IGNORED

Football Manager 2005

Longacre_red

got promoted in the first season?!

and also does anybody find it a little unrealistic?!

i say that because i managed to sign E Gudjonnsen (sp)

and also have managed to bag Joey Barton for £100,000

Anybody know of a top striker who will score about 30goals a year?!

cheers

I (along with quite a few others) managed to get promoted in my 1st season (see the how you doing with City topic). I won the league at a canter and finished 20 points or so ahead of 2nd placed Sheff Wed, got over 100 goals and 100 points which was a pretty good achievement.

Just started my championship season, I'm in the top 6 after 7 games with only 2 losses so far. Had to sell Lee Miller (for £1.3M to West Brom as he was unhappy) so I got Freddy Adu and Sam Parkin in with the money.

As for a top striker, Miller, Brooker and Heff all played really well and got 20+ goals for me in league one so I stuck with them for the whole of last season. Now have Brooker and Parkin (3 goals in 2 starts so far) up front with Heff, Gillespie and Adu as back-up. Try to get Parkin in cheaply from Swindle if possible. I'm imagine there are some good strikers available on a bosman or on loan but I don't know of any.

• Admin
I (along with quite a few others) managed to get promoted in my 1st season (see the how you doing with City topic). I won the league at a canter and finished 20 points or so ahead of 2nd placed Sheff Wed, got over 100 goals and 100 points which was a pretty good achievement.

Just started my championship season, I'm in the top 6 after 7 games with only 2 losses so far. Had to sell Lee Miller (for £1.3M to West Brom as he was unhappy) so I got Freddy Adu and Sam Parkin in with the money.

First time round I finished top with 107 points but have started again as I wanted a larger database size and have started reasonably well winning 8/8 at home but fairly even away 2/2/2.

As for a top striker, Miller, Brooker and Heff all played really well and got 20+ goals for me in league one so I stuck with them for the whole of last season. Now have Brooker and Parkin (3 goals in 2 starts so far) up front with Heff, Gillespie and Adu as back-up. Try to get Parkin in cheaply from Swindle if possible. I'm imagine there are some good strikers available on a bosman or on loan but I don't know of any.

If he's available in your database size I cannot recommend "Humberto" enough. 20 years old and has scored 15 in 15 for me (including 2 in an amazing 4-1 win at Anfield in the League Cup) having picked him up for just £10k!

I got promoted easy first season, was undefeated for 32 games (in league) and had clinched promotion in March. Had 7 players score 10+ goals. Led by Miller on 32 With Lita and Brooker having 20 each. Elvis Hammond (bought cheap from Fulham) had 15, murray, hawkins and Dani (whom I signed on a free but was a genuine pain in the butt and left in decemeber) also scored at least 10.

2nd season isn't going as well though, I think I probably should have brought in more new players.

people i brought in Elvis, Dani, Winston Bogarde (who besides picking up more cards than Docs, is quite good and dirt cheap)Joe Murphy and some winger on loan.

I'm on about the game you can purchase from the city club shop! is this th game you lot are on about?! because i just cant seem to win, and i don't have brooker in my squad, hes stil at port vale?!

I think we're all on about Football Manager 2005 which is the best football management game ever made. The one on sale in the City shop is called something like Bristol City Club Manager 2005 and is apparently a very bad game - you probably didn't want to hear that !!! Get hold of Football Manager 2005 - it's only £17.99 from www.play.com and is the most addictive game ever.

Archived