IGNORED

Disillusioned Fans

Maesknoll Red

• Admin

The mood of all around me yesterday was of resignation to another season of failure, disappointment at not building on last seasons 3rd place and resentment at the utter #### that was served up in the first half. Much discussion ensued about the lack of entertainment, the lack of skill and questions were asked about the determination and professionalism of players and manager.

All of this from a selection of strangers who normally just about manage a nodded greeting when arriving in their seats. A fairly large consensus that if if wasn't for season tickets many would not be in attendance, not willing to pay hard earned cash to watch football that at times resembled Sunday pub team standard.

A 1-0 win against one of the worst teams to visit the Gate this season is indictive of the lack of progress this season, an opportunity to build on last season has been lost, its too late, automatic promotion hopes are virtually out of sight and who can honestly say that if this team went up, it wouldn't come straight back down.

The first half performance yesterday was abysmal and whilst the goal and Roberts runs down the right lifted the mood and provided the win in the second half, it was still littered with poor control and misplaced passes.

Once again corner kicks that fail to beat the first defender, the communication / relationship between Phillips and the defence looks to be non-existent, the midfield fail to get forward quickly enough, thus denying the strikers support and the finishing is woeful. - What do they do in training ?

i cant see how you can say automatic promotion hopes are out of reach

Plymouth will drop off, ok, QPR are going to be a hard team to stop, but even if we dont get an automatic place, i can see us beating every other team in the playoffs at the moment

everyone is taking points of each other this year

and a wins a win, dont matter how, as long as we win, we will be there come the end of the season

However, i agree with your point about communication

It seems peacock and roberts have set aside there differences, and now it seems its steve phillips against the whole of the defence. all they do is constantly argue

Good post Schutzhund, I was happy to witness a win and not a bore draw for a change. Pleased to just spend £11 for the game (£10 for me and £1 for my son to see the game). This left more money to discuss the game over more pints than usual in the pub.

BCFC played very well in the second half and should have won at least 5-0 with all the chances on goal. Woeful finishing as you state, Christian Roberts can beat defenders like Murray but unlike Murray cannot be precise with his finishing. Lee Peacock should have scored a hat-trick with his 3 gilt edged chances. Peacock managed to score from the most difficult chance and wasted the 2 easier ones :D

I agree 100% with what you have said Schutzhund.

Your very last line reminds me of a post from, I forget who which asked 'When was the last time we heard of a player picking up a niggle in training?'

Perhaps it should read 'Do they train?'

Club and Country - i cant see how you can say automatic promotion hopes are out of reach
we have not looked good enough for most of this season, It ain't going to happen, get over it.

The fact is playing like that every week won't win us games every week. I was pleased with the points, satisfied with an entertaining 2nd half, but still frustrated at our lack of ability to grasp a game by the scruff of the neck as we did so often last season.

How can anyone write City off at this stage. I havent bought a Sunday paper today, but if I can remember correctly from Ceefax last night we are 7 points adrift of QPR in second. and perhaps 9 behind Plymouth. Yes, we have drawn too many, but all is to play for.

As for yesterdays game, I didn't think the first half was as bad as some people are making out,whilst some of the football played in the second half was outstanding.

Last season has gone down into History, and the outcome whenever you read about it, will always remain the same. Get over it and concentrate on this season.

The top two beckons

And for the benefit of robored(Arpaul, aged 42, Bedminster Down) :D

• Admin
How can anyone write City off at this stage.

Last season has gone down into History, and the outcome whenever you read about it, will always remain the same. Get over it and concentrate on this season.

"How can anyone write City off at this stage."

Haven't you witnessed the poor standard of football played bt City this season?

If we had been playing a decent team - not Stockport, one place above the relegation places - they would have turned us over.

"Last season has gone down into History, and the outcome whenever you read about it, will always remain the same. Get over it and concentrate on this season."

Don't worry, I'm over last season, the fact is Murray's good season papered over the obvious cracks and Wilson should have had plans to cover his enevitable departure. (He had enough notice of what would happen when we sold Murray, note how our form slumped the season before when Murray had the eye socket injury).

The fact remains, last season should have been a good platform from which to carry on the progress, but no progress is evident.

City are sixth: Only Colchester of the five teams above us have beaten us. We have beaten Plymouth and Brighton away, Barnsley at home and were the first team to take a point from QPR at Loftus Road. This to me is evidence of progression, as we were only able to beat two of the top six sides last season, and none in the previous seasons prior to that.

I agree that Murrays contribution last season glossed over the fact that Tony Thorpe had not been replaced, but even last season (January/February) performances/results left a lot to be desired.

Yes, expectation levels are high and in my opinion quite rightly, but it is the supporters who have set that level so stop knocking them and get behind them

City are sixth: Only Colchester of the five teams above us have beaten us. We have beaten Plymouth and Brighton away, Barnsley at home and were the first team to take a point from QPR at Loftus Road. This to me is evidence of progression, as we were only able to beat two of the top six sides last season, and none in the previous seasons prior to that.

I agree that Murrays contribution last season glossed over the fact that Tony Thorpe had not been replaced, but even last season (January/February) performances/results left a lot to be desired.

Yes, expectation levels are high and in my opinion quite rightly, but it is the supporters who have set that level so stop knocking them and get behind them

Hmmmm, not at all convinced, by the same token - how many tin pot clubs in the bottom half have we failed to beat though?

Answer Too bleeding many. Why can't people accept we ain't good enough?

<br /> Hmmmm, not at all convinced, by the same token - how many tin pot clubs in the bottom half have we failed to beat though?

Answer Too bleeding many. Why can't people accept we ain't good enough?

I don't accept that we are not good enough.

