IGNORED

Last Night's Loss.....

Ian M

• Admin

On December 4th Doncaster Rovers have a 520mile round trip to Exeter's St James' Park to make and will spend over 10 hours on the road. They should also have a fairly tough fixture against an Exeter side who are in fairly decent form in the Conference having scored 5 goals last weekend and will be keen to put on a decent showing in the hope of causing an upset.

3 days later we play them at Belle Vue where they are unbeaten so far this season having ourselves had a weekend off. Will any side in this division have a better chance of beating them than us now considering how tiring their Saturday is going to be? :rolleyes:

Always look for silver linings :whistle:

I think there is to much hype surrounding the issue of travel and being expected to play twice in 48 hours.When confidence is high it is my belief players are eager for the games to keep coming in quick succesion,two games and two wins in succesive days at Xmas time or New Year certainly can give players & fans much to cheer.

With the size & capability of our squad we are much more fortunate than nearly all our counterparts in this division.Also todays liberal use of substitutes allows for more managerial intervention should it be deemed necessary.

I have much more sympathy for the top-class pro's who have to handle the demands of the champions league,international duty,while also maintaining their club form in the league & cup games and at the same time satisfy their sponsorship duties all under the incessant microscope of the media.

Archived