IGNORED

The Heff

nofx

we need to keep heffernan he will get his chance..

Notts County caretaker player-manager Ian Richardson has expressed an interest in bringing striker Paul Heffernan back to Meadow Lane.

The Magpies boss has been searching for fresh faces to boost his League Two squad and his search has prompted him to consider a loan move for the 22-year-old hit-man.

Heffernan (pictured) has made just nine appearances for The Robins since his move to Ashton Gate in the summer and Richardson is hoping a loan deal can be done with their West Country counterparts, but he is not holding his breath.

"I am hoping to speak to the manager at Bristol City, Brian Tinnion, on the Paul Heffernan front," Richardson told the club's official website.

"I would like to see if there is a chance that we could bring Paul back on loan from Bristol City to boost our forward line.

"Brian Tinnion has some good forwards there, but I won't be hoping for much because a club looked at signing Lee Miller from Bristol last week and they rejected that bid.

"Paul is a great player who did a lot for this club, and if there is a chance we could get him back, I would try my hardest to make something happen."

Richardson's search for new faces took him to see Bolton Wanderers' reserves play their Manchester City counterparts on Monday and the Meadow Lane boss expressed his interest in several of Sam Allardyce's players.

"There was a centre forward who I liked up at Bolton. His name is Ricardo Vaz Te, and he scored twice in the match," Richardson added.

"Blessing Kaku was another one who looked to be a promising player. There was a good defender at Bolton too who Mike Whitlow has told me about.

"It would be nice if I could get a player in, and of course it would be a case of if Sam Allardyce is prepared to loan them out and what sort of money they are on."

heffernan.jpg

http://footballmsn.skysports.com/list.asp?...nt+striker+back

Hmmmm......thanks but not thanks!

Heffernan was brought in to be one of our "first choice" strikers and although started a few has been unlucky with injury and the form of a certain other forward. In our position we would be absolutely mad to even consider it especially with all the games coming up now and over christmas. Heffs is no doubt the next in line should Lita/Brooker get injured/suspended/lose form so to consider loaning him out now would be folly :dunno:

Guest monster red
don't send heff out on loan that would be poo, i reckon he is going to be playing thursday night, and his chance will come! :ph34r:

How will he play Thursday :D he's just recovered from a injury and has hardly featured all season but you think he'll be thrown straight back in at Brentford! :dunno:

As for the loan deal it might be 0kay for one month only. He can regain full fitness much easier playing first team football rather than reserves at City.

Let's be honest unless Lita is injured or suspended the best he can hope for down the Gate is the odd 10 mins here and there! worth thinking about for me!

And why you have the Bradley Orrsome thingy on all you post? don't get me wrong I understand what you've done with his name but it a little naff isnt it? :ph34r:

Let's be honest unless Lita is injured or suspended the best he can hope for down the Gate is the odd 10 mins here and there! worth thinking about for me!

Exactly the point really. What if Lita gets injured? Could happen thursday saturday or at any other point.

Heff is the automatic replacement, and its worth noting the only one with any great league appearances and goalscoring record behind him. As such we cannot afford to let him out on loan at all.

Remember we cannot recall during the first month (i think??) so if he goes and leroy gets crocked the following day we are up the preverbial with no means on propelling ourselves back again.

Guest monster red
Remember we cannot recall during the first month (i think??)

We need to clarify on this as it makes a massive difference if we let him go or not!! If we can recall at anytime there isnt a problem.

Archived