If the management can get the right players playing in the correct positions and set out a style of play that the players and easily adapt to then I cannot see a major problem with finishing comfortably in the top 6.

If we could additionally play the loan game to our advantage I can see top 2 being a possibility.

<br /> I don't accept that we are not good enough.

If the management can get the right players playing in the correct positions and set out a style of play that the players and easily adapt to then I cannot see a major problem with finishing comfortably in the top 6.

If we could additionally play the loan game to our advantage I can see top 2 being a possibility.

With respect Cheshire Red...IF, IF

If the management get it right...this seasons track record suggests he hasn't got a clue what his best XI is.

and if Wilson manages to get a player in on loan, how does that affect that we are not good enough NOW?

<br /> With respect Cheshire Red...IF, IF

If the management get it right...this seasons track record suggests he hasn't got a clue what his best XI is.

and if Wilson manages to get a player in on loan, how does that affect that we are not good enough NOW?

<br /> But is a season not full of if's?

We are swapping and changing too much, perhaps the advantage of having such a big squad is confusing him or perhaps he is the original tinker man or even maybe he believes that players deserve more than one game to prove whether they are right for a certain position and with some he has given them either too long or not realised their strengths. The lack of fitness of one or two key members of the squad certainly hasn't helped. The swapping and changing I refer to is not just in personnel but style and formation, I cannot see the logic in playing efectively at 3-5-2 one week and then swapping to 4-4-2 the next and with the same personnel.

I'm in neither the in or out camp for Wilson yet, he has made mistakes, which manager hasn't but I also can see that he has probably made too many obvious ones this season.

I can't comment on what a lot of you see as I mainly attend away matches where we obviously play a different style than at AG. I believe we are a lit like the current Liverpool side, more dangerous at counter attacking and with a number of players who are over-rated.

It may not be Danny who has been at fault in the loan market, however, it may. He may be aiming too high (the Janson rumour, if true, would signal this to me) or simply cannot find players that he believes are better than we have already, hopefully therefore, he has learnt from the Fagan experience. It may also be that the Board have been unwilling to sanction the wages of parties we may have been interested in.

Thank you for the respect by the way :D

Disillusioned? Nah, why should i be?

Tuesday night at Barnsley for me was the worst game for years i've seen us play.

People are moaning about the first half performance yesterday. It was better than the whole 90 minutes last Tuesday... But of course, its all "our own views", and yes its good to hear both sides. But personally, my gut feelin is this season ain't over until the fat lady sings. And i ain't heard her sing... Yet!!!

As many people have pointed out, the division is still very close, come on, its christmas and the top 6 divided by 9 points. Anything can still happen, and most likely will (to quote Murray Walker)

So why write off the team yet? I dont expect that fat lady singing at Ashton Gate until at least May.

Disillusioned? Nah, why should i be?

Tuesday night at Barnsley for me was the worst game for years i've seen us play.

People are moaning about the first half performance yesterday. It was better than the whole 90 minutes last Tuesday... But of course, its all "our own views", and yes its good to hear both sides. But personally, my gut feelin is this season ain't over until the fat lady sings. And i ain't heard her sing... Yet!!!

I thought the first 45 minutes rivalled the whole of the performance at Wrexham a couple of months ago as the worst performance I have ever seen from a City side.

The mood of all around me yesterday was of resignation to another season of failure, disappointment at not building on last seasons 3rd place and resentment at the utter #### that was served up in the first half....

From where I was sitting in the Williams, there wasn't much doom and gloom being bandied about.

For me, it was a normal Saturday with fans conversing with the usual hopes and expectations for the game. Are you sure you don't sit in an area reserved for the Saturday afternoon outing of the Manic Depressives Association?

While the first half was poor, I found the second period entertaining and was never in any doubt that we would win.

Different perspectives, I guess...

:D

We won yes, but it took bloody ages to get a gaol, through wasted chance after wasted chance. It didnt happen first half (Not for the first time this season), and though we batterted them second half only one goal, and they they were worse than last year, or we might have conceded a goal, Beckett would have scored.

Yes we are capable of going up, but I've seen nothing to convince me we can go up, we are too inconsistent, and Wonder-son is far too capable of making wierd substitutions, to bee too positive. the gate was reasonable, till I find out 1500? tickets were freebies.

I duuno, this manager still aint the right one for us, and by God we'd suffer in Div One, if we waste as many chances as we do now. We simply wont get the number of chances to waste. I want this club to do well and go up, but Wonder-son is definitely not the one to do it, and stay up- we will end up the perrenial yo-yo side.

The team has lost what it had last year, and its gotta be Wonder-sons fault, confidence across the board aint what it should be after finishing third last year, and we did bottle it against Cardiff, in the play offs.

We will have to stay in the playoffs on goal difference, and I cant see a lot of the teams above bar Colchester falling away from it. with the money spent we have, we really should be doing better- ahead of Luton? (skint Luton on goal difference-and they maybe coming out of administration soon)- c'mon, it aint good, let alone Colchester, being above us (Let alone Hartlepool, Bournemouth, who have been above us sometime this season). There is also at least one other team which will spring from the Pack (Luton, Tranmere spring to mind..)

Nice to win, and to keep winning, but a reality check is required. We are notorious for having mares in January, and that will be on players minds... cant see wonder-son getting manager of the month, so thats one curse less to worry about though...

I'll back the team 101%, but Wonder-son, hmmmmmmmmmmm

The tedium of you doom and gloom merchants is shocking!

Rest assured these were the same intellects who thought we'd be relegated at the start of last season?

IF, we win on Boxing Day we will be set up VERY nicely for the race for automatic promotion in the new year.

Archived