IGNORED

Joe Jordan

Keepers Ball

Guest fatherdougal

It could be. These 'caretakers' always strike me as the best men for the job. At the moment, if Portsmouth get thrashed 4-0 no-one is going to worked up about it, the pressure is off Joe and he can relax. What a recipe for winning matches! (Or snatching a point in the last minute).The moment he takes the job, his life is upside down, there are cameras pointing through his bedroom window and all the rest of it. No wonder he says he's not interested. Right now, Portsmouth are playing for Portsmouth, not for some manager's reputation and it seems to be working out.

Is this the same Joe Jordan that your fans spat at on the 2nd of May 1990 because he got you promoted automaticly?

When's the next opposition 'keeper down at the Rugger Ground going to get coined?

Or are you all so fed up with your latest failure of a manager that he's next for some target practice?

Bunch of monkeys.

Guest TinmansCulturedLeftPeg
I'm not a Portsmouth fan if that's what you're implying.

Joe Jordan was our(BRISTOL CITY) player-manager in the late 80's/early 90's and had a second spell in charge as manager of us from 94-97....he took us to the League Cup semi-final's against Cloughie's Forest in 87 or 88 and we almost beat them....and he got us promoted to the second tier in 89/90....

Is this the same Joe Jordan that your fans spat at on the 2nd of May 1990 because he got you promoted automaticly?

Usual Gas myth.

It is the Joe Jordan who in my opinion has been the best City manager since Alan Dicks went.

Also honourable mentions to Coops and to a lesser extent Ward as well.

Guest Red_Ram

Joe Jordan - my best city manager, been watching sice 1984. absoultely no doubt, i'd have him back tomorrow. (that's not a dig at Tins, he's doing a great job)

Archived