earth shattering conclusion ;)

Surely if an individual chooses not to smoke he has the right to watch a game of football without having a faceful of smoke every 15 minutes? I bought my season ticket in the Family Enclosure purely for the fact it's non-smoking! There nothing worse as a non smoker that some greasy ferret sucking away on his tabacco stick then depositing his fumes all over you !! Hate it and I will say something if required :@

There nothing worse as a non smoker that some greasy ferret sucking away on his tabacco stick then depositing his fumes all over you !! Hate it and I will say something if required  :@

I resent being called a greasy ferret..

I had a shower this morning :laugh:

You'ed never guess it was a bit quiet on the football front this week with some of the post on this thread :laugh:  (England friendly excluded as they are always dire and I normally fall asleep after the 9th sub has been brought on)

I think your joking but just in case, Anti Smokers tend to be anti-banter :P    How on earth did you come to this earth shattering conclusion  ;)

Surely if an individual chooses not to smoke he has the right to watch a game of football without having a faceful of smoke every 15 minutes? I bought my season ticket in the Family Enclosure purely for the fact it's non-smoking! There nothing worse as a non smoker that some greasy ferret sucking away on his tabacco stick then depositing his fumes all over you !! Hate it and I will say something if required  :@

Cos anti-smokers are generally up tight health fascists who dislike joviality and want everyone to lead their dull life styles.

Guest DrFaustus
Cos anti-smokers are generally up tight health fascists who dislike joviality and want everyone to lead their dull life styles.

Gerry. Don't forget, they're normally sandal wearing hippies as well. :laugh:

I would like to pint out that you are being pompus and over reacting. You are the type of person that will shout if someone makes a spelling mistake or misses grammar whats the point in banter if everyone on here is a BCFC supporter?

you numpty, i never point out anyones bad grammer...

I don't think his aim was to point out the grammatical error contained in the quote. Moreso the irony of someone moaning about other fans moaning :laugh:

If you read the post it says "you are the type of person that" not that you are!

Numpty? I'm highly unoffended!

Guest monster red

Thats just my point! If you choose a lifesyle which includes smoking then fine,it's your life!! but why should the other 20 people around you have to suffer the potential health problems passive smoking brings!!

I really couldnt care if you smoked 200 a day :Cool27: but not whilst your sharing the same air as me ,I think it's sad even after all the medical research regarding passive smoking and it's effects some smokers still have this selfish blinkered attitude.

Gerry. Don't forget, they're normally sandal wearing hippies as well.

Thats just my point! If you choose a lifesyle which includes smoking then fine,it's your life!! but why should the other 20 people around you have to suffer the potential health problems passive smoking brings!!

I really couldnt care if you smoked 200 a day :Cool27:  but not whilst your sharing the same air as me ,I think it's sad even after all the medical research regarding passive smoking and it's effects some smokers still have this selfish blinkered attitude.

:dunno:

The research is far from conclusive though. I personally find it difficult to believe that with the amount of pollution already in the air from cars etc that a bit of fag smoke makes much difference ? Incidentally I don't have a choice about breathing inyour car exhaust , whereas u can move to a no smoking part of the ground.

The research is far from conclusive though.  I personally find it difficult to believe that with the amount of pollution already in the air from cars etc that a bit of fag smoke makes much difference ?  Incidentally I don't have a choice about breathing inyour car exhaust , whereas u can move to a no smoking part of the ground.

What research is this??!?! Is it the research that smokers are the only people who can live the high life?

You do have a choice about car exhausts. Move to the countryside! Though it's interesting to note that exhaust pollution is move likely to affect people in cars in the traffic jam than the pedestrians and cyclists who are moving through it.

Quite agree.  I've got a mortgage and went to college.  I've also got three kids, the youngest of whom is five months old.  As a consequence of being a family man (who is possibly middle class - discuss), I have to be selective about the games I attend currently.  Oh I also live in South Wales and so have a slighter longer trek to home games than those of you who live in BS3.  I would love to be at Ashton Gate on a freezing February evening with two of my sons in tow and indeed I'll make every effort to get there.  But with my wife on maternity leave, I may not be able to afford it.  I guess that'll disappoint some of you and bring my loyalty into question.  But believe me, this middle class family man would give anything to be at the Gate every week given the resources. 

Scooter Red

Jon

How can you call yourself middle class, you know full well i'm the only middle class City supporter!!! :dunno:

Scoot :grr:

Damn it!

I had better slim from my 15 1/2 stone, give up drinking and forget about all the laughs I have in & out of work now then.

I just knew I should have been a pro-smoker who smokes like a chimney.

At least then I wouldn't be this up tight health fascist who dislikes joviality and want everyone to lead their dull life styles.

:dunno::grr::)

Archived