IGNORED

Its Win Or Bust

arpