IGNORED

I've Been Away........welcome Back The Notorious

bucksred

Yer.... hail the RedGoblin & Cromwell  :grr:

P.S.    And BCFC  :dunno:

I consider myself to be the harbinger of the spirits of Cromwell and George Orwell on this forum. :grr: Take heed O corrupt West Midland's Gestapo Police and your corrupt Crown Prosecution Service supporters - you are now the ones being watched :P:P:P

Edited by Red Goblin

I consider myself to be the harbinger of the spirits of Cromwell and George Orwell on this forum. 

Do you indeed?

And exactly what does the author "George Orwell" have in common with mass murderer / megalomaniac / pillock "Oliver Cromwell"?

And quite how do you manage to be a "harbinger" of these disparate characters' spirits on a football forum?

Please tell.

And quite how do you manage to be a "harbinger" of these disparate characters' spirits on a football forum?

Please tell.

Yeah! If I remember rightly harbinger means a forewarning of things to come.

Perhaps you could enlighten us with what the score will tomorrow and you can pm the lottery numbers to me as well.

Thanks in advance...

Edited by Robbored

Do you indeed?

And exactly what does the author "George Orwell" have in common with mass murderer / megalomaniac / pillock "Oliver Cromwell"?

Please tell.

Interesting, very interesting RedZep ....... I may have to spend sometime thinking of an answer to this but are you saying that the monarcs of this country are not or never have been such as you describe?

The King Is Dead....... long live the King....... or Queen

:dunno:

Orwell pretty much descibed life as it has become or is becoming?

And are our beloved Kings & Queens not somewhat detached from the reality of the their subjects lives??

Orwell pretty much descibed life as it has become or is becoming?

He was a bit of a visionary wasn't he?

But why should Ollie Croms take the credit for that? I don't get it.

And are our beloved Kings & Queens not somewhat detached from the reality of the their subjects lives??

They may well be. Does that make OC less of a mass murderer / megalomaniac / pillock?

Guest LeicesterRed

They may well be. Does that make OC less of a mass murderer / megalomaniac / pillock?

The man was the greatest ever Englishman, who could have shown our current politicians a thing or two about honesty, integrity and faith.

Long may his glorious soul grace Gods company!!

(Geoff Merrick is a close second in the greatest Englishman stakes ofcourse.)

:dunno:

This depends on whether you agree or disagree with your statement in the first place?

As for George Orwell ...... yes visionary indeed but much of 1984 was based on what was happening way before the date that he set for the book.

George Orwell and Oliver Cromwell are two of the most interesting characters from recent and past English history. Many contemporaries of George Orwell even wrote that he would have felt more happy in Oliver Cromwell's New Model Army of 1645 with its spirit of political and spiritual freedom and radicalism rather than living in early 20th Century England with its blind obedience to its Royalist state institutions and oppressive and haughty Empire.

But where does this leave us as BCFC supporters? In poxy olde Div 3 with just a glimmer of hope of promotion this season :( My mind thus wanders from BCFC's current lowly league status plight and onto the great aims and visions of Cromwell and Orwell :dunno::D

Many contemporaries of George Orwell even wrote that he would have felt more happy in Oliver Cromwell's New Model Army of 1645 with its spirit of political and spiritual freedom and radicalism rather than living in early 20th Century England with its blind obedience to its Royalist state institutions and oppressive and haughty Empire.

I find this hard to believe. George Orwell's books attacked the sort or megalomania, tyranny and treachery that your hero, Oliver Cromwell indulged in after he became King, I'm sorry, "Lord Protector".

Please re-read Animal Farm and discuss how the despicable "Napoleon" character has so much in common with the aforementioned pillock.

But where does this leave us as BCFC supporters?

For one thing, wondering what bizarre decision-making process concluded with the following:

Question:

If we could extend the club's debt and generate more cash, what one thing should we spend the money on?

Answer:

Let's rebuild that stand over there.

The man  was  the  greatest  ever  Englishman,  who  could  have shown  our  current politicians  a  thing or  two  about  honesty, integrity and  faith.

Long  may his  glorious  soul grace  Gods  company!!

(Geoff Merrick  is  a  close  second in  the  greatest Englishman stakes ofcourse.)

:D

Not sure that the Irish would agree (about Cromwell, not Geoff Merrick). Cromwell was responsible for the deaths of one third of the Irish population, either through massacre or starvation.

Poor King Charles laid his head on

the block

JANUARY 1649

Down came the axe, and...

In the silence that followed, the

only sound that could be heard was

a solitary giggle, from...

Oliver Cromwell, Lord Protector

of England

OLE

Born in 1599 and died in 1658

SEPTEMBER.

John Cleese, Monty Python Songs

Edited by Lordofthebling

at the mo it is any way.

besides i don't go to school at the mo cause i was bullied. if you know any local schools in bristol that would help. tryin to look for one. :D

Er don't live there- theres a clue in me user name.......as to the bullying- aint big or clever- Its always been around-don't suppose smacking the ringleader (Theres always one!) would help, it er stopped me gettin picked on-a school compass through the hand stopped mine stone dead. If its at all possible, face em down, cos you usually have to do it yourself, no one helps. I realise it aint always the answer, and I aint being flippant either. Good luck with the problem anyway...and welcome to the site :(

at the mo it is any way.

besides i don't go to school at the mo cause i was bullied. if you know any local schools in bristol that would help. tryin to look for one. :D

Reassure yourself with the fact that most bullies are psychologically messed up in the head and are targeting you out of sheer jealousy.....of your normalness. In twenty years time, when you are flourishing, they will still be stacking shelves in Asda, wearing fake Burberry, hanging around the skool gates thinking they are well-hard and blowing all their cash on Lizzy-Duke bling.

Good luck to you!

hannah_BCFC, sorry to hear you've been bullied. I'll fill you in with some detail as you're off school, just to make this topic related - fighting bullies - voices from the past:

Cromwell and his contemporaries in the English Parliamentarian Republican army stood and fought the tyrant Scottish King Charles I who would have the ears cut off and noses slit of any Englishman that would dare oppose him and his snob ridden regime. King Charles did have head severed from body at the scaffold in Whitehall London 1649 as punishment for bullying our ancestors. :P

George Orwell fought the bullying attitudes of many tyrannical regimes of his day with his typewriter. :D Orwell fought in the Spanish Civil war and served in the English home guard during WWII :P Orwell's books Animal Farm and 1984 were written to serve as a warning to future generations of Englishmen not to be subjugated and bullied by the state. In today's England we see many attacks on our hard won liberties e.g. with BCFC fans arrested at Walsall for queueing to enter the football ground after drinking a pint of cider.