IGNORED

Set Pieces

GrahamC

Tomorrow will be a good test of our recently found ability to defend at set pieces, Wrexham's centre back Dennis Lawrence, who is 6ft 6, has already scored six so far this season and has also scored in three of their last four home games.

I wondered after the Brentford match if Tinnion might have paired Coles and Hill in the middle and brought Smith in at right back, but I expect that he'll go with keeping Butler in the side to help Brooker out marking this bloke.

The other option of course is to play Fortune at left back instead of Bell, as this gives us another tall player, and Bell seems to have been struggling with an injury in recent games, but I doubt that will happen.

Tomorrow will be a good test of our recently found ability to defend at set pieces, Wrexham's centre back Dennis Lawrence, who is 6ft 6, has already scored six so far this season and has also scored in three of their last four home games.

I wondered after the Brentford match if Tinnion might have paired Coles and Hill in the middle and brought Smith in at right back, but I expect that he'll go with keeping Butler in the side to help Brooker out marking this bloke.

The other option of course is to play Fortune at left back instead of Bell, as this gives us another tall player, and Bell seems to have been struggling with an injury in recent games, but I doubt that will happen.

I'm glad it wont happen. There will always be Arial Threat In this Division (with the exeption of us)

The back 4 we have at the moment Coles Butler Hill Bell is our strongest without a doubt. We 'should' have enough quality to deal with best In this division.

He must have improved, then.

When we played Wrexham at home last season, Mr. Lawrence looked as though he had never seen a football before in his life.

He must have improved, then.

When we played Wrexham at home last season, Mr. Lawrence looked as though he had never seen a football before in his life.

I agree, he was absolutely awful.

I work with a Wrexham fan who tells me he is the archetypal "Bambi on Ice" but as our standard of football someone with good delivery of a dead ball (Darren Ferguson) and a bloke that tall is very difficult to defend against.

Archived