IGNORED

If I Was A Director

billybob

I would be extremely upset that a) the manager decided that the league came first, when realistically a play off place is the best that can be hoped for b) rested players for a game that could have gained the club £100000 minimum and c) was unable to motivate a team to play in one of the 'top' games of the season.

Big big mistakes Gaffer......

I would be extremely upset that a) the manager decided that the league came first, when realistically a play off place is the best that can be hoped for b) rested players for a game that could have gained the club £100000 minimum and c) was unable to motivate a team to play in one of the 'top' games of the season.

Big big mistakes Gaffer......

But you are not.

Promotion is the main aim.

Guest MaloneFM

Supposing we had tubbed Brentford..and then the same for Wednesday today..any comment?

Thought not.

Its what the pundits call a big ask. We got some telly money and a hiding.

Tough tits.

By the way did anyone hear Atkins on the way home and does he now get the Gerry Francis award for the biggest load of confusing ballards ever spoken about football?

Good to see the usual constructive criticism. Brian made a bad, bad call.

Can't you see that?

No I cant. And I am glad you are not a director. My constructive answer is that should Tinnion achieve the ultimate aim (promotion) then games against Wolves, West Ham, Leicester, Sheffield United, Derby, Forest, Leeds, Coventry and the like will more than offset £100 poxy grand lost in the cup run. I have just purchased a half season ticket for the remainder of the season and I can promise you I will not be buying the "Full" version if we are still playing against the likes of Colchester, Chesterfield, Bournemouth, Wrexham and their like next season.

Guest bristolbred
Tinnion has cost us atleast £100000 and 3 points today (both on and off the pitch as it happens).

Agree with you there!!!, :dunno:

£100,000 would of brought a player or two at this level!!, :wacko:

What is going to happen at Christmas when we have to play two games in three days again. Do we field a reserve team at Stockport because our finely tuned athletes can't play another 90 minutes 48 hours later?

Its worse than that, Christmas new year has 4 games in 8 days.All league games.

I know hindsight is a wonderful thing but there is a saying in footy that you may know.... "take each game as it comes"..

The only reason to rest half the 1st team on Thurs was because we knew that Brentford had too much for us. Which is shocking but probably true.

Head out of the clouds fellow city fans, we need a miracle to get out of this division this season, failing that a left winger....

ureds

We spoke about this on the way out yesterday, and fail to see why the "super fit" players of today, cannot play every game?

Not so long back, at Easter, they used to play Good Friday, Easter Saturday, the the Monday too, with half the squad.

I'm afraid it's a sign of the over pampered player of today, and all the bullshine that surrounds it all.

Half the skill, double the hype, and tenfold the wages!

Bless 'em!

We spoke about this on the way out yesterday, and fail to see why the "super fit" players of today, cannot play every game?

Not so long back, at Easter, they used to play Good Friday, Easter Saturday, the the Monday too, with half the squad.

I'm afraid it's a sign of the over pampered player of today, and all the bullshine that surrounds it all.

Bless 'em!

Now that is it in a nutshell. Couldn't have put it any better.

Didn't see either game but the reaction to a draw and a defeat seems out of proportion. Clearly yesterday's result was much more effected by Danny Coles sending off than by the Brentford game so don't see that as an issue, while once it got to penalties then it is a lottery. Tins is doing a good job and I am confident the team will rebound. The players will know that they have not performed and I expect another good run starting Tuesday..

Cheer up and look forward to Division One (can't brinmg myself to call it ther Champio....)

Bless 'em!

When games were played over the Christmas and Easter period in the dark ages ALL the teams played the same amount of games, Sheffield Wednesday did not have a game on Thursday as far as l can recall, so l think it would be expecting too much for the same team to play Thursday and then again on Saturday against fresh opposition, In HINDSIGHT it may not have been much worse, but you can only do what you feel to be right at the time.

Archived