IGNORED

Arkell's Stand Last Night

Dan Of The Dolman

Was anybody else sat by the net in the Arkells end, I was oin row s seat 178 right by the net and throughout the game there were teenagers thinkning they were hard, throwing coins and Swindon Town golfballs, 1 of the coins hit me in the side of the head it was a £1 coin but I can't complain it got me my halftime Bovril free :P The stewards and cops did not control the situation very well and when swindon scored they tried to get over the net to get to us, the funniest thing of the night happened then 1 of theirs bout 15, 16 got past a cop and tried getting over when the coip grabbed his leg and he went face first into the net before being arrested, can anyone shed any light on what happened behind the goal just all I saw was people rushing to the corner and various missles being thrown at City fans by the Swindon fans, I saw at least 5 different missles being thrown. I also thought I saw smoke up that end as well.

Overall though I think football is about taking your chances and we didn't take ours, Lita was definately brought down for the penalty and how the ref saw it as a dive i do not know. I think Amankwaah had a poor game he was good going forward and tackling but his marking was not very good to say the least. Would have liked to have seen Gillespie come on with 15-20 minutes to go as he only had 3 minutes and that wasn't enough.

Edit: spelling mistake

Was anybody else sat by the net in the Arkells end, I was oin row s seat 178 right by the net and throughout the game there were teenagers thinkning they were hard, throwing coins and Swindon Town golfballs, 1 of the coins hit me in the side of the head it was a £1 coin but I can't complain it got me my halftime Bovril free  :P The stewards and cops did not control the situation very well and when swindon scored they tried to get over the net to get to us, the funniest thing of the night happened then 1 of theirs bout 15, 16 got past a cop and tried getting over when the coip grabbed his leg and he went face first into the net before being arrested, can anyone shed any light on what happened behind the goal just all I saw was people rushing to the corner and various missles being thrown at City fans by the Swindon fans, I saw at least 5 different missles being thrown. I also thought I saw smoke up that end as well.

That's not cool. Make an official complaint... To Swindon, The FA anyone who can do something about it... Every team has their idiots.

I disagree Riazzi, City fans did not do anything when it started in the Arkells they started before kickoff it took stewards and cops 10 minutes to realise there was going to be a problem and dealt with it. I will admit that the Addams family song was sung but only after we were called wlesh sheep sha**ers and a racist remark was made about our black players, I will make a complaint to Swindon Town and The FA, I went to watch the game and have a good time and I ended up in the second half dodging coins and golfballs that were being thrown and I couldn't fully concentrate on the game.

In the Arkell's I think the City fans behaved well, we didn't throw anything back and we didn't try getting over the net or anything else that was disorderly, I know that wasn't the case behind the goal though.

i was sat inthe Arkells, and right on the edge, so me and my 7 m8s were right nxt to the swindon fans, we were giving alot of stick but it was all in good fun, however the swinedon fans took it to far by throwing coins etc. Although i have to say the banter was very fun they need to calm it down at times

I disagree Riazzi, City fans did not do anything when it started in the Arkells they started before kickoff it took stewards and cops 10 minutes to realise there was going to be a problem and dealt with it. I will admit that the Addams family song was sung but only after we were called wlesh sheep sha**ers and a racist remark was made about our black players, I will make a complaint to Swindon Town and The FA, I went to watch the game and have a good time and I ended up in the second half dodging coins and golfballs that were being thrown and I couldn't fully concentrate on the game.

In the Arkell's I think the City fans behaved well, we didn't throw anything back and we didn't try getting over the net or anything else that was disorderly, I know that wasn't the case behind the goal though.

Maybe not in the Arkell's Stand but definately in the open end where I was - Our fans were clearly throwing things at the Swindon fans (who eventually did start throwing things back), although most of them were teenagers with burberry on!

yeah the banter was good in Arkell's but they took it to far they were all early-mid teens though, Brooker man what row where you in then? The racist remark made about Leroy was out of order though and can't be defended in any shape or form, it was a good laugh to start with but when they started throwing coins and the golfballs they crossed the line, did City fans light a fire behind the goal just I saw smoke and heard a rumour that a programme set alight was thrown. we should take a lot more easter monday about 3,000 if not more so the atmosphere should be electric but hopefully it will be orderly

yeah the banter was good in Arkell's but they took it to far they were all early-mid teens though, Brooker man what row where you in then? The racist remark made about Leroy was out of order though and can't be defended in any shape or form, it was a good laugh to start with but when they started throwing coins and the golfballs they crossed the line, did City fans light a fire behind the goal just I saw smoke and heard a rumour that a programme set alight was thrown. we should take a lot more easter monday about 3,000 if not more so the atmosphere should be electric but hopefully it will be orderly

It can't of been city fans because there was'nt any city fans that far down - not until swindon scored - the smoke was appearing well before that!

