IGNORED

Roberts V Murray

martnewts

Lets remember what SM was like when he first joined us. I remember that when he first joined us the chances were that he would run the ball out of play or cross the ball behind the goal. I would guess that Christian Roberts is at a similar age as SM was when he joined us and is probably better at this stage than Murray was. Lets give Roberts a chance to develop and he could be the winger we need.

I think Roberts is more of a winger than a striker, you may disagree.

Up front he doesn't get involved that much and his pace and ability goes too waste most of the timw. Whereas, on the right he can run at players, which his strength, get back and forth and be creative in the last third.

I don't think we can really compare him to SM but he still does a great job on the right and i think he should stay there.

There are a few comparisons between the two actually. Murray started his career up front and after coming to City he played in a number of positons including Right back and even on one occasion in the centre of midfield !

He grew into the right wing role as Goodridge was so darn lazy but it wasnt until the 99/00 he really started to come into his own out there, If Roberts is allowed the same amount of time by the management then I am sure he could well do the same.

Archived