IGNORED

The 'abandonment' Of The Game

Super Scotty Murray

I would just like to know if the referee is going to make an official statement as to why he 'abandoned' the game without playing any stoppage time at all even though...

There was about 4 minutes spent stretchering off the concussed fan

6 substitutions were made, 30 secs per sub = 3 more minutes

At least 1 minutes spent sorting out the Danny Coles red card

Now i know there was a near nil chance the game could be greatly affected by the seven minutes of stoppage time that were lost but that isnt the point, at what point did the ref have any reason to stop the game??!!

If he was worried about unruly fans he must have had absolutely no trust in the bristol city security as to me there looked like there was no way any of the fans who were upset by the concussion incident were going to get on the pitch

I just want an explanation thats all as also, I believe the ref was generally incompetent for the whole game

And an extra note, i don't know if i have ever seen such an unsportsmanlike team as sheffield wednesday. They were time wasting from the first minute and they typified themselves with the whole concussion incident at the end of the game

the ref can end the game when he likes, if he doesnt want to play stoppage time he doesnt have to. he choose to end the game thats final he is the man incharge in the end what he says goes.

it wouldnt of made any diffrence he he played extra time anyway

Which applies to every decision every ref will make this season then. Which means that you cannot argue against any of them without making yourself look a hypocrite.

well fine then lets just never say anything about referees, not that they have any bearing on games or anything or affect our season in any way by decisions that they make......

I happen to be on your side SSM. As I said on another thread, nobody knows what could have happened in those missing seven minutes, goals (for either side) sendings off, injuries, anything which could affect ours or Wednesdays season for better or worse. Come next May, if we miss promotion by one goal, we will just never know if todays farce would have made a difference. Not only that, but the paying public deserve to see 90 minutes of football, not 83 (even less if you account for the timewasting). We deserve an explanation. And if Tinnion was OK with this, then he was wrong.

I happen to be on your side SSM. As I said on another thread, nobody knows what could have happened in those missing seven minutes, goals (for either side) sendings off, injuries, anything which could affect ours or Wednesdays season for better or worse. Come next May, if we miss promotion by one goal, we will just never know if todays farce would have made a difference. Not only that, but the paying public deserve to see 90 minutes of football, not 83 (even less if you account for the timewasting). We deserve an explanation. And if Tinnion was OK with this, then he was wrong.

and if City were winning 4-1 would you still be moaning about it. I don't think so

i wasnt aiming that last comment at u kingpin! i posted it after the previous comment.

i totally agree that if something came down to goal difference at the end of the season for either side this sort of thing makes a difference.

Look at it from sheff weds point of view- they could have scored more goals against a dejected side with 10 men, and they have travelled on a 400 mile round trip to see 83 mins of football

Also, if the game had been 1-1 or 1-2, would the ref had stopped it then? i think no, and if he did, there would have been uproar, so why is it different just because we were pretty (I said a naughty word) off anyway about being 4-1 down?

Which applies to every decision every ref will make this season then. Which means that you cannot argue against any of them without making yourself look a hypocrite.

I think that kingpin means that you cannot argue withany decision the ref makes from now on, i don't think that he is supporting you

Also when the announcement is made over the PA it says that a mininum of xmins added on time will be played, the way i interpritted this is that the ref must play the xmins, its not up to him

well they say a minimum of 'x' minutes don't they. They don't say, well we think its about 'x' minutes but the ref can stop it when he wants

I am really that bothered by it happening from a city perspective, as i said before, i just want to know what the situation was that warranted him abandoning the game, which is what he did

Guest DrFaustus
well they say a minimum of 'x' minutes don't they. They don't say, well we think its about 'x' minutes but the ref can stop it when he wants

I am really that bothered by it happening from a city perspective, as i said before, i just want to know what the situation was that warranted him abandoning the game, which is what he did

7 more minutes and you could have conceeded another.

Get used to lower league refs kidder...you should try Div 4, it's shocking. (Keep this losing streak up and you may do. :wacko: )

Nurse!

Guest bristolbred

####### ****!!!, the Dr and i agree on something!!!, :speechless3: :speechless20: :speechless3:

I was waiting for their 5th goal, and the Ref put us out of our misery, by blowing up early!!!, :wacko:

Guest east_dundry_red

Get used to lower league refs kidder...you should try Div 4, it's shocking. (Keep this losing streak up and you may do.  :wacko: )

Nurse!

Losing streak? Weve lost ONE game. Cant even remember the last team, to accually beat us(no not on penaltys) was it vale? Sit down gashead and worry how your team are going to save themselves from relegation.

Guest DrFaustus
Losing streak? Weve lost ONE game. Cant even remember the last team, to accually beat us(no not on penaltys) was it vale? Sit down gashead and worry how your team are going to save themselves from relegation.

It was a joke. Would you like me to spell that for you? I R O N Y.

Education, education, education. Sorry Tone - it didn't work.

Get used to lower league refs kidder...you should try Div 4, it's shocking. (Keep this losing streak up and you may do.  :wacko: )

Nurse!

Now the Dr F, now then, fancy saying things like that.......true as they may be :dunno: City werent ever going to score a goal in 12 hours of football ;) , on todays performance. :city:

I use ABU 5 kilo meself, what d'you use? :dunno:

I think that kingpin means that you cannot argue withany decision the ref makes from now on, i don't think that he is supporting you

i am well aware of what he ment

Archived