IGNORED

Millen ... What A Waste Of Space

headhunter

At precisely 9.25 this evening there was at last some movement on the bench as no time before that in the second half did any of the subs warm up.

When they did emerge I noticed Fortune and Anyinsah do a few stretches and sprints but from what I recall Brown and Gileespie came on with no warm up at all - hardly professional preparation is it

Earlier this season I noticed the same thing when Millen is on the sideline so-say 'in charge'.

The guy is out of his depth. He stood there all this evening with a stance that mad even Danny Wilson look animated !

Mind you, I would expect some more passion from the man alongside him, Shaun Taylor but then I suspect he is just grateful to have a job. And there sat just a few rows in front of me were our other coaches, Tony Fawthrop and Alan Walsh. I've always had a soft spot for Walsh but for a club of our size to have 5 coaches on first team duty [incl. Tinman] I think that's a bit excessive and at least one should go. [Oh, Stowell was there as well so that makes 6!!!]

Back to the subs, just what was the point in bringing Gillespie on in the 89th minute - it saved andy King the trouble of slowing the play down at this late stage of the game.

Tinman should not feel offended if Lansdown did what Mandric has done at Portsmouth and that is to bring in an experienced Director of Football - we have the players but it is the organisation and motivation that is lacking

Guest Tactical Genius

You mean, like we had the players last season, and the season before that, not forgetting the season before that one as well.

We have a good side, but they proved time and time again that they are not quite good enough.

At precisely 9.25 this evening there was at last some movement on the bench as no time before that in the second half did any of the subs warm up.

When they did emerge I noticed Fortune and Anyinsah do a few stretches and sprints but from what I recall Brown and Gileespie came on with no warm up at all - hardly professional preparation is it

Earlier this season I noticed the same thing when Millen is on the sideline so-say 'in charge'.

The guy is out of his depth. He stood there all this evening with a stance that mad even Danny Wilson look animated !

Mind you, I would expect some more passion from the man alongside him, Shaun Taylor but then I suspect he is just grateful to have a job. And there sat just a few rows in front of me were our other coaches, Tony Fawthrop and Alan Walsh. I've always had a soft spot for Walsh but for a club of our size to have 5 coaches on first team duty [incl. Tinman] I think that's a bit excessive and at least one should go. [Oh, Stowell was there as well so that makes 6!!!]

Back to the subs, just what was the point in bringing Gillespie on in the 89th minute - it saved andy King the trouble of slowing the play down at this late stage of the game.

Tinman should not feel offended if Lansdown did what Mandric has done at Portsmouth and that is to bring in an experienced Director of Football - we have the players but it is the organisation and motivation that is lacking

Gillespie is checking himself for lepracy, not required Thurs/Sat, and one minute against Swindon. Miller/Heff stayed on for 120 minutes against Brentford when fresh legs and idea were needed. Wednesday's game was dreadful but Gilly was needed to review the bench temperature. Swindon, well we had better give Gilly and Scott Brown a 1 minute run.....have to encourage our young prospects......Lita/Brooker/Heff/Miller, 2 goals in 3 games...300 minutes.

really stupid bringing Gillespie on for 1 minute, i really don't understand our substitutions at times, it really is about time we gave Gillespie a bit more of a run out now.

* says quietly * give him the keys.....as much as I like Mr G, I think that Heffernan has impressed me in the few games I have seen him, I'd like him to be given a chance and have Jilly come off the bench now and again, but since we have no cup games I guess its back to Brooker and Lita all the way and probably 2 from the 3 strikers remaining (no disrespect Dave C), and I kind of think I already know the 2 :whistle:

I've always had the view the board should have appointed an experienced manager, purely short-term, to assist BT - Russell Osman would have been an easy choice. If December goes tits-up like the last 3 games it might still be an option. BT is bound to make management mistakes in his first year, especially when playing himself, and an experienced head might be able to avert some of them.

Not sure what Millen contributes at all? Fully agree that too many of our substitutions are made way too late, or not at all!, when things are not going right.

Scott Brown should have been given a start last night instead of BT picking himself AGAIN!

