IGNORED

Match Dvd's Now Avaliable

Ok, come on, admit it. Which bright spark has decided that the first BCFC match DVD to go on sale is the 4-1 home defeat by Wednesday.

Yes for only a fiver you can take home your own copy of that great performance and re-live each one of the 4 goals that are scored against us,time and time again!! Can't wait to get mine!

Now, I am no expert in the retail business, but how many copies do they think they will actually sell?

Wouldn't it have been better to launch this potentially great product after we had at least won a home game?

I understand that plans will have been made etc, but surely after the result someone with an ounce of sense at the club would have said - "ummm lets not bother ordering 500 dvd's of that game, as for some bizarre reason I don't think we will sell any".

Makes me shake my head as much as one of Tinmans substitutions.

:D

Perhaps, just maybe, they organised it before they actual game?

I realise that,which is why i said the following...

"I understand that plans will have been made etc, but surely after the result someone with an ounce of sense at the club would have said - "ummm lets not bother ordering 500 dvd's of that game, as for some bizarre reason I don't think we will sell any"."

Even if they had to go ahead with the order (which is pretty silly really, I mean why not do a deal whereby you determine the number you require after a match cos surely with a product like this the result will determine demand) I would have thought delaying the launch of an essentially good product until after a good performance would have led to a better reaction and a better level of sales.

Even if they had to go ahead with the order (which is pretty silly really, I mean why not do a deal whereby you determine the number you require after a match cos surely with a product like this the result will determine demand) I would have thought delaying the launch of an essentially good product until after a good performance would have led to a better reaction and a better level of sales.

I guarantee that 100% of these DVDs will be sold to Wednesday fans. But, hey, who cares who we sell them to? It's all revenue!

Guest bristolbred
Yes for only a fiver you can take home your own copy of that great performance and re-live each one of the 4 goals that are scored against us,time and time again!! Can't wait to get mine!

500 less people posting on the forum after Christmas!!!!, :D

500 more reasons for hating your relatives!!, :P

500 more reasons to turn to drink!!, :D

Can't wait to see how many turn up on eBay!!, ;)

Sheffield actually do their own so they wont be buying any of ours!

I doubt they sell away games on DVD. I think the club where the game was staged is the only one to record the match, so they'd have to come to City if they wanted a copy.

Could be wrong, though.

I think its a great idea to have the home games put on dvd, shame it starts with the 4-1 defeat, but hey thats life!! :D

About time our club started doing something like this, swindon are doing it if you noticed in the program last night.. :D

Do you have a city supporting relative in your family who you really don't like. Do they always buy you cr*p presents at christmas?

This year why not get your own back by buying them the match DVD of City vs Sheff Weds. Be quick though they're selling like hotcakes!

I applaud the decision to offer match DVD's but only an anorak is going to want to watch us self-destruct against Wednesday. I realise that we'll all probably have different opinions on this but who else wants to see a DVD of us lose? (Apart from against Everton as that was a classic!)

Those with a BS,SN or TA postcode

(I think thats covered most of us in this next of the woods)

who want the Sheff wednesday DVD, the offer of a fiver still applys.

Those with a S. postcode its a fiver plus ten pounds

post and packaging

Just removed the BA postcode,

I'll personall delivery them my self in the Bath area :D:D;);):dunno:

Guest Tactical Genius

I'm a bit concerned about the threat of the "bonus" interview that they are promising for the Luton game DVD. The danger is that it could end up like the "That's Entertainment" video of a couple of years back, when there was very little goalmouth action but plenty of Lansdown droning on and on. Post-match interviews are notoriously bad anyway so why include them?

The only questions that should be used in a post-match interview are "Did it hurt when...?", "What did you say to x that made him hit you?", "What made you decide to...?". But all we get is "you must be pleased/disappointed" nonsense.

Rant over, you can continue what you were doing now.

Guest Tactical Genius

No thanks Ricky, I have to put up with the inane ramblings of the bloke behind me in the ground, the last I want is for someone like him to appear on the DVD as well.

Archived