IGNORED

Nigh On A Quarter Mill

KingswoodRed

Ok.

So we will never win the F.A.Cup as things stand.

And it has been called a lot of names, none more so than the 'Mickey Mouse Cup'.

BUT.

By losing to Brentford, and going out tonight, BCFC as a club have potentially lost the best part of ONE QUARTER OF A MILLION POUNDS !!!

100,000 from BBC

Potentially 150,000 of revenue for getting to the final of the 'Mickey Mouse'.

So, potentially 250,000 smackeroonies down the pan.

A bit of an eye opener to what could have been?

Money that may have helped us out of this God forsaken 'minnows' league?

You decide.

By losing to Brentford, and going out tonight, BCFC as a club have potentially lost the best part of ONE QUARTER OF A MILLION POUNDS !!!

Not only that but, potentially even more damaging, we were at the wrong end of a 6pts and 6 goals swing to Sheff Weds in the middle of it all ... all of which traces back to the decision to play Brentford on the Friday night instead of the Sunday - our third game in seven days compared to their second in six when we had a free week ahead.

Does anyone not think we would have played better and probably beaten the Bees for the extra days recovery and preparation post-Tranmere? ... that would have avoided the nonsense of playing the replay 40 hours before kicking-off against the Owls and given us the same build-up time as they had.

The other thing proved by the last three defeats is exactly how important a fit Brooker and focussed Dinning are to our chances this season. Without them our options are lightweight and in some cases light-headed.

Hey we have not lost £250,000 we have lost £700,000 (3/4 of the reported debt of the club!) by going out of the fa cup and ldv.

Going out of the fa cup cost us £200k, and the clubs last visit to the final netted them £500k.

Someone from the club should comment on this.

I've been amazed to read posts on here from people stating that they didn't mind losing to Brentford. They display this ridiculous tunnel vision where promotion is the ONLY thing which matters. By going out of the FA Cup and LDV City have lost a lot of money. But some people don't seem to care about that. :D

Guest bristolbred
Someone from the club should comment on this.

I think that they are just as embarresed as us over the last three games!!, ;)

I'm going to Doncaster away next week, as i feel if the lads don't rekindle their winning form there, then it's going to be hard for them to keep up the pressure over the busy Christmas period!!!, :D

On recent form, can't see us putting 4 past Luton and winning!!!!, :D

Steve Lansdown has spoken about it in todays Evil P see:

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/displayNode...1516&sports=yes

however, I was confused by this quote:

Lansdown admitted he wasn't sure what the mood would be among shareholders and supporters at the annual meeting tonight.

"I suspect it will be much like last year," he reasoned.

"Then we were further down the table but still in the cups, while now we're out of all the cups but are higher up the table (sixth).

Well a simple bit of research (and memory) showed that last season we went out of the LDV in the first round to Argyle on 14 Oct and lost to Southampton in the second round of the Carling Cup on 28 Oct.

True we were still in the FA Cup (second rnd had yet to be played) but soon were disposed of by Barnsley.

Steve - what was Danny telling you last year.... :D

Archived