IGNORED

Bristol Sports Shop

Claverham_Red

As you probably seen on the City website this morning, City along with Rovers, Bristol Shoguns and Bristol Rugby have all joined forces to launch a new shop in the city centre.

This seems a good idea in theory as some people can't get to the shop that easily but are city really going to benefit from it?

I'm sure they will but what are people's thoughts on this

BTW what about Gloucestershire Cricket? :dunno:

Guest Champagne Football

It depends really what proportion of profits go to each club, it seems a good idea to share costs but it must have been hard to reach an agreement on a share of the revenue. It would be hard to regulate each club receiving sales from each of its own products.

It is a shame though that using the four club's intelligence combined, they still manage to have a basic grammar mistake in their marketing logo. It should be 'Bristol' not 'bristol.'

Guest pentlandsl

The shop is an excellent idea and is something I have advocated on this forum before. By making the merchandise more accessible, more of it will be sold. When you go into Broadmead, how many of you will NOT be tempted to pop in and have a quick look around?

As regards splitting the income, that is very easy for the store to work out with a typical barcode-based stocking system.

Well done to all the clubs involved for having the nounce to co-operate in this venture (although Gloucestershire CC should have also been involved).

I think it is an excellent idea. It allows the merchandise to be purchased by people ( mum's, dad's, nan's etc etc ) who might never visit the football ground but shop in broadmead.

It allows the clubs to still benefit from the sales rather than other sports shops taking a cut. which is one of the reasons we didn't let our items be sold by anyone else, so I was told.

Well done to all involved. I hope it is a success for everyone. I wonder why it has taken this long for it to be thought of though?

I think it is an excellent idea. It allows the merchandise to be purchased by people ( mum's, dad's, nan's etc etc ) who might never visit the football ground but shop in broadmead.

It allows the clubs to still benefit from the sales rather than other sports shops taking a cut. which is one of the reasons we didn't let our items be sold by anyone else, so I was told.

Well done to all involved. I hope it is a success for everyone. I wonder why it has taken this long for it to be thought of though?

Does this mean shopping on a Saturday won't be so boring anymore Red? :dunno:

Guest MaloneFM

The plans for the shop are as follows.

It will be in Severnside and will have a capacity of 35,000. Every second week it will be populated by anorak wearing Star Trek bachelors and members of the Tricia audience. Most of them whining about why they havn't won the Texaco cup recently and why Chasers isn't open any more.

Occasionaly a figure not a million miles away from Boycie form 'Only fools..' will walk in wearing dark glasses and a trench coat with a small child sporting a Blackadder bob haircut. The figure in the glasses will mutter "I said it was a bad idea Geoff, get back on float and stick to what you think you know". He will then cuff the small lad and leave.

Eventually the racks with the blue and white toilet paper shirts will be next to the rugby shirts. Then on the same rack. Then they will take over they rack and nudge all the rugby shirts to the floor. The assistant will pick the rugby shirts up and try to make room for them next to the recently promoted red shirts.

The blue shirts will then say sorry and let the rugby shirts share with them. But the blue shirts will still bang on about the new rack they are getting and how many people will visit it.

Eventually the blue shirts will be replaced by more popular merchandise such as the lime green horror worn by the major team in the shop when they played Brentford once and all the commemorative shirts for various finals they play in.

And green ones with Yeovil written on them.

Archived