IGNORED

Kevin Amankwaah

XBOXMAN69

no offence to kev as he has had a lot of injury problems but he has been rubbish when he has played this season. He is positionally unaware of what is going on around him and his passing is crap! His best asset is his pace and i don't think he utilises it enough, it is a shame because when he first came onto the scene he looked really good but injurys seem to have screwed up his chances with us

Guest bristolbred
I'm not sure what to make of Kevin Amankwaah. I saw him a few times before he had his injuries and he looked promising. But now he seems to have lost it .

Tinns see's him as the future, once he matures!!, :wacko:

no offence to kev as he has had a lot of injury problems but he has been rubbish when he has played this season. He is positionally unaware of what is going on around him and his passing is crap! His best asset is his pace and i don't think he utilises it enough, it is a shame because when he first came onto the scene he looked really good but injurys seem to have screwed up his chances with us

Give the guy a chance! I agree, he was great when he started playing for us a few years back, and has just come back from injury. He will need a while to get used to playing at the pace of first team footie. You can hardly expect him to perform anywhere near the standard of a few years back yet, give the boy a chance and he will be a good squad player. You have always been very judgemental super scotty........ :wacko:

Guest TinmansCulturedLeftPeg

Amankwaah was so red-hot in pre-season 2001/02 that he kept Murray out of the side at the start of that campaign! Once he gets those long legs motoring down the right-wing again from right-back it'll be explosive,he can make up a lot of ground down that right flank and he's so awkward....he's also good at getting his head onto crosses at the far post or beyond even when playing right-back....can't wait til he gets back into the swing of things....

I'm not sure what to make of Kevin Amankwaah. I saw him a few times before he had his injuries and he looked promising. But now he seems to have lost it . He was terrible today. What does anyone else think?

I agree - Amankwaah was very poor today and has been on every occasion that I've seen him, apart from the last game of the 2002-2003 season against Port Vale.

He has no pace, appears to have no vision and, whilst it must be difficult to come on as a late sub, he looks completely out of his depth (a bit like Fortune, I'd suggest).

One other thing that gets me about yesterday's performance was that Tinnion was blaming Matty Hill for being turned twice for their 3rd goal. Why was Hill put in that position? I'll tell you why - it was a weak, misdirected attempted clearance by Amankwaah. There were a couple of times when the ball cmae off Amankwaah's foot and found one of our players, but when it really mattered, he didn't make one good pass.

Guest LeicesterRed
I'm not sure what to make of Kevin Amankwaah. I saw him a few times before he had his injuries and he looked promising. But now he seems to have lost it . He was terrible today. What does anyone else think?

Totally agree. He was absolutely awful. Time to get rid IMO.

A total waste of time.

I agree - Amankwaah was very poor today and has been on every occasion that I've seen him, apart from the last game of the 2002-2003 season against Port Vale.

He has no pace, appears to have no vision and, whilst it must be difficult to come on as a late sub, he looks completely out of his depth (a bit like Fortune, I'd suggest).

One other thing that gets me about yesterday's performance was that Tinnion was blaming Matty Hill for being turned twice for their 3rd goal. Why was Hill put in that position? I'll tell you why - it was a weak, misdirected attempted clearance by Amankwaah. There were a couple of times when the ball cmae off Amankwaah's foot and found one of our players, but when it really mattered, he didn't make one good pass.

Absolutely, to blame Hill for Amankwaah's error was totally wrong. Hill also bailed Tinns out before the end when another of his passes went astray.

Not basing my judgement on yesterday but over the last two seasons Amankwaah is not going to make and and will be gone in the summer I expect.

Kevin may of had a bad game yesterday but I would have him at right back any day of the week instead of Jamie Smith. 

The "old" Amankwaah would have been ahead of Smith but the current version of Amankwaah just isn't up to it. Come on Kevin, we all want you to succeed but you've GOT to start showing some desire and commitment.

Yesterday we were truly BOL**CKS we were down to ten men and hadnt won a 50-50 all afternoon (a 60-40 or even a 70-30)the midfield never got close enough to the forwards to feed on anything that went loose and we hit hopeful balls from distance into Brooker who never won a thing (due to the inaccuracy of the hoof ball we played at times) we at no time stretched them with any pace and continually gave the ball away and made poor decisions throughout the side.....

that is my oppinion I will defy anybody to tell me I'm wrong.....I also think we have blamed Joe Burnell and Christian Roberts for the short commings of the team when we don't play well because some people love a vendetta/scapegoat....don't start on Amankwah... he did ok in the context of a crap performance if you're going to slate anybody how about Brian for gifting them the game....or maybe some people are above persecution... leave Kev alone he's a decent player who, I predict, will be our first choice right back before the seasons out..

Well said REDOXO.

You all have to remember that some of the squad will be totally lacking in match practice due to the strange lack of reserve team games in November. Hopefully Kev will get a longer run-out on Tuesday and show what he can do.

I wonder if Smith would have been signed if Kev had been fit at the start of the season?

Guest Incide Right
leave Kev alone he's a decent player who, I predict, will be our first choice right back before the seasons out..

what do you base your prediction on? I don't mean to slag him off, but his passing was truly woeful yesterday and on the evidence of his 1st team outings this year he wouldnt even make the bench if I was picking. presumably he must be showing something in training, or playing well in the reserves, to make the 3 starts and the handful of subs appearances that he has this season?

Archived