IGNORED

Goodfellow Bid Rejected

Taunton_City

yeh right! could be intresting though, but think would rather have him on loan first to see what he can do!

And then what, have a pop idol style phone vote? :D . Judging by this forum whether he stays or not would change from day to day.

like it or not we don't make these decisions, so if they can afford to buy him it's all down to those with the money.

<br /> Arrrrggggggghhh! trying to do what everyone wants get a pacey winger.Dont you think D.W :D  may of had him watched or maybe hes just picked his name out of the hat! ;)

Going on past experince with Wilson's team selection I would go for the latter.

This marc goodfellow seems like a good player after reading the match report from the 2001/02 season his name was mentioned 4 times. i cannot remember much about him from that game but he sounds like a good prospect.

its alright getting young promising players like goodfellow, miller and wilkshire but isnt experience the most important thing right now in a promotion race?

Well hes experianced promotion from the second divison so I suppose thats something. I guess if your going to pay a fee for a player these days it going to be a young player that you get.

Personally I think we should have enough experiance at the club already !

Extract from a Stoke V Man utd game.

Goodfellow is an acadamy graduate who has been in and out of the first team for a couple of years now, he has potential but has only showed it occasionally, tonight was the best ive seen him play though, he ripped their defence apart with his pace.

First goal was a through ball to Goodfellow who turned his marker (O'Shea?) and then finished well past Barthez who had no chance.

The second goal was utd's equaliser, Forlan just ran in and hit a fantastic shot, Cutler had no chance, he didnt even move.

Goodfellows second goal was the best of the lot, a poor clearence by Barthez and hit one of their players, Goodfellow picked up the loose ball and attempted to lob Barthez, the ball hit the underside of the bar before going in, he hit it from 30-40 yards.

reason for Christmas cheer perhaps !!

Extract from a Stoke V Man utd game.

Goodfellow is an acadamy graduate who has been in and out of the first team for a couple of years now, he has potential but has only showed it occasionally, tonight was the best ive seen him play though, he ripped their defence apart with his pace.

First goal was a through ball to Goodfellow who turned his marker (O'Shea?) and then finished well past Barthez who had no chance.

The second goal was utd's equaliser, Forlan just ran in and hit a fantastic shot, Cutler had no chance, he didnt even move.

Goodfellows second goal was the best of the lot, a poor clearence by Barthez and hit one of their players, Goodfellow picked up the loose ball and attempted to lob Barthez, the ball hit the underside of the bar before going in, he hit it from 30-40 yards.

reason for Christmas cheer perhaps !!

That makes good reading

Ok thanks for that, but roberts is a right winger did you see the game on saturday??????

I'm a big fan of Chris Roberst and I thought he was outstanding on Saturday. But that doesn't make him a narural winger. He has pace, can beat a man, but can't deliver a telling final ball .. a vital attribute for a good winger I think.

<br /> I'm a big fan of Chris Roberst and I thought he was outstanding on Saturday. But that doesn't make him a narural winger. He has pace, can beat a man, but can't deliver a telling final ball .. a vital attribute for a good winger I think.

Ryan Giggs cant cross though and he is supposdly one of the best wingers in the world. The ability to take people on and cross is something which has died out in the game to a certain extent.

David Beckham is a good example of a modern day wide midfielder. Hardly ever actually beats his man but can actually whip a ball into the middle from all sorts of angles.

Personally I would like to see Chris given a run of games up front, Pace at any level is a great thing to have and you dont score 17 odd goals a season without being a decent forward. I also think he has plenty of room for improvement as a forward but I would have him and Miller in my side everytime.

Archived