There are idiots on both sides but I don't see how innocent fans should have to suffer getting hit by coins and golfballs just so the Swindon lad can go into secondary school tomorrow and tell his mates that he hit Bristol fan with coins, segregation wasn't that great either just a small net, I was sat right by the net and was literally about 5 feet away from where there element was, why don't they like Scott Murray? just a lot of obscene chanting about scotty

I have just one question to ask after reading this thread. Coins have been thrown at football matches for years. Not good. But it happens. But, how on earth did people get into the ground with golf balls??! The original poster even stated that they were "Swindon Town golfballs". Surely they weren't selling those in the club shop before a potentially volatile 'local' derby match? If they were, then that's just asking for trouble. :D

As far as the racist chanting goes, in my experience you always get that at Swindon. The worst I've heard it at The County Ground was when we played a pre-season friendly, I think the season that Swindon had won promotion to the Premiership. But you always get it at Swindon.

Maybe it's the nature of the place.

• Admin

I was sat behind the goal, after Swindon scored it got a bit crazy to the left of the goal, a man stood infront of me and my partner suddenly screamed out in pain, when I saw his face, it was cut just below his eye.

As he bent down to pick up what hit him, it was a bolt about 1/2 inch thick, the guy seemed understandly shaken!

I was flabergasted what mentality someone has to go into a ground with this, there must be intent before the game to chuck it???

The guy was taken away to be treated, when I spoke to a steward and policeman about this, they said this thing happens often in this section and not to worry it would be on CCTV who through it. That did not strike me with too much confidence that they would catch the person, but I was and still amazed that someone would throw this.

And, yes our fans were throwing things so I'm not trying to say we are whiter than white.

As far as the racist chanting goes, in my experience you always get that at Swindon. The worst I've heard it at The County Ground was when we played a pre-season friendly, I think the season that Swindon had won promotion to the Premiership. But you always get it at Swindon.

Maybe it's the nature of the place.

Remember that pre-season game well it was Steve White's (ex Swindon & Gas) testimonial hence the game was boycotted in the main by City fans. I went with a mate, there was about 150 - 250 City fans on the away section of the Stratton Bank terrace as it was then. What sticks in my memory was that a Swindon fan climbed over the back of the terrace and knicked a "City" St georges flag and went on to set fire to it. To the amusement of the rest of the crowd.

Never liked Swindon, Never Will

Just after swindon scored 3 stewards came and asked me to go with them under the stand where i was told that i was throwing coins. To mine and my dads shock i was actually stood up throwing in the direction to the fans near the back of the stand. I was told told that i had thrown a coin hitting a ladys little nipper. Then another steward came from the control room and said it was mistaken identity and i should go back to my seat where they came out and got the man who was sitting behind me wearing not only a white hat but a white coat. Now this is whst i cant understand is that i was wearing a red coat and no hat. ;):D Anyway its over with now even if i did miss 15 mins of the second half. :D

Just after swindon scored 3 stewards came and asked me to go with them under the stand where i was told that i was throwing coins. To mine and my dads shock i was actually stood up throwing in the direction to the fans near the back of the stand. I was told told that i had thrown a coin hitting a ladys little nipper. Then another steward came from the control room and said it was mistaken identity and i should go back to my seat where they came out and got the man who was sitting behind me wearing not only a white hat but a white coat. Now this is whst i cant understand is that i was wearing a red coat and no hat. ;)  :D Anyway its over with now even if i did miss 15 mins of the second half. :D

WH-O-O-O-O-O-O-RE

I have been to Swindon quite a few times and their "hooligan" element are all little kiddies (does your mother know you're here).

That's one of the reasons I hate Swindon!

Yeah i know what you mean just kids, inside the ground they think they are rambo but out side it a different story, they don't even look at you. i was sat in the pub before the match and you just saw some kids keep walking pass thinking they was the daddys

I know that Swindon Town sold these balls as they were in the programme but should they have sold these for a derby where they were going to be used as weapons? I didn't go in there so I wouldn't have known if they were being sold but I know they were Swindon Town golfballs as it had the swindon logo on and there were 3 or 4 thrown, most probably one of the 'little kids' wasting their pocket money!

Archived