IGNORED

Director Of Football? New Manager?

Big Red Rich

Now, I didn't go to the game yesterday as I was playing football, much like every Saturday, although I do try and get to midweek games (Donny for example).

Whilst i'm all for giving Tins a chance and he has my full backing by the way, I couldn't help think who might replace Tinnion if the board felt it nescessary. I was listening to Radio 5 this morning and they had Dave Jones and Steve Wigley talking about being out of work. Whilst Steve said that he wanted to go back into coaching, Dave said that he really wanted to get back into management. He is a good manager, took Wolves up and didnt do too badly at Wolves until he had to fight to clear his name for that child abuse stuff.

From Southampton to Wolves, Bristol is pretty much inbetween, possibility of a Director of Football role to help the two novices in Brian and Keith?

There is really nobody i'd like to succeed at the club more than Brian and Keith, I just really hope they return the faith I have in them.

BRR

Now, I didn't go to the game yesterday as I was playing football, much like every Saturday, although I do try and get to midweek games (Donny for example).

Whilst i'm all for giving Tins a chance and he has my full backing by the way, I couldn't help think who might replace Tinnion if the board felt it nescessary. I was listening to Radio 5 this morning and they had Dave Jones and Steve Wigley talking about being out of work. Whilst Steve said that he wanted to go back into coaching, Dave said that he really wanted to get back into management. He is a good manager, took Wolves up and didnt do too badly at Wolves until he had to fight to clear his name for that child abuse stuff.

From Southampton to Wolves, Bristol is pretty much inbetween, possibility of a Director of Football role to help the two novices in Brian and Keith?

There is really nobody i'd like to succeed at the club more than Brian and Keith, I just really hope they return the faith I have in them.

BRR

What about you Rich? :D You seem Intelligent and obviously have the knowledge to take this club forward.

:(

Guest Wolverhampton Zyder ed

Living in wolverhampton I have to say from talking to WOlves fans and reading local papers you have got to be having a laugh.

Keep Dave Jones away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave Jones! You can shove that idea as far up your r's as you care to try.

The fact is we have a manager in his first season of footy management who naively set himself a promotion target, in public, and is paying for that when we play as we have lately at home especially.

Time is needed and with time we need patience so sit down and shut up, if you must criticise the boss.

Time is needed and with time we need patience so sit down and shut up, if you must criticise the boss.

Hang on a minute flannel man. Where in my post did I say that I wanted the manager replaced or even critised him? Never! I simply threw a name into the hat if it was decided to either replace the boss or get some help in. In fact if you look back at my post I said:

Whilst i'm all for giving Tins a chance and he has my full backing by the way
So why don't you read posts properly before having a go?

I think an apology is in order. Whether your man enough to offer one is another matter.

BRR

Nice to see he has your"full backing"!

I just can't imagine what else or indeed how many other suggestions you would be offering if you never had "faith" in them.

Nice to see he has your"full backing"!

I just can't imagine what else or indeed how many other suggestions you would be offering if you never had "faith" in them.

Whatever mate. I listened to an interview on the radio about a manager out of work. I simply put these thoughts down on an open forum. Neither did I suggest Tinnion should leave his post nor did I say that Jones should get the job. Simply mentioning something I heard on the radio. If you want to take it that I have no faith in the manager then fine, I wont lose any sleep over it.

Fair play to Big Red Rich for giving us his thoughts about the radio show. Fact remains that this club stood still, league position wise, while Danny Wilson was in charge. In Wilson's 4 seasons some pretty expensive and naff players were signed with some real potential i.e. Simon Clist and Liam Rosenior being forced out due to Wilson's poor man management.

Let's remember that Brian Tinnion and Co have had to pick up the pieces from Danny Wilson's mediocre management and signings. I'd therefore like to see Tinman and Co given more time, however we have every right to be restless about our current league position. Steve Brooker was a superb signing by the Tinman - if he can sign a few more players of his calibre we'll soon be guaranteed promotion.

Fair play to Big Red Rich for giving us his thoughts about the radio show. Fact remains that this club stood still, league position wise, while Danny Wilson was in charge. In Wilson's 4 seasons some pretty expensive and naff players were signed with some real potential i.e. Simon Clist and Liam Rosenior being forced out due to Wilson's poor man management.

Let's remember that Brian Tinnion and Co have had to pick up the pieces from Danny Wilson's mediocre management and signings. I'd therefore like to see Tinman and Co given more time, however we have every right to be restless about our current league position. Steve Brooker was a superb signing by the Tinman - if he can sign a few more players of his calibre we'll soon be guaranteed promotion.

Congratulations RG. A whole post without mentioning Cromwell. :D:(

Agree with you about giving Tins time too.

Within your clubs budget, can you afford a high profile(ish) Director of Football?

A Director of Football sounds good on paper but always turns into a power struggle, bickering and the manager resigning.

I was thinking more along the lines of Dennis Wise/Ray Wilkins type setup??

I was thinking more along the lines of Dennis Wise/Ray Wilkins type setup??

Fair enough. But if I was a manager of a team where promotion (all be it not automatically, yet) was still more than a possibility I'd be a tad annoyed if someone was brought in to "help out" ... Tinnion chose his staff, it was internal ... I, as an outsider thought he should have brought in at least one person with a decade of coaching behind him when he was appointed in the summer.

Now it's probably a matter of seeing it through until the end of the season... Tinnion won't walk and Lansdown (rightly so) won't sack him.

Wrong on so many counts. We finished outside the playoffs in the last season before Danny arrived (1999/2000), so therefore the third places we achieved in 2002/3 and 2003/4 actually represented big improvements in our league position under Danny.

As for Simon Clist - he has hardly set the world on fire since leaving us has he? Liam Rosenior left because he felt he could do much better than Bristol City - the fact that he got the Man of the Match award against Manchester United indicates to me that he was right. Liam's leaving was nothing to do with Danny's man-management, it was simply a decision by a talented young player that this club wasn't good enough to satisfy his ambitions.

And as for Brooker being a superb signing? Really? Most League One defences have had no problem dealing with him so far so I suspect that defences in the Championship would eat him for breakfast.

The *fact* is that Danny left this club in a good state compared to the total mess he inherited after Pulis and the board's season of madness in 99/2000, and we now seem to be doing all we can to wreck everything which was achieved between 2000 and 2004.

Wrong on so many counts. We finished outside the playoffs in the last season before Danny arrived (1999/2000), so therefore the third places we achieved in 2002/3 and 2003/4 actually represented big improvements in our league position under Danny.

Danny Wilson inherited a very good squad of young and experienced players from Burnside, Rosenior and Fawthrop. Wilson, having just been sacked by Sheffield Wednesday, in no way realised the full potential of those players. Rising from 8th finishing place in ye olde div 3 equivalent in a rescued season under Fawthrop and Co to 3rd place 4 seasons later under Wilson and almost £2 million spent was extremely poor.

Archived