I've always had the view the board should have appointed an experienced manager, purely short-term, to assist BT - Russell Osman would have been an easy choice.

:D:D;);)

You are Joking Right? :dunno:

I thought the idea was to get out of this League

Before I read this I read some of the comments on another post, saying how Tinnion shouldn't still be picking himself. It got me thinking, Tinnion is Manager and so has the final say on the side, but doesn't he have and assistant (Millen) and other advisors? Then I read this and it really brought home how many coaches we actually have.

Do they have any input into team selection? Is anyone brave enough to actually say to Tinnion that he isn't the great playmaker he once was? He might have it mentally but physically his passing etc is causing as many problems that it is solving.

I am not slating Tinnion in an unfair way, and want him to do well, but he should be asking for advice from his coaches and they should be professional enough to give it. If they can't see how are game is suffering (free kicks wasted etc), then they are in the wrong job and have just turned into 'yes' men.

No doubt he was lining up Dinning as his replacement, that's all up in the air at the moment and we seem to have little other option.Brown who was one of the better players on Thursday had a 2 mins last night. Hows that for a confidence boost from the boss? All the cups are out of the way so no one is cup tied which has messed us up a bit selection wise.

I'm not saying Tinnion should never play again, but to play as much as he has is asking too much. I don't think he likes watching from the touchline and finds it difficult.It seems the change from player to player manager hasn't been easy for him, at the moment he is doing neither very convincingly. Something has to give. Maybe the break now will help everything become clearer.

I was listening on the radio last night and within the first twenty minutes the commentator mentioned mistakes by Tinnion at least 5 times, coupled with the howler on Saturday, I seriously do feel that it is time Tinnion took a good look at his and the teams situation and phase himself out of playing.

This is not just a knee-jerk reaction to the last few games, I have never been a fan of player/managers and have made this point in other posts previously......from day one tinnion has had a lot on his plate with his learning curve, best players/formations/tactics to pick etc and club/fans expectations. He now needs to see the bigger picture and concentrate on his managerial career for all our sakes.

I am reasonably pleased how things are going (other than the last week of course) and still believe we have a reasonable chance of a top two spot but I'm afraid I have no confidence in Millen's touchline abilities, he seems to be out of his depth and is not really sure what he should be doing or saying.

A few games ago I watched him every now and again on the touchline and I don't remember him shouting instructions or gesturing in any way to Tinnion, the players or the subs whatsoever, that is until tinnion came off and then he was shouting, pointing, gesturing continually.....we need that direction from the first minute and only Tinnion can really offee that

I was listening on the radio last night and within the first twenty minutes the commentator mentioned mistakes by Tinnion at least 5 times, coupled with the howler on Saturday, I seriously do feel that it is time Tinnion took a good look at his and the teams situation and phase himself out of playing.

He did make quite a few mistakes, and I agree Tinnion should be looking to quit playing very soon

Guest monster red
He did make quite a few mistakes, and I agree Tinnion should be looking to quit playing very soon

Tinnion is STILL the best technical player we have at the club,funny how people pick up on the negitive stuff but make no mention of the positive,his first touch against Wednesday on Saturday wasnt bad, cracking ball if I remember correctly which put Murray in to score!! I suppose it is only natural people are going to start worrying as we have lost 3 on the bounce!

Lets remember, it was only down to the dire performance from Dinning and Doherty against S.W which force Tinnions hand in the first place into bringing himself on!

I'm sure Tinnion would be happy to observe from the sideline as long as the people on the pitch are doing a better job then he could do himself!!

I've often thought that there should be a change in the rules to bar any subs in the last 15 minutes. It would give players a chance to get into the game and would stop a lot of pointless time wasting substitutions. All coaches/managers seem to do it and it drives me round the bend - what on earth is a player going to do with barely time to get in position ?

:D:D

Guest bristolbred

Bristol City, the Cinderella's of Football, ;)

Always wanting Prince Charming, (a target player!), :D

But come Midnight, (crucial matches against poorer operation!),

We turn into 11 Pumpkins on the pitch!!, ;)

And end up looking like a bunch of Ugly Sisters!!!, :D

Archived