IGNORED

Typical Local Media

Keepers Ball

Why do they bother ?

Just saw brief highlights on the news and once again a 'key moment' is left out.

Did Lita dive or not ? Was it a penalty or not.

Tell you what ITV West of England.stick to what you are best at..Reporting to the region about Mr Cyril Whatsisname aged 74 and his collection of China Tea-pots !

Utter Shat ! :@

You and I both know its going to be a blatant penalty... But Lita has gone to ground alot this season... If a referee has done his research he would have known this and been extra vigilant (sp?) ... Lita will learn from that... OR he'll go the way of Leon Knight.

Wouldn't it be better if refs just adjudicted on what actually happens in front of them instead of pre-scripting the event? A radical thought I know.

It was 50/50 they both fluffed what they were trying to do but lita made a meal of it and Ifil just got on with it,  so what do you expect the ref to do?

Well as a Swindon fan you could not of been particularly close to the incident due to the seating location of home fans. I was right in front of it and 4 rows back. Leroy was through and was about to either continue his run, pass across the face of goal, or shoot for the narrow angle. However he was clipped on his way through. It didn't look like a deliberate foul, but was a clear foul. I think that Leroy fell too far and it ended up looking a bit fake. He should of just gone to ground.

However the ref was quite close and seems to of been influenced by a preconception, because it was a big shout to book him for it, as he had to be sure and he can't of been sure as he was wrong.

refs in this league have a preconcieved idea about certain players and this always affects their decision. (We are getting 3rd division referees remember) In particular, if tommy goes for a 50-50 ball and gets the ball, the ref will give a free kick just because he knows that tommy has a reputation, same will start happening with litas diving and maybe now refs will start looking for elbows by danny coles. All i will say though is, if lita didnt dive in the first place, refs wouldnt be looking for it, so it is quite hard to stick up for him in certain cases.

We prob wud have missed the penalty anyway!!

Bring on the league is what i say

I only listened on the radio. However, there was an incident in the first half when Lita was tackled in the box but stayed on his feet.

The commentators made a point of saying that a lot of players would have made a meal of it and gone to ground but Lita stayed upright because he is an honest player. Read in to that what you will.

Archived