IGNORED

A Blip? Yes,

Port Said Red

If you are going to lose a 14 match unbeaten run you may as well do it in style.

I honestly think it was "one of those days" a combination of tiredness for some, poor play by others, Wednesday putting in their performance of the season and a terrible referee all conspired against us.

There are a couple of things that worried me though.

I know that Matt Hill was partly to blame for two of the goals, which as a big fan of his is hard for me to say. But I think his form up to today has been one of the reasons for the run, so I am more worried about the way that Colesy played. I think he should think long and hard about where his best position is because when Butler is in the middle he doesn't moan at Phillips every two minutes, he just gets on with trying to win the ball! If Danny wants to play at centre half he needs to start taking some responsibility.

I think Tinns made a poor decision not bringing on Fortune immediately Coles was sent off, however it did us one favour;....... Any of us (and I count myself here) that thought that Dinning could play at centre half, were shown in 15 minutes exactly why he was viewed as a midfield player and should stay as one if he signs. MacLean and Proudlock took him apart during that time.

Anyway, the second stringers out on Tuesday no doubt, and a nice long rest and recovery for the first should see us get back on track.

Archived