IGNORED

Buzzcocks

Red Cloud

Guest mesa boogie
nothing to do with footy of course but did anyone else get to see them last night at the Carling Room's? - absolutely brilliant despite looking 87!

I did, unfortunately (sp) being a young un I didn't get to see them in their prime but last night was swell.

Stranglers at the Exhibition Centre late '77.

Memorable for Cornwell or one of them jumping full pelt into the crowd to try to stop the incessant volleys of spit landing on him.

Also fighting inside and out when a big mob of Rovers fans started chanting and trouble broke out at the back.

Tiffanys..

Hurrah, I remembered!!!

:dunno:

Ah, 'Tiffs'.

Notable on the Tuesday 'Heavy Night' for the huge queue at the Ladies toilet just as the slow dance was about to start at 11.

And the sing-a-long "Hi Ho, Silver Lining" at the end which was a vocal contest between City and Rovers fans to out shout each other with their club's name. Often led to more unpleasant scenes outside afterwards. City song, my foot!

Now, alas, a BUPA Hospital is at the top of the hill and the dip where Tiffany's itself was is now the Car Park.

I heard a rumour about an ex City legend, achieving the impossible last month, at Motorheads gig at the Colston Hall.

I hear he was sat near the back with cotton wool in his ears, and managed to doze off during the blistering "Inferno" of a show!

Evidently he woke up before Ace Of Spades, but was too tierd to make it into the mosh pit. :dunno::grr::grr:

Archived