IGNORED

Roberts Song - Timely!

One Team

What with it being Christmas and the debate is hot with Roberts at the moment, I've put my thinking cap on and penned this new song to the (seasonal!) tune of 'Ruldolph the Red Nose Reindeer"!

Roberts is our Welsh Striker

Roberts, is our Welsh striker,

He has a pair of shiny boots,

Any when you see him playing,

The fans are praying when he shoots.

All of the the other strikers,

Didn't even know his name,

Wilson wouldn't let poor Roberts,

Start in any first team games.

Then one freezing Tuesday night,

Wilson came to say:

"Roberts with you on the right,

Light up Ashton Gate tonight".

Then all the fans all loved him,

As they chanted out with glee,

"Roberts, is our Welsh striker,

you'll go down in history!".

Trial it at Brentford?!

:-)

One Team

Good song and good idea!

IMO, it is long overdue that Christian was given some real support.

I haven't got what it takes to start a song (especially as in his case, would be worried nobody would join in and i'll look a bigger arse than normal), however would always join in.

I have been dismayed at the number of times i've sat in the Dolman and Roberts has done some brilliant work and no singing his name, no nothing.

Tommy on the other hand has won a tackle and hoofed the ball into touch; bang on cue "oh tommy, tommy ......... etc.".

It's about time we as fans started to show this guy (who we all know is a confidence player) that not all fans want him to firk back of to Wales! Who knows it might inspire him to better performances.

Guest Bootylicious

That is quality, One Team! Should definately try and get it started.

The only problem with 'new' songs, is that unless the majority of singers know all the words, its hard to get it going.

Maybe a songsheet is required?! :D

I was sat behind two chaps probably in their early twenties at Barnsley, Roberts comes on for the second half and as soon as he gets the ball one immediately pipes up "C'mon Cardiff, C'mon Cardiff" , Roberts loses the ball and it's "*&^%$£%$ &*^&%$£* Welsh %$%^%%^&*".

I was quite surprised and it happened each and every time he got the ball. Roberts then scores and it is "should have been playing from the start" etc etc.

Now if I had said the same about Brown's performance, which I may have been justified in doing, I would have been thrown out of the ground, fined severely and banned for life no doubt.

Great song, but how about..?

to an old Wizard number..

I wish it could be CHRISTIAN, every day

Whether Peacock's playing, and Amankwaah's knee's okaaaay..

Oh, I wish it could be Christian every daaaaaay!

Let the WELSH wing ouut...our CHRISTIAN!

I really should get out more you know.

Guest Ciderhead Reynolds

Hmm, yeah that's really funny Tarquin. , i like both of the above suggested ;) , as he is a confidence player , surely when it isnt around christmas , '' One christian Roberts , theres only 1 christian Roberts'' would get his confidence up :D

Guest lydneyred

Very good, will definitely be joining in with that at Brentford.

Will do Christain good to hear the fans on his side, might just give him that extra boost.

A simpler one (but less seasonal) would be...

Run roberts - run roberts - Run! Run! Run!

Run roberts - run roberts - Run! Run! Run!

Don't let the gas-head have his fun! Fun! Fun!

He'll let fly and will always have a try,

So run roberts - run roberts - Run! Run! Run!

(or some variation on that)

party-smiley-3wr.gifparty-smiley-3wr.gifparty-smiley-3wr.gifparty-smiley-3wr.gif

• Admin

I reckon the last verse would be better replacing "is" with "you're" given the line that follows it....

Roberts, is our Welsh striker,

He has a pair of shiny boots,

Any when you see him playing,

The fans are praying when he shoots.

All of the the other strikers,

Didn't even know his name,

Wilson wouldn't let poor Roberts,

Start in any first team games.

Then one freezing Tuesday night,

Wilson came to say:

"Roberts with you on the right,

Light up Ashton Gate tonight".

Then all the fans all loved him,

As they chanted out with glee,

"Roberts, you're our Welsh striker,

you'll go down in history!".

If I remember, I'll print some off before Friday, maybe others could copy and paste the song into Word and do the same?

Yes, I like that Madger! Finishes it off really well!

If you don't mind printing off some copies in word to hand out, that would be superb.

I can no longer make Brentford now, personally, so anyone who is going, if you don't mind printing off some copies and handing out to get this going, it'd be great to know it was sung! Also, if it goes down well, we could even reprise it against B'muff.

One Team

hand song sheets out when at the ground then everyone will know the words

What is your problem? Not only do you reply to nearly every message, you reply with almost exactly the same to what other people have written??????

Something I can never be accused of :D D'oh!!

song sheets would be good then people will be able to sing it then I got the song stuck in my head and going around singing it in Yate Shopping Centre did get me a few dodgy looks but they were probably fans of the blue few anyway!

i was also signing it in yate doing me christmas shopping stood in the ques in woolworths singing it

Archived