IGNORED

Something Missed From Saturday

One Team

What with the p i s s poor performance, the sending off, the defensive lapses, the ball into the crowd and the lack of injury time, I wonder if anyone else noted, as I did just how terrible Tommy Doherty's performance was?

I've been increasingly concerned over his downward spiral over the last few games and Saturday typified his performances. His challenges were late, his passing poor and rarely able to find a red shirt and general effort dreadful.

Did anyone else notice this or is there still a general view that Tommy can't be criticised at the Gate?

As the saying goes, I hope that class really is permanent and form is temporary.

One Team

To quote myself (i'm not pretentious really)

'The Doc i though had yet another stinker - is it just me or does he save his worst performances for the big games?'

He was poor saturday, couldn't pass water let alone a football and to quote Tony Blackburn......

'Couldnt tackle a rice pudding'

You will see from my signature and username that I'm likely to be some what biased on this topic but I just wanted to say...

Yeah poor performance from the Doc on Saturday, like most of his team mates. However I don't agree with the view that his performances have been a on "a downward spiral"...unless you mean ever since Wrexham away when he was superb?!

Guest Green Pippin Red

:whistle:

You will see from my signature and username that I'm likely to be some what biased on this topic but I just wanted to say...

Yeah poor performance from the Doc on Saturday, like most of his team mates. However I don't agree with the view that his performances have been a on "a downward spiral"...unless you mean ever since Wrexham away when he was superb?!

Guest Green Pippin Red

Guest Green Pippin Red
:whistle: Same as you very biased ! know Tommy very well or did a number of years ago,come on you fans get behind someone who is red through and through and believe me he will be the first to admit and put right his form ! nice to meet you Tommys girl and wish him all the best from me!

Tommy has been very poor over the last few home games he has played. His particular problem is his inabilty to pass the ball to a City player; on Saturday about 60% of his clearences went to Wednesday players.

The greatest tackle in the world is useless if you give the ball back.

What I cannot understand is why Tommy cannot be given skills training for hour after hour and day after day until he learns how to pass; surely that is how the great players work at their game. Perhaps Tommy has more important things to do.

I would play Orr in his place until he finds his touch.

Can I just say I'm so Glad Tins Picks the team and has a footballing Brain....

Some People on This Forum really haven’t got a clue about football.

Tommy Doc is one of the best players in this League and certainly one of the best players In our team.

He is the Captain of this Club and gives his all. He may have a bad game now and then but I wouldn’t swap him for any other player in this League.

If you speak to any of the players and ask them who is the most influential player In the team Nearly all of them will say Docs.

Thank god people with Brains and Intelligence pick the team.

Racred talks aload of cobblers. Tommy D contributes very little to City at the moment except the guarantee of a yellow card and the probability of a red for abusing referees every time a decision goes against him. He should be shipped out until he learns to do his talking with the ball.

Guest bristolbred
..........unless you mean ever since Wrexham away when he was superb?!

He was good at Wrexham, and tried in vain to stop our two yellow cards!!, ;) , BUT like all players at City, he play's the odd stinker, as do other players at City!!, :whistle:

Archived