IGNORED

International Friendlies

Rich-TWSC-

Just looking at the results from last night... I'm probably wrong here but what the hell is the point of playing teams in friendlies that are blatantly and notoriously rubbish or inferior? I know I'm bordering on making dodgy comments here and that's not what I meen but if I was an International Coach I wouldn't want to play a poor team even if a moral boosting win was acheived.

Andorra 0 - 3 Holland

Luxembourg 0 - 5 Portugal

At least we played a decent team (as did Republic of Ireland & Scotland)

No wonder the likes of Holland and Portugal don't win big trophies, even though they should... They should have played eachother if anything.

Just a thought.

Wonderful thought but they where obliged to play them as it was World Cup qualifying  :grr:

:):dunno: Boy is my face red... Though the point still applies... As it wasn't the first time (and the other time I was right! :ph34r: )

Blame the BBC website for not stating what were Qualifiers and what weren't!

Comment Cheerfully withdrawn... THIS TIME.

DAMN BBC MAKING ME LOOK BAD!!!!!

Even International firendlies between two equal nations are generally rubbish now though.

At least in games between uneven sides the crowd might see a few goals, it just seems like no country really cares anymore...

If only they could all be like Portugal v Brazil a year or so ago, without Roberto Carlos pushing the ref obviously!

Archived