IGNORED

Kevin Amankwaah

Riaz

Attacker?? He did'nt have a clue going forward on tuesday and wasted several good moves, he cant pass, has a poor touch.

He's okay at tackling, but one thing I'll give him, is that he has lightning pace, but you need more than that!

As for the championship - he would'nt have a chance!

Guest Tactical Genius
he is keeping Smith out of the team at present

The TG wouldn't class starting 1 game in a row as "keeping out of the team", but it takes all sorts.

Attacker?? He did'nt have a clue going forward on tuesday and wasted several good moves, he cant pass, has a poor touch.

He's okay at tackling, but one thing I'll give him, is that he has lightning pace, but you need more than that!

As for the championship - he would'nt have a chance!

I'm talking before his accident, not the handful of games this season...

Remember, those games in which murray was kept out of the team.

You seem very angry Riazzi, whats kev done exactly? ok hes made mistakes, but you don't become a bad player overnight. After a horrific injury? maybe he might need time to find his feet.

You may say he was never a good player - fine, lets agree to disagree! :dunno:

The TG wouldn't class starting 1 game in a row as "keeping out of the team", but it takes all sorts.

I think with smiths dicipline problem and the way in which he hasnt helped murray out that much going forward, i think give kev more than a few games, and he will come alright. I don't know what it is about kev, i honestly think he is the one kid we have to keep hold of. Trust me on this one!

I'm talking before his accident, not the handful of games this season...

Remember, those games in which murray was kept out of the team.

You seem very angry Riazzi, whats kev done exactly?  ok hes made mistakes, but you don't become a bad player overnight.  After a horrific injury? maybe he might need time to find his feet.

You may say he was never a good player - fine, lets agree to disagree!

I'm not angry, I think he's way over-rated, because he has pace. There are players that have consitently performed for city who don't get as much recognition as he does, yet he's never done anything to deserve such recognition.

I understand he's showed promise, but its about time he fulfilled it! And going by his performance on tuesday, he's nowhere near it. This horrific injury (car accident) which people are using it a an excuse which was quite a long time ago now, if its that, which effecting his performances, you'll have to question whether he'll ever recover fully.

My opinion is that he has recovered fully from his accident and probabaly was'nt that good a player anyway.

My opinion is that he has recovered fully from his accident and probabaly was'nt that good a player anyway.

Riazzi, you are entitled to your opinion, but I'll tell you something you might be interested in. I am 38 years old and I went to my first ever reserve game in late August against Yeovil. The reason? Kevin Amankwaah was making his first appearance in a City shirt for a couple of years and I wanted to be there to see it.

Kevin has been through hell in the last couple of years and it would be criminal if we didn't persevere with him. He is a naturally gifted player who needs time to get back to his best. You may say that we can't afford that time. However, my opinion is that he is potentially the best footballer we have on our books at present. OK, if he doesn't show signs of getting back to his best by the end of the season then we may need to re-think our attitude towards him. However, just try to hold off the criticism of him at the moment.

Amankwaah, Miller,....why do players not even first team regulars attract so many posts. It amounts to a lot of hot air. Let them go, and lets get on with our drive to promotion and talk about players who are in the team and likely to be part of our future

Amankwaah,

I remember those first few games that he played. My first impression was that he had a terrible touch and would never make it.

Then I realised that his first touch was really immaterial cos he was lightening quick. He could kick the ball 30 yards on and out race everyone to get it. He could cover back his mistakes (and others) and get forward to support the wide men. He was a superstar in the making.

He didn't take part in much of the pre season, and he really won't be match sharp but maybe just maybe he can recreate the form that he showed before.

I believe that it is worth risking half a years pay to see if he can do that.

However, my opinion is that he is potentially the best footballer we have on our books at present.

I'm sorry but that is quite possibly the funniest thing I have ever heard on this forum......

Its like Neo says. Kev is like Bamby On Ice

So you aren't a mate of Kevin's then? I thought you hung out with all the City lads like Colesy and Peacocky.

I know him but I wouldn't say he was a 'mate'

Whats that got to do with anything.

If I think someone is good or poor I will say so regardless of weather they are friends of mine

I know him but I wouldn't say he was a 'mate'

Whats that got to do with anything.

If I think someone is good or poor I will say so regardless of weather they are friends of mine

Really? That's strange because it's not the impression you put over on here.

Your "mates" seem to be beyond any criticism from you even if they get stupidly sent off or spend half the season up front not scoring.

Whereas someone like Roberts who you say is not a "mate" of yours got merciless criticism from you when most would say he didn't merit it.

Can't be just coincidence surely?

because some have opinions about who should be in the team rednready.  The game today isnt just about 11 players, its a squad game.  Thats why.

bear in mind, you have just contributed to a Amankwaah thread - oh no!! And by the way, yours seems to be the most full of hot air....

He mentioned the team and ...players of the future......what are you smoking ?

Really? That's strange because it's not the impression you put over on here.

Your "mates" seem to be beyond any criticism from you even if they get stupidly sent off or spend half the season up front not scoring.

Whereas someone like Roberts who you say is not a "mate" of yours got merciless criticism from you when most would say he didn't merit it.

Can't be just coincidence surely?

Nogbad you really do need to get your facts straight before you start talking out of your ring.

I have never criticised Roberts I have simply stated that he is not 'God' and is just a good/average football player.

