IGNORED

Bristol City 1-4 Sheffield Wednesday

Rich-TWSC-

Good mornin' sports fans!

Haven't been on the forum since the match on Saturday would very much like to voice my opinion on the things that happened on Saturday... My apologies if all has been covered.

1st Half:

Not much happened either way, Bristol City didn't do that well... But they certainly didn't do bad enough to lose the game... Fact was Wednesday weren't that great either. The first goal you conceded was quite surreal because it seemed to take ages for Wednesday fans to celebrate and I do think Phillips should have probably saved it. Most Wednesday fans will be the first to point out that Proudlock isn't a great player but today he looked pretty decent.

For me the first half was all about a small argument between two men in the Atyeo (where I was sitting) ... One spent the entire half slating City and I think the big guy got annoyed with that and had a right-old go at him... The other bloke didn't mutter a single word for the rest of the game! Though I will say the language used by the annoyed bloke in front of his young kid was disgusting... Shame on you sir! But this is what we expect in the stands I guess.

Bitterly disappointed with Tony Dinning, I was very interested to see what all the fuss was about and he had a very poor game. I will say the City midfield were not helped by Wednesday's tactics which involved their defenders hoofing it for their strikers.... A tactic I'm used to supporting Swindon.

2nd Half:

I really enjoyed the 2nd half... Full of controversial decisions, goals etc... By the way the Ref had a nightmare in his judgement towards both teams.

Didn't agree with the sending off at the time. Would have to see it again really, the ref had made up his mind pretty quickly.

City made some changes. Tinnion must have felt he was a genius as seconds later City score a simular goal to Wednesday's. Good finish though by Murray and the atmosphere was fantastic. It didn't last long as Wednesday scored, a shame as City looked like the better team even with 10 men in that brief spell. I don't need to go into the goals all I will say is every one of them weren't a suprise as it was obvious they were going to score as the City defence fell apart.

10 Minutes to go and I've never seen so many leave, 4-1 down is understandable to an extent but I personally have never left a game before the final whistle. Then THAT accident happened, I was watching it... I was right in line with it and I honestly think the Wednesday guy didn't do it intentionally as he was playing a game of football... BUT there was absolutely NO need to whack it like he did... It was a clumsy error. I'm sure he'll get a law-suit. I'd be happy with an apology if I was him, I hope it won't get into the courts.

I enjoyed the game, especially the 2nd half... I thought you improved from your FA Cup exit... But these freak blips happen don't they.

Regards

Rich

Guest Red_Ram

Good to read a neutral view of Saturday's game. I have to say I agree with everything you say regarding the game. City weren't 'that' bad, I really do believe it was just 'one of those days'.

With regards to Dinning, yes he did have a poor game, very poor in comparison to his previous performances. But the guy is class at this level, we need to sign him.

I own up . yes it was me in the Atyeo who told the bloke what I thought of him , my language was unacceptable and I apologise for this , I lost it for a moment with listening to him for 30 mins or so

The bloke sat in behind me was moaning about how bad City were right from the kick off and went through virtually every player with comments such as "just go home I don't know how you are paid to play" , sounds like a man who has watched the City every week , not . I know that everyone is entitled to an opinion , just rather the slating did not start at 3.01 pm and continue for the rest of the game .

Moan finished ...for now

Archived