IGNORED

Harry Redknapp...

Galley is our king

This looks very likely now (Saints press conference planned for 3-00 this afternoon). Pompey fans in up-roar.....judas etc.

Got me thinking....Just how far would we allow things to go? Clueless was from the gas but would (I think) have been accepted had he not been such a crap Manager who bought crap players.

John Ward was from the gas but was accepted and eventually very much liked and respected by all.

Neither though came STRAIGHT from the gas

What about Holloway?......Would he be accepted?

On the other hand do we have any ex Managers or players we would hate to see go to the other side? I know as a kid I would have cried in me cider if John Galley had been transferred and played for the gas, same applies to Gow, Cheesley, etc etc.

What about more modern day players? as players move more frequently and loyalty becomes a dirty word, is this sort of bitter rivalry going to become less? .....maybe a good thing?......

Any comments?

Peter Beadle comes to mind. I remember back in 1995 and 1996. At ashton gate the rovers fans sang 'Beadle, Beadle, Beadle' when he scored for rovers againest city.

But when he played for City and we played Rovers in 2000-ish and Beadle scored for us. All us City fans shouted as loud as we can 'Beadle, Beadle, Beadle'. Never forget that magical moment for us.

Guest bristolbred
I'd take Holloway as manager without even having to think about it.

By the way "ollie" used to gee up the QPR players last season, he wouldn't want to come here after some of the things he was alledged to have said!!, :whistle:

Archived