IGNORED

Finding Supporters Somewhere You Didn't Expect

Navane

Have you ever found a City supporter somewhere you didn't expect?

This week I have been working as event staff for the American Society for Hematology annual conference. Specifically, I was one of the Group Registration staff members. We had a LOT of international attendees from the UK.

To strike up conversation, I asked a lot of the UK people if they watched footie. There were THREE Leeds United supporters, one Aberdeen, one Manchester United and one lady supported Liverpool. One doctor came in to get his name badge - when I went to hand it to him, I noticed it said "Bristol Royal Infirmary" on the organization line. I said, "Oh! You work for the BRI? I used to live in Bristol!" He was pleasntly surprised that he happend to run into someone who even knew where Bristol is located. Keeping with my theme, I asked him, "Rovers or City?" He looked at me and said, "City!" as if there was any other choice. :dunno::dunno:

Also, well he wasn't a City supporter, but I once ran into a gashead in Atlanta Hartsfield Airport! He was wearing a Rovers shirt!

Anyone else? Or am I developing a talent for this?

.....Kelly :blush:

When I was living and working in Melbourne last year I ran into a fellow City fan outside Queen Victoria markets. He was just there for a few weeks on holiday and was enjoying the Aussie sun wondering around in his City shirt. From memory I think he was from Portsmouth.

Also met some City fans a couple of times in France at World Cup 98, 1st time was down by the quayside in Bordeaux watching England-Columbia on a big screen. I then met some more City fans when we were stood around waiting for a ferry back to Portsmouth. We then had an impromptu kick about to kill some time.

Have you ever found a City supporter somewhere you didn't expect?

This week I have been working as event staff for the American Society for Hematology annual conference. Specifically, I was one of the Group Registration staff members.  We had a LOT of international attendees from the UK.

To strike up conversation, I asked a lot of the UK people if they watched footie.  There were THREE Leeds United supporters, one Aberdeen, one Manchester United and one lady supported Liverpool.  One doctor came in to get his name badge - when I went to hand it to him, I noticed it said "Bristol Royal Infirmary" on the organization line.  I said, "Oh!  You work for the BRI?  I used to live in Bristol!"  He was pleasntly surprised that he happend to run into someone who even knew where Bristol is located.  Keeping with my theme, I asked him, "Rovers or City?"  He looked at me and said, "City!" as if there was any other choice.  :dunno:  :dunno:

Also, well he wasn't a City supporter, but I once ran into a gashead in Atlanta Hartsfield Airport!  He was wearing a Rovers shirt!

Anyone else?  Or am I developing a talent for this?

.....Kelly ;)

We have a fellow City fan just out side Atlanta (Henry county) by the name of TB Mutiny on here, I stayed with him and his family last April (Flew out the day we beat QPR 1-0 @ home). That day in the airport when he held up a sign with City 1-0 QPR, C Roberts and i went mental in the airport with everyone looking at me as if i'd gone stark raving mad!!!! :blush:;);) Keith (TB Mutiny is a Bristol City fan through and through.

I've just come back from Cuba, and as holiday makers do, most of the brits wore their footy shirts. Out of about 20 shirts that i spotted, the only 3 that I saw, that weren't Manure, Arsenal or Liverpool, were none other than Plymouth, Qpr and (you guessed it) Br###ton. :dunno: I still wore my city shirt though and one by one they either just smerked or shouted some (good natured) abuse at me. :dunno: On a lighter note i met a city fan in Turkey.

Archived