IGNORED

Tinnion Cost Us That Game

Rule The Waves

Last night was awful-no hiding that, but I think above & beyond everyone else Tinnion cost us that game.

When is he going to realise he is past it. His first mistake was playing himself. His passing was awful, slow and so predictable. All this long ball cross the field nonsense DOES NOT WORK!!!

Second mistake was to let Miller take the first penalty. That kid is under enough pressure as it is, and he had a dour game. Imagine how he must be feeling. If Tinnion fancies himself so much he should have stepped up to the plate himself and taken the first one.

Third mistake letting Lita take a penalty. How many times is he going to have to miss before Tinnion realises he can't take penalties.

Fourth mistake letting Lita take the last penalty, probably the most crucial one of the lot. Was there honestly a City fan watching, or at the game, who thought he would score?

Final mistake saying that we played well after the game-we were shocking. Brentford wanted it more than us.

All I can say is that Mr Lansdown will not be a happy man this morning.

Oh, and finally I would like to say that Lita has gone down in my estimation even more by diving around and getting that Brentford player yellow carded. I know it goes on at other clubs, but I wouldn't have batted an eyelid if he had been sent off for being a cheating scumbag.

Last night was awful-no hiding that, but I think above & beyond everyone else Tinnion cost us that game.

When is he going to realise he is past it. His first mistake was playing himself. His passing was awful, slow and so predictable. All this long ball cross the field nonsense DOES NOT WORK!!!

Second mistake was to let Miller take the first penalty. That kid is under enough pressure as it is, and he had a dour game. Imagine how he must be feeling. If Tinnion fancies himself so much he should have stepped up to the plate himself and taken the first one.

Third mistake letting Lita take a penalty. How many times is he going to have to miss before Tinnion realises he can't take penalties.

Fourth mistake letting Lita take the last penalty, probably the most crucial one of the lot. Was there honestly a City fan watching, or at the game, who thought he would score?

Final mistake saying that we played well after the game-we were shocking. Brentford wanted it more than us.

Oh, and finally I would like to say that Lita has gone down in my estimation even more by diving around and getting that Brentford player yellow carded. I know it goes on at other clubs, but I wouldn't have batted an eyelid if he had been sent off for being a cheating scumbag.

You cant get on at Lita for the Brentford player being booked, It was a stupid challenge. If you lift your leg as a player is trying to turn you and you make contact then what do you think the player is going to do ?! The referre should have spotted that there was minimal contact.

Tinnions substitutions were strange, I was surprised he played the whole game himeself and he looked dead on his feet in the second half of extra time.

Lee M didnt do himself any favors with his penalty but I'm not going to knock any player who has the guts to take one, He looked confident walking up to take it and remember he took a great penalty against Everton, Why Tinnion so wrong to think that Lee would do it again ?? With regards to his performance in the game I will say only this, Strikers are only as good as the service they receive. If you think he received good service and as such you can judge his performance as "dour" then you must have been watching a different game. The kid never had a clean pass all night.

For me the main problems were in midfield, Once Scott went off we had no outlet ball and no natural width. Left side was non existent as neither Scott Brown or Clayton really wanted to get on.

Scott Murray was poor on the night, To blame for the goal when caught not following there full back.

All in all a performance that shows we don't have the strength in depth we thought we did.

These posts get better!!! What are you on about?

Penalties are a lottery anyway! Fair play to the lads that stepped forward to take them!! soemone has to be the vilan or we would still be sat infront of the telly now?!?!

Are you a gashead by the way? And to describe God boy Lita as a cheating scum bag should get you banned from attending all City matches for life?! :rolleyes:

I bet your the sort that moans if City win on a saturday afternoon! Due to something not "being quite right"!!!!

Miller scored a great penalty against Everton despite being on the field only a minute or so, and there is far more pressure on taking penalties 4 and 5.

Lita is the top scorer in the country, in a weakened side without regular penalty takers such as Bell or Wilkshire who do you honestly think should have taken the other ones then? Coles (who has missed 2 out of 2 in shoot outs) Butler? Smith?

Our only banker penalty takers on the pitch Tinnion and Heffernan both scored with ease, fair play to Scott Brown for having the bottle to take one (I bet not many would have suggested he took one) but there was no-one else, was there?

Miller scored a great penalty against Everton despite being on the field only a minute or so, and there is far more pressure on taking penalties 4 and 5.

Lita is the top scorer in the country, in a weakened side without regular penalty takers such as Bell or Wilkshire who do you honestly think should have taken the other ones then? Coles (who has missed 2 out of 2 in shoot outs) Butler? Smith?

Our only banker penalty takers on the pitch Tinnion and Heffernan both scored with ease, fair play to Scott Brown for having the bottle to take one (I bet not many would have suggested he took one) but there was no-one else, was there?

