IGNORED

Why Didn't

cityfan

eacrash0112.jpg

http://www.thisiswiltshire.co.uk/wiltshire...NDON_NEWS0.html

SWINDON Town striker Christian Roberts was forced to miss a derby match against his old club after walking away from a three-vehicle smash.

Mr Roberts, who was preparing to check into a hotel for a rest ahead of last night's LDV Vans Trophy clash with Bristol City at the County Ground, was involved in a collision with a bus and car.

The accident happened in Fleming Way at about 2.20pm when a Thamesdown Transport bus collided with the back of his silver Audi, forcing it across the road and into the front of a Ford Ka.

"I was just about to pull into the garage and the next thing I know a bus has gone into the back of me," said Mr Roberts, who was released by Bristol City in October.

"I felt like a pinball to be honest. As luck would have it, if that is the right thing to say, I was able to get out of my car and later walk the short distance to the ground.

"As a footballer the first thing you think about is your legs and I was happy they seemed to be ok.

"I think the car is a write off but you can replace cars can't you."

The 25-year-old watched from the sidelines during his team's 1-0 victory, blaming the accident for his absence.

"I felt ok at the time but I felt a little bit shaky as the day has gone on and my neck is a bit sore but I will be ok," he said.

Police say traffic was diverted for about an hour.

Nobody involved in the accident was seriously injured.

John Owen, managing director of Thamesdown Transport, said he wanted to reassure readers about bus safety.

He said: "We are now carrying out a thorough investigation but we are pleased no-one was seriously hurt." He thought four passengers had minor injuries.

"Our safety is as good as any bus company in the country and I would like to reassure readers and passengers that we have a comprehensive system of investigation to find the cause already underway."

Anyone with information can phone Swindon Police on 01793 528111.

Guest bristolbred

At least he didn't get to put a few past us, ;)

Hope he get's well soon, and i wish him all the very best at Swindon, :D

Internal wranglings will bring this club down one day!!, :@

CTID!!!, :D

i was gutted that roberts didnt play to be honest i think he just wimped out at the last minute because he knew that he wouldnt stand a chance against us and he didnt want to embarrass himself but now after the game i really really wish he had of played

You really think that do you? How pathetic.

He was involved in what looks like a nasty prang and suffered whiplash, which as you should know, is a very painful and debilitating injury.

He hasn't embarrassed himself at Swindon, far from it. Apparently he has shone for them and his goals scored and assists records are both good. No reason to think he would have embarrassed himself against us.

Good luck Robbo, the unvindictive fans of Bristol City wish you a speedy recovery.

Archived