IGNORED

Am I Missing Something?

openEnd

To be honest with you I could not give a toss about the FA Cup this season.

If I'm brutally honest, the only thing Lita did wrong v Brentford, was to be on the spot, for the equaliser in the first tie.

We really needed a 2 hour replay + penalties, didn't we?

Money you say, if we win? we didn't and it's just small change compared to what we could expect from getting out of this cess pit. Plus not forgetting the added risks of injury.

Tonights miss will pay off in the end, I'm convinced of it.

If I'm brutally honest, the only thing Lita did wrong v Brentford, was to be on the spot, for the equaliser in the first leg.

Money you say, if we win? we didn't and it's just small change compared to what we could expect from getting out of this cess pit. Plus not forgetting the added risks of injury.

Agree agree agree.

:Party12:

If I'm brutally honest, the only thing Lita did wrong v Brentford, was to be on the spot, for the equaliser in the first leg.

Without wishing to sound arrogant, maybe you should ask those that travelled to watch the game tonight if they 'gave a toss'?

If I'm brutally honest, the only thing Lita did wrong v Brentford, was to be on the spot, for the equaliser in the first tie.

Spot on mate. (no pun intended)

Best not to take part in any cup competitions in future then? :whistle: I bet most City supporters, like myself, are gutted to be out of the cup. :rolleyes:

Best not to take part in any cup competitions in future then?  :whistle: I bet most City supporters, like myself, are gutted to be out of the cup.  :rolleyes:

Annoyed at the performance which was very poor compared to recent games, but not gutted at being out of the cup.

Providing all are fit on Saturday, then Brooker and Lita will come in for Miller and Heffernan, Dinning for Tins, Wilkshire for Orr and Coles for Butler (who is suspended). Half of the team that played tonight, will not even start the game on Saturday.

Best not to take part in any cup competitions in future then?  :whistle: I bet most City supporters, like myself, are gutted to be out of the cup.  :rolleyes:

No, Iwas looking forward to going to Hinckley, just like I enjoyed Heybridge & Harrowgate (and (Corinthian Casuals, Kingstonian , Fisher et al), but at the end of the day, give me THREE on Sat!

Eggs & basket are two words that may come back to haunt us. Failure to be 1 or 2 in the league again come May will show this selection and performance to be totally inept.

Personally I thought the reserves did ok (to be generous) against a well organised outfit with 1 star player. But I also feel that the managerial team dropped a complete clanger in not man marking Salako.

So we can expect the reserves again on Tuesday then??

ureds

Who will be stepping straight back into the first team on Saturday?... Dinning.

I think you'll agree that we have missed him in both of the FA cup games

that we have played with out him, right?

Well, City have missed out on a £100k windfall because Tins, like yourself,

isn't interested in the cup. That £100k could be detrimental in signing Dinning

or someone else that could benefit us in our promotion push. But, hey, it

doesn't matter as long as we're out of the cup?. :rolleyes:

Can't agree with that. The FA Cup is always important to clubs like ours and it's bloody depressing to be dumped out in the first round. Losing in the first round of the FA Cup really emphasises what a small-time club we have become. The problem is that we have all become so accustomed to this club's failure to achieve anything that it doesn't seem to hurt us anymore.

The problem is that we have all become so accustomed to this club's failure to achieve anything  that it doesn't seem to hurt us anymore.

Not really, the problem as I see it is we are currently in our SIXTH season in this quagmire of a league.

We weren't going to win it.

We weren't likely to do a Millwall.

Why spread ourselves too thinly, this season?

Promotion is all that counts. We'll stand a better chance of acheiving it without the FA Cup.

Promotion is all that counts. We'll stand a better chance of acheiving it without the FA Cup.

Don't agree. The 1989/90 promotion side (our best side in living memory) also managed a fine cup run, beating Chelsea on our way to the fifth round. That cup run gave us national publicity, revenue and kept morale high for months. Can you imagine the morale at the club today? Quite low I would imagine. And Dinning's wages (which the BBC money would have largely paid for) may be beyond us now. My view is that we'll struggle to achieve promotion without Dinning (or somebody like him) giving us that extra quality in midfield.

Don't agree. The 1989/90 promotion side (our best side in living memory) also managed a fine cup run, beating Chelsea on our way to the fifth round. That cup run gave us national publicity, revenue and kept morale high for months. Can you imagine the morale at the club today? Quite low I would imagine. And Dinning's wages (which the BBC money would have largely paid for) may be beyond us now. My view is that we'll struggle to achieve promotion without Dinning (or somebody like him) giving us that extra quality in midfield.

I understand your argument, it was a great season (except for the disasters at Cambridge, Tranmere and Trumpton :rolleyes: )

...but I really fail see how can a cup run, with it's probable replays and injuries could improve our chances of promotion this season.

I understand your argument, it was a great season (except for the disasters at Cambridge, Tranmere and Trumpton  :rolleyes: )

...but I really fail see how can a cup run, with it's probable replays and injuries could improve our chances of promotion this season.

A cup run could help to keep the "fringe" players involved, match-fit and motivated. Anyway, it's academic now because we're out of both the cups that matter. The LDV doesn't really count, unless we make it all the way to Cardiff and make a few quid out of it.

The cup itself I'm not too bothered about, as people have said we were never going to win the FA Cup, but for a club in our position there was a lot of money at stake last night and we played 2 hours of football and a penalty shoot-out to get it and came away with nothing. We will never know just how far that money could have gone.

What last nights team selection did prove to me last night though is that Tinman is 100% focused on getting promotion this season, which gives me good hope. He will do whatever it takes to get us out of this division which we all agree we want more than anything, but at what cost?

Isn't it unbelievable how this has turned out? A couple of games ago it was suggested that the 6th place was our only hope and Brentford were the main threat.

So would anyone now swap places with Brentford?

3 games in hand, yes, but they have a very tough run of games coming up, and lost to h'pool last night.

H v Sheff W

A v Col U

A v Doncaster

They also have a forthcoming replay against Southampton in the cup.

Surely all this must be good news for City, if (if) we can string a few more results together.

So how can an FA Cup run have improved our chances? Brentford's situation may prove the point I tried making all those months back.

Archived