I would have chosen Miller, Tinnion, Brown, Orr and Smith. Miller took a great penalty against Everton so his selection was justified. Does anyone remember when Gordon Owen missed one against Swindon which cost us a place in the play-offs? He then, jokingly, said he would take one in the final against Mansfield if it went to penaltys. Of course, it did go to penaltys and of course Owen took one and of course Owen missed. Lita won't take another penalty now. Am I the only one who thinks he struggles in a one-on-one situation? Before you all shout, I am not knocking him, it's just an observation

Am I the only one who thinks he struggles in a one-on-one situation? Before you all shout, I am not knocking him, it's just an observation

Think it is more a presure situation than a one on one where he struggles. So much of his play is spontaneous and instinctive, maybe he jst struggles when he has to think about the situation he is in.

I too am annoyed at the loss. I really think that £91k+ would have come is very handy. BUT I think the criticisms are very harsh.

Miller- look at it another way. If he scores then it could boost his confidence.

Lita- I agree on but you look for 5 players who want to take penalties and I'm sure Leroy was confident and wanted it.

Guest bristolbred
When is he going to realise he is past it.

I think that Tin's should have a look at articles he quotes for in the evil Post, and then takes a good, long, hard look at himself!!;

http://www.thisisbristol.com/displayNode.j...tentPK=11349230

After all, as he says', he wants 100% from the players, for every game, for the rest of the season!!, :rolleyes:

To re-enter the fray, I'm not saying Miller shouldn't have taken a penalty, just that he shouldn't have taken the first. I'm sure that if you ask him he'll admit he had a poor game. At the moment he is under a lot of pressure to start performing, and the fact he was taking the first penalty will have only added to that pressure, and clearly it was too much for him because the penalty he took was awful.

Secondly, if you look at the incident when Lita duped the ref into giving that bloke the yellow card, the bloke didn't even touch him. I have got no time for divers at any club, never mind my club, and its not the first time he's done it either.

Finally, I really think it is time for Tins to call it a day. He has been a great servant but his play at the moment is slowing the rest of the team down. I lost count of how many times last night he played the same old long ball for it to be cut out.

Can I go against the grain here and say I thought that we did brilliantly well to take a strong Brentford side to penalties in the first place, Miller and Lita missed theirs, so what?????

Any player could have missed one, that was Brentfords first team against the majority of our reserves, 1-1 after 120 minutes no matter how badly we played was a great result.

I am sure no one went out to lose. It was, in my reading, how much were we prepared to risk in playing for a win? The answer seemed to be not very much.

Strength in depth is not about whether you can stick out a second team and win. Its about if you pick up some injuries, suspensions, do you have cover that you can bring in to an otherwise functional team. I thought last night showed us that broadly we do. Heffernan for me looked very sharp, on the service he had.

We may have got caught between not being sure in the end. I for one, when we has set out our stall in the way we had, would not have had Lita on the bench, and would not have bought him on. Either play him or rest him. The reaction of the Brentford players and crowd at the end showed how much they were up for it, compared to us. Our priority is the league, end of.

It reminded me of the way we played football just about the whole of last year. Thank heavens by and large we are watching a differt type of football this year!

Guest alex1089

what a stupid winger that is the worst post i have seen in ages how can you call leroy a cheat and a scunbag for doing something that every single team in this division does, brentford where cheating not even going for the ball and winning freekicks on the edge of the box and wasting time on the throws like with the "magic" towel.

Also he had to play himself dinning wasent allowed to play wilkshire had to rest and goodfellow was joining swansea on loan so orr had to go on the left.

I think you'll find your wrong!

At the end of the day if we win tomorrow no-one will give a monkeys about last nights result and Tins will be proclaimed a tactical genius. I think it was always going to be a big ask to beat Brentford, Sheff Wed & Swindon in six days and something had to give. As it was we went down to a well-organised hard working side who were always going to give 100%. Having gone to Griffin Park last season I am not sure the ground plays to our strengths so to tough it out for a draw was a good result.

It should also be noted that our first choice midfield pairing is now Diherty & Dinning so to a certain extent Tins has already started to phase himself out. The only reason he played for 120 mins last night is to ease the pressure on players like Doherty & Wilkshire so they can do a job against Sheff Wed.

Given the carping on here maybe we should also have a look at Phillips who was clearly at fault for their goal. If he had only positioned himself a little further to the left anticipating the 20 yard shot into the corner we might have won it in normal time.

Given the carping on here maybe we should also have a look at Phillips who was clearly at fault for their goal. If he had only positioned himself a little further to the left anticipating the 20 yard shot into the corner we might have won it in normal time.

Phillips was the only reason we managed to get to penalties in the first place. He pulled off a couple of great saves. The one near the end of the match was world class.

Archived