IGNORED

The Facts

Lita For Congo

His overall (i.e. everything but the goal) performance on Saturday was poor.  He missed 3 clear cut chances, the goal actually being the most unlikely and difficult to score.

It was 2 chances so dont exagerate but yeh its fine for Roberts to miss three as he deserves an OBE for being a nice guy and a brilliant player.

I'm SICK TO DEATH OF LAST SEASON. We are a different team this year. The fact is, Roberts CANNOT finish. He is a good winger, but he isnt a foward. Roberts is so Frustrating, he has the tools i feel to be a Foward but not now, he will break through a defence one on one with the keeper and blast it over. I Have seen this at least 7 times this season.

Schutzhund however is correct, he does have to battle the "Welsh Pr!ck" stuff at games and that is harsh. If this was saidf to Lita that person would be arrested. I Think those shouting "Welsh Pr!ck" ect. should be given a warning, not banned or thrown out just a small warning from a steward.

Roberts is a winger, not a Foward. Fullstop. Yeh you can say Peacock didnt do this and that, and all that rubbish but he got the job done, Roberts did his job in the build up. If The Chances Peacock had were given to Roberts he wouldnt of scored.

I have got a lot of time for any player that gives 100%.

Roberts unquestionably will work his socks off.

Peacock used to, lately hasn't looked interested. Getting back onside is an example of this.

Perhaps, just perhaps they are BOTH average players and thats what we are seeing?

• Admin
<br /> It was 2 chances so dont exagerate but yeh its fine for Roberts to miss three as he deserves an OBE for being a nice guy and a brilliant player.

1) Free header first half - straight into keeper's arms

2) 1-on-1 second half - straight at keeper

3) Free header second half - into ground and over crossbar.

Looks like 3 to me.

>It was 2 chances so dont exagerate but yeh its fine for Roberts to miss three as >he deserves an OBE for being a nice guy and a brilliant player.

It was 3 chances - didn't you see the highlights as well?

There was the 1-on-1 with the keeper, the header into the ground from 1 yard out and a header into the keepers hands from about 3 yards - plus the 4th chance, the goal.

Like I said, if Roberts had the support and starts Peacock had, you might have a different view.

Probably what I find most amazing of all is how split we fans are on Roberts and Peacock. Its been quite some time (Goater?) since we've had a striker the fans all think is quality.

One Team

I have got a lot of time for any player that gives 100%.

Roberts unquestionably will work his socks off.

Peacock used to, lately hasn't looked interested. Getting back onside is an example of this.

Perhaps, just perhaps they are BOTH average players and thats what we are seeing?

Sorry but do i imagine this? When we are 1-0 or 0-0 when its one of those times where you think there going to score here, is it my imagination that without fail Peacock is ALWAYS back, and usually clears it away, then Roberts may get the ball break away and you will see Peacock galloping down the pitch only for it to be wasted or no get to the right person. Do i imagine that? As if he doesnt try then i wouldnt think he would be back, or if he was clear it then run as fast as he can down the pitch, he would possibly jog.

Enjoyed a decent debate for once!

I have always been a fan at this level of a big 'un, and a fast 'un. I am not in a position to comment on Peacock's personal life (and think it unfair to do so), but do think he is a fairly decent 2nd division player. His strike rate has been ok this season overall. Come on; I've had to live with Nugent and Baird in my time! This is nothing personal against him, but in my view is likely to go at the end of the season. With Miller and Sicknote around, he has a lot to prove. He is by far not the worst I have paid good money to watch at the gate however.

As for Roberts. Somebody I enjoy watching. But not a forward. He has to learn to judge when to shoot and when to pass. Reminds me quite a lot of Junior Bent. Will use pace, but seems to lose it in front of goal to often. Also a greedy sod. One wonders if this latter trait is brought on a degree by wondering if he does not score, whether he will play again! Not seen it discussed on here, but was convinced his effort on Saturday was on side?

Worth remembering when we get super critical as well, how very young this side remains. Believe all we are short of is a nippy 'poacher' type natural goalscorer - but then I suppose everybody in this league could say that. Any youn Lineker's around?

Its been quite some time (Goater?) since we've had a striker the fans all think is quality.

One Team

Goater was different class though anyone who complained about him was an idiot to be fair as he was different class, i suppose you could say Akinbiyi but some critisised him for the number he missed. If it was 3 then fair enough i couldnt remember one of the headers. I Apoligize. I Missed Soccer Sunday as they keep messing around with the start times.

My opinion is Roberts is better utilized on the wing, than a striker.

It was 2 chances so dont exagerate

... who put that free header into the keeper's arms in the first half then?

The fact is, Roberts CANNOT finish. He is a good winger, but he isnt a foward. Roberts is so Frustrating, he has the tools i feel to be a Foward but not now, he will break through a defence one on one with the keeper and blast it over.

... he finished perfectly well for the one chalked off for offside (Leapy delaying the pass too long) ... I just wish he'd pass it into the net like that more often (like Scoot learned to do) instead, as you say, forever trying to blast it like he does.

who put that free header into the keeper's arms in the first half then?

We have Established that.

... he finished perfectly well for the one chalked off for offside (Leapy delaying the pass too long) ... I just wish he'd pass it into the net like that more often (like Scoot learned to do) instead, as you say, forever trying to blast it like he does.

I Would agree, he only needs to place it at times but goes for power. He leans back as well so it gots high and wide, if he placed it with his head over it, he would be more frequant in scoring. But for the 100th time, i still think he is better utilized as a winger, especially at away games when we dont look too good(Bournemouth and Blackpool spring to mind) He just seemed to drift out onto the wing when we desperatley needed that something extra up front.

Archived