IGNORED

Missed Penalties

Super Scotty Murray

This season we have had 15 penalties....7 have been missed (Lita 3, Miller, Bell, Coles, Gillespie)....4 havnt even hit the target!! (Lita 2, Coles, Bell)

God help us if we get to the playoff final and have to go to penalties- i wonder if Lita would take one then.

Personally, if Heff is on the pitch, i think he should take penalties as he scored so many from the spot last season he should have confidence. As much as Mickey Bell has got a good record from the spot he hadnt taken many in competetive matches for quite a while until saturday.

If we were to have a penalty shootout, who would be your 5 takers?

Mine would be:

1. Heffernan

2. Tinnion

3. Bell

4. Brown (if he is on the pitch)

5. Wilkshire

This season we have had 15 penalties....7 have been missed (Lita 3, Miller, Bell, Coles, Gillespie)....4 havnt even hit the target!! (Lita 2, Coles, Bell)

God help us if we get to the playoff final and have to go to penalties- i wonder if Lita would take one then.

Personally, if Heff is on the pitch, i think he should take penalties as he scored so many from the spot last season he should have confidence. As much as Mickey Bell has got a good record from the spot he hadnt taken many in competetive matches for quite a while until saturday.

If we were to have a penalty shootout, who would be your 5 takers?

Mine would be:

1. Heffernan

2. Tinnion

3. Bell

4. Brown (if he is on the pitch)

5. Wilkshire

I'd go for:

1.Bell

2.Tinnion

3.Wilkshire

4.Murray

5.Dinning

In a penalty shoot-out, who has the best shot or has the best penalty in training isn't important. You need people who can take the pressure, and experienced players should be able to cope with that, whilst Wilkshire has shown with Australia that he can take responsibility.

My five preferences if they were all on the pitch would be:

1.) Paul Heffernan

2.) Mickey Bell

3.) Brian Tinnion

4.) Walzin' Luke Wilkshire

5.) Lee Miller

I've gone for a combination of confidence and experience...

Miller, Wilkshire & Heffernan seem to be exceedingly confident on penalties which is what you need and Bell & Tinman bring the experience and composure into the mix. There also all moderately good at 'um as well. :grr:

if it was me id carry on letting bell take them i think I'm right in saying that thats the first one hes missed in his whole career and that aint bad at all i don't think however he he did seem to keep missing them then id want either wilkshire to step up or maybe even brooker

Full stops?? commas? I forget to breathe reading your posts! :@

Guest Tactical Genius
Wonder what Brookers like at penaltys and lets be fair most forwards should be able to finish from 12 yards

Every professional footballer should be able to beat a goalkeeper from the penalty spot.

Guest Tactical Genius
lets say we had shearer in the team, would he be allowed to take a penalty?

misses quite a few does mr shearer.....mickey bell misses the 1st one of his career!!

who's got the best record?

i'd have thought that Bell has better music tastes than Shearer.

Archived