As for your other point.... Have I ever said that Lee is amazing?

As for Colsey he is one of the best defenders in this League when playing in the right position. That is my opinion and also the opinion of the manager, and alot of managers in this League AND above.

I cant believe some people are still In tears Over Christian Roberts :dunno:

Based on last night and previous performances Kevin Amankwaah is clearly not up to this level of football.

He has a VERY poor first touch and last night got caught several times in 'comfortable' situations. Quite a few times promising attacks broke down  because of either his bad touch or his inability to pass the ball very well.

One thing he has got is pace, and last night he did use it to his advantage, by sprinting past a few players with the ball, but this does not hide the fact that he's a poor player.

I know alot of people rate KA, but he's not living upto the kind of player these people think he is. He's had enough opportunitys to to prove hes good enough and he has'nt. Last night he found it difficult to do even the simple things right!!

I think its about time he was released......

Thoughts??

and if he was to come on here and read this,it would really help him wouldnt it!!! :dunno: get behind the team :dunno::blush:

What amazes/ saddens me is that most of the comments on here seem to be based on 1 game. How on earth can people say "he's a load of rubbish now, not as good as he used to be." What if we had judged Tony Dinning on his last perfomance in a City shirt? there's quite a few of you that wouldn't be offering him a contract. It takes even the best of players time to get match sharpness after serious injury. I'm just glad that some people on here are not running the club you can't just ship players off because they have an off game! I have faith in Tinman and the rest of the coaching staff /board to judge Kevin over the next few months and offer him a new contract OR release him then, not after one performance.

Nogbad you really do need to get your facts straight before you start talking out of your ring.

I have never criticised Roberts I have simply stated that he is not 'God' and is just a good/average football player.

As for your other point.... Have I ever said that Lee is amazing?

As for Colsey he is one of the best defenders in this League when playing in the right position. That is my opinion and also the opinion of the manager, and alot of managers in this League AND above.

I cant believe some people are still In tears Over Christian Roberts  :dunno:

I'm not one to go trawling through old posts, but i tend to build up an impression of posters and the impression i got of you was of being one of the top 5 posters keenest to help verbally propel Roberts out of the BCFC exit door. If that was not the case, and you did not take every opportunity to knock him, then i'll happily withdraw the comment i made.

I'm not shedding any tears over Roberts, but that doesn't mean i don't stand by my opinion of him when he was a City player and i'll comment accordingly if the subject crops up.

As for Danny Coles, his form over the last year or so doesn't merit such high praise or adulation from other managers that you state. He was a fantastic prospect when he first got into the team but has not progressed and at best has stood still. As for being one of the best in our League, yes he should be but there are opposition defenders who impress against us almost every week and i reckon he's back in the pack for now.

Had he maintained his earlier promise and his on-field discipline not deteriorated, i would have expected him to be City's Captain some time ago. Only he knows why his displays have not forced this issue as there has been very little competition for this role.

Sadly it doesnt say that... him or her complained about the threads talking about the players outside the team and wanting us to solely talk about 11 players on the pitch. There are a lot of miller threads, and now a lot of amankwaah threads, if people want to talk about it - fair enough - if you arent interested, don't post.

Sadly it doesnt say that... him or her complained about the threads talking about the players outside the team and wanting us to solely talk about 11 players on the pitch.  There are a lot of miller threads, and now a lot of amankwaah threads, if people want to talk about it - fair enough - if you arent interested, don't post.

Gentlemen,gentlemen, one old one young, let me clear up the interpretation. My original post was intended to refer to the team and players who will be part of our future. To me that means the team and the regular bench players, probably about 16 to 17 players. Tins by non selection seems to not rate the rest. I hope that helps out. My blood pressure medication prevents protracted arguements. Good night all.

What amazes/ saddens me is that most of the comments on here seem to be based on 1 game. How on earth can people say "he's a load of rubbish now, not as good as he used to be." What if we had judged Tony Dinning on his last perfomance in a City shirt? there's quite a few of you that wouldn't be offering him a contract. It takes even the best of players time to get match sharpness after serious injury. I'm just glad that some people on here are not running the club you can't just ship players off because they have an off game! I have faith in Tinman and the rest of the coaching staff /board to judge Kevin over the next few months and offer him a new contract OR release him then, not after one performance.

Its NOT based on one game - I've not yet seen a performance that convinced me he's good enough - And five years is more than long enough to prove your good enough - even for someone who's had some long term injurys.

Its NOT based on one game - I've not yet seen a performance that convinced me he's good enough - And five years is more than long enough to prove your good enough - even for someone who's had some long term injurys.

The fact that he has been given so long should suggest that he has convinced (the people that matter) that he is good enough. I don't think he has ever been given a decent enough run in the team to convince all the fans of his ability/potential. As I said in my previous post just leave it to the people that see Kevin day in day out to decide on his future, that is what they are paid to do.

Guest Creative Accountant
The fact that he has been given so long should suggest that he has convinced (the people that matter) that he is good enough. I don't think he has ever been given a decent enough run in the team to convince all the fans of his ability/potential. As I said in my previous post just leave it to the people that see Kevin day in day out to decide on his future, that is what they are paid to do.

He's on the bench tonight! Hope he gets a chance to make an appearance and impress Tins.

By all accounts he was very poor again last night - 5 out of 10 was very generous apparently.......

Archived