IGNORED

Season Ticket

blackthorn slice

after years and years of watching the club i love something hit me last night in my drunken state.i sold me season ticket for extra drinking tokens over crimbo and it feels bloody sound.i can no longer sit and watch my club and manager cock up in what i see as the worst division we,ve played in for years.untill mr [hav,nt got a clue]tinnion and certain players[tinnions m8s,bell,butler,murrey and not forgetting are much sought after ass manager mr millen] have buggered off and the young un,s get a good run in the side i wont be back.this hurts writing this but thats how i feel

after years and years of watching the club i love something hit me last night in my drunken state.i sold me season ticket for extra drinking tokens over crimbo and it feels bloody sound.i can no longer sit and watch my club and manager cock up in what i see as the worst division we,ve played in for years.untill mr [hav,nt got a clue]tinnion and certain players[tinnions m8s,bell,butler,murrey and not forgetting are much sought after ass manager mr millen] have buggered off and the young un,s get a good run in the side i wont be back.this hurts writing this but thats how i feel

No just how you feel,came close to getting 2 half season tickets on Friday; now well there is no point. Costs around £70 a game to take me and the boy to a game with admission,diesil,drink food etc at the moment can think of a lot better things to do with the money.Wont see yesterdays attendance repeated for a while thats for sure. Sort it out someone :dunno:

however....a few days previous.....

a win v luton and results go are way and wer 4th.  stockport away followed by two home games,things aint that bad are they???  .lets get behind the lads for the 2nd part of the season and i,m sure with the squad and the fans will be there at the end. bedminster loyal

Well, I have to say, your devoted support to the cause for the last 8 days has been magnificent, well done. Bedminster loyal????? to what??

however....a few days previous.....

Well, I have to say, your devoted support to the cause for the last 8 days has been magnificent, well done. Bedminster loyal????? to what??

I get very bored with people that can be bothered to sift through everything that anyone posts just to moan that people have changed their tune.

Just the fact that anyone shows any interest in BCFC is more than we could ask for....... people do swing back and forth BCFC is an emotive and emotional subject.

If your old enough to have 'empathy' give the guy a break mush!

I find it easier to realise that we just ain't good enough and go cos it's a good reason to get away from the wife and kids.

Win, lose or draw; i've avoided housework and nagging. Woo-hoo!! :dunno:

I think redsontour shows up a good point......this is exactly what typifies a lot of BCFC fans. One minute we think we're the best thing since sliced bread and going to steamrole the league and a week later we're the pits and are selling our season tickets.

I will always argue the case if a gashead tries to tell me City fans are fickle but the sort of comments made by Blackthorn slice makes me wonder.

I'm sure, like Blackthorn Slice, none of us were happy yesterday (dam well spoiled my night), but I'm over it and expecting better things over the next three games......as city fans we need to be thickskinned not fickle :dunno:

I suppose we all feel let down at times, but nobody's perfect and I hope you don't regret your decision.

Cheerio :Wave:

I'm willing to bet that if we win at Stockport you will be there for the next home game.

I know how you feel mate. I've got friends in london that i was going to see on new year , i was going after the 28th because of the hartlepool game but after yesterdays performance i might as well enjoy myself in london a bit earlier. I'll probably be back for the peterborough game , any less than 4 points from stockport and hartlepool games and i wont bother going to watch the crap that was produced yesterday. And to make it even worse were now tenth as sheffield wednesday won 4-0 at doncaster , a team that we were HAPPY to get a point off , its pathetic it really is. :D

But with all this said ,getting rid of your season ticket for drinking coupons is a bit rash don't you think. After all if we turn our season around you will regret it. Though that does look unlikely at the moment.

Your blatently going to regret that sometime soon. Also i thought the whole point of supporting a football club was to stick with them through thick and thin, not abandon them when they are going through a small rough patch.

I am a season ticket holder for many years now. I have supported City since a lad and relegation to the conference would not stop me renewing it. I accept others are not so committed but I would suggest they should at least see the season out. An undefeated run over the next 5 games could see us back up in the playoff places.

Your blatently going to regret that sometime soon. Also i thought the whole point of supporting a football club was to stick with them through thick and thin, not abandon them when they are going through a small rough patch.

A small rough patch?? :o How many seasons of this are you willing to put up with? :blink:

An undefeated run over the next 5 games could see us back up in the playoff places.

:D:(:dunno::city::city:

Like most on the forum I invest a lot of hard-earned time and money in following City, what is worse though is the sense of emotional betrayal when you have spent the past seven days dreaming of beating Luton only for the players to turn up devoid of passion. At the end of the day Luton wanted it more and we let them come and take the three points. At the moment I feel so down with City, at least I can commisserate with the Swindle fans who are going through the same.

West ain't best today.

One minute we think we're the best thing since sliced bread and going to steamrole the league and a week later we're the pits and are selling our season tickets.

I disagree. I think City have been crap since Norman Hunter left us in 1979, but that doesn't stop me going to virtually every home game (I don't live in Bristol and can't always make it to Bristol for home games) and a lot of away games.

The simple fact at the moment is.......we are a very poor side who are going nowhere. Don't believe all the "best squad in the division" nonsense - it simply isn't true.

Bye then muppet.

What happens when Santa dosn`t bring you the toys you wanted for xmas. How long you going to sulk at that one?

A small rough patch??  How many seasons of this are you willing to put up with? 

I will put up with it forever, because bcfc are my club. i've seen then mear the top of the old first division, and followed all the relagations that followed, until we were bottom of the old forth division. nothing will ever stop me from going.

I was as disappointed as the next man on saturday, but after a day of moping, the optimism always returns for the next match. I find it hard to understand sometimes how some people call themseves supporters, fairweather supporters yes, but not 100% committed.

I think a lot of people are missing the point here. As much as many people on the forum are committed supporters (otherwise why bother to post on something you are not really committed to) there are many supporters, and even season ticket holders, who will simply stop supporting the team on a regular basis next season if we are still playing Colchester, Chesterfield, Wrexham and the like. For some people (not myself I must add), it really is like hard work, when you can travel 80 miles up the road and watch Premiership football at Villa Park (where it is not difficult to get a ticket most weeks).

The people at the top of the club seriously need to get their heads out of their backsides and realise what a potentially perilous state the club could be in if this season goes belly up.

I have got a half season ticket and will definitely buy the full version if we get promotion this season. If we don't, then I am seriously thinking of introducing my three year old son to non-league football at Clevedon Town next season and sitting out one or two of the less glamourous games ****il he is older when he will be down the Gate every week of course) which is much cheaper and does not carry the heartache of watching average players on vastly inflated wages playing like they couldn't give a toss, and visiting teams putting ten blokes behind the ball and playing for a 0-0.

Archived