IGNORED

Squad..........

cidernuta

reading sipowicz's article on http://www.bristolcitynet.co.uk has made me realise how much money a league 1 side is wasting on players who will never cut it for us in this league or higher leagues.These are the names that come to mind with out looking through the entire squad who i think fit in to this catergory.

1)Smith- an absolute nutter

2)Heffernan- has not proved his worth at this club with so much expected from him, i know that he is still young but we need results form him now for reliable cover for Lita and Brooker.

3)Miller- before moving to us he was linked with a move to a championship side none other than the team who are sitting pretty at the top of the table. Alot expected form this young lad showed class in his first game against notts county (but then again Lee Matthews scored twice against them in that match! :D:city: ) and that goal against QPR!

4)Woodman- he isn't bad but just can not get in to the squad

5)Fortune- I don't like the look of him at all not relaible at all, I don't know why we didnt let him go to PNE for £450k?!MADNESS :D:(

6)Stowell- remeber last season 6-1 to plymouth in the LDV?enough said!+he is too old?!

7)Simpson- not bad but alot of room for improvement!

who else do you think can be added on to this list?

I'm not convinced about him, but Tinnion seems to rate him.

2)Heffernan- has not proved his worth at this club with so much expected from him, i know that he is still young but we need results form him now for reliable cover for Lita and Brooker.

Hard to prove your worth when you don't get a chance in the first team!

3)Miller- before moving to us he was linked with a move to a championship side none other than the team who are sitting pretty at the top of the table. Alot expected form this young lad showed class in his first game against notts county (but then again Lee Matthews scored twice against them in that match! :D  :city: ) and that goal against QPR!

Again, not very easy to convince people of your talent when you hardly get a game. The fact that some people don't seem to want to be convinced doesn't help either.

Tinnion doesn't seem to like his attitude. He can go to another club where he fits in better.

5)Fortune- I don't like the look of him at all not relaible at all, I don't know why we didnt let him go to PNE for £450k?!MADNESS :D  :(

How many times? The club accepted the offer, Clayton rejected the move. Anyway, doesn't the fact that PNE wanted him suggest that maybe he's not such a bad player? Give him time.

6)Stowell- remeber last season 6-1 to plymouth in the LDV?enough said!+he is too old?!

Stowell is the goalkeeping coach. I very much doubt his playing contract will be renewed.

Doesn't seem to be progressing at quite the rate he should be. He may well be released at the end of the season along with Hawkins.

A lot of the players you mention are quite young and won't be getting much money. The others haven't really had a chance to prove themselves. I think we have a strong squad of near perfect size, with competition for nearly all first team places.

What is it with everyone having a go at Smith?!

Hes class. His performance against Doncaster was top drawer - same against Brentford. People seem to rate him on that sending off at the start of the season!

Get over it, and support him.

Hes better than amakwaah anyway - any fool can see that.

Put Bradley Orr on the list.

reading sipowicz's article on [url=http://www.bristolcitynet.co.uk].

Have you ever seen the man play? Hes a natural goalscorer, his movement and desire to score is top drawer.

What is it with everyone having a go at Smith?!

Hes class.  His performance against Doncaster was top drawer - same against Brentford.  People seem to rate him on that sending off at the start of the season!

Get over it, and support him.

Put Bradley Orr on the list.

Very harsh to say Orr should be on there.

I heard he had a good game on tuesday, but what about all the other games hes played? Huddersfield - diabolical if I'm not mistaken at least two of their goal was becuase he got caught out goin forwards, Bournemouth he was dodgy fair play for the goal though, swindon at home was another good game for him... :D

And to say he had a good game against brentford? Which game was that?

Yet he is an extremely high-quality defender and that is what he is paid to do, defend.

tit_yellow2.gif

Thats just the thing, for most of the game he'll sit back whilest we attack, and then he'll go on these stupid runs, and he gets caught out going forward, and he doesnt have the pace to get back quick enough.

Guest Tactical Genius
and he gets caught out going forward, and he doesnt have the pace to get back quick enough.

Bell has been doing that for 7 years and everyone loves him for it.

I agree with most of the players put on this 'list', get stowell on as a goalkeeping coach, we have clint davis as cover and i think he is the better keeper of the 2. Woodman doesnt stand a chance at getting back into this side, unless of course major injuries occur. I've never seen simpson play so cannont comment on this players ability. However, i don't agree with you on the fact that we should get rid of heff or 'hard man' smith :city: (personal joke) or miller, both heff and miller have been unfortunate due to the good form of lita and the signing of brooker, both their chances will come and i'm sure they will not be far away. Jamie Smith has been an excellent replacement for Carey in my opinion, he links up with Scotty well and likes to get forward, and he scored the goal of the season against bournemouth :P.

Well i think this maybe one of my longest posts :D

Cheers

Wardie

reading sipowicz's article on http://www.bristolcitynet.co.uk has made me realise how much money a league 1 side is wasting on players who will never cut it for us in this league or higher leagues.These are the names that come to mind with out looking through the entire squad who i think fit in to this catergory.

3)Miller- before moving to us he was linked with a move to a championship side none other than the team who are sitting pretty at the top of the table. Alot expected form this young lad showed class in his first game against notts county (but then again Lee Matthews scored twice against them in that match! :D  :city: ) and that goal against QPR!

5)Fortune- I don't like the look of him at all not relaible at all, I don't know why we didnt let him go to PNE for £450k?!MADNESS :D  :(

I do not agree with pretty much all of your comments, It is better to have a big squad than little, for example players get injured quite often and with the depth in our squad it should just be a straight replacement, whereas if we had a small squad if a few players get injured we would need to be loaning players to fill in.

Archived