IGNORED

Fm2005 Patch

Jimbob

Guest markie-dangerous
  • Admin
I'm currently running FM05 without the patch, it seems to be working fine.

Just out of interest, how is the game better with the patch installed ? Is it significantly improved enough to warrant me installing the patch ?

Things like playing a player "slightly" out of position doesn't result in an automatic 4 or below if the player has stats that suggests he could fulfill the role.

Foreign signings are less prone to dislike you.

Players don't ask to leave because they feel they deserve 1st team football WHILST SUFFERING FROM A BROKEN LEG!

Defenders can actually defend.

The whole matchday experience seems more "fluid" with decent looking plays being possible (I've even leapt out of my chair at some of the goals Wilks has scored from long range :grr: )

Generally a lot more competitive leagues so you are less likely to just stroll through to the Prem (that said, having "tweaked" my pre-patch formation, that just stopped winning post-patch, I'm now top of the Championship though I have to admit I've "bought well")

Oh and Freddy Adu can leave you for no compensation whatsoever as only a "youth" yet I had to pay £400k compensation to sign him, will have to pay £2.6m compensation to sign him again in the Summer (if he agrees) and now have a gaping hole on the left side of my midfield!!! :grr: :@ :(

There is more though but that's the main parts and overall I find it a lot more enjoyable now I've applied the patch. You get much more satisfaction winning by the odd goal away from home when each point has to be fought for than I did pre-patch winning home or away by large margins.....

Cheers for that Madger.

Can you install the patch and still carry on with a current saved game or do you have to start all over again ?

It's save game compatible but they advise you start a new game to make most use of it. It's a personal choice really.

Guest markie-dangerous

do you guys, with the patch, find that the players condition are lower during the match?

been playing it for a while, i have put in the same training/tactics/resting etc, but some of them, seem to be down to about 61% for the last 25% of the match

cant get my head round what it is thats different.

cheers folks MD :dunno:

Archived