IGNORED

Notts County Game

Red under the bed

I have managed to put off visiting the inlaws in Nottingham for Chritmas untill the 10th January, which by coincidence is when City are playing Notts County!

Now that what I call manipulation !

Has anybody else managed to wrangle watching City away under the pretence of doing something else ?

Loads of times. When I was working for a national concern I always ensured that I was working in or near the relevant Town / City of an away midweek fixture.

Additionally it was great going down to HQ very early on a Friday morning when City were playing on the Saturday in London, would just get the company hotel to Bill for the Thursday night but actually stayed on the Friday night instead, they were happy as they were usually quiet on the weekends. Company paid all my travelling expenses as well. Miss all that now I'm self-employed!

Our family were due to visit our family in Birmingham for ages and we was told a date for a night party, then stay in a hotel and go visit my grandads head stone who died before i was born. It just so happened that on this date we played Birmingham away. We lost 4-2 i think then went straight to the hotel and had about 20 mins for 3 of us to get changed.

Something similar happened at QPR in the same season. We had a Wedding 10 minutes away from the ground and it started at 1pm, Me and my dad thought if we hurried we could go to the game then after go back to the party, the wedding ended at 2:45 as it was delayed and we found there was traffic and got into the game, in our suits, at 10 past 3!

Went to Wolves a few years back - lost 2-0 and it was played in a huge puddle. Summed up a relegation season.

Picked a mate up around the block from where he lived. About 8 hours later dropped him back, at a corner shop, as he had told his other 'arf he was just popping out to get a pint of milk!! Strangly, still together.

A few years back I took my now ex-girlfriend to see Robbie Williams at the NEC, on her birthday (it was a friday). She was amazed when I told her I'd booked a hotel to stay over, flowers, chocs etc in the hotel room on our arrival.

We woke up on the Saturday an unbelievalably City were away at Walsall, about 10 miles up the road :D.

A few years back I took my now ex-girlfriend to see Robbie Williams at the NEC, on her birthday (it was a friday). She was amazed when I told her I'd booked a hotel to stay over, flowers, chocs etc in the hotel room on our arrival.

We woke up on the Saturday an unbelievalably City were away at Walsall, about 10 miles up the road  :D.

How convenient :Hmm, yeah that's really funny Tarquin.:

Not City, but my friend had been nagging her boyfriend to marry her for ages. He finally had a change of heart and said HE would arrange it all , did she fancy the Carribbean???

She was over the moon, until she arrived and found their wedding arranged around a cricket tour!!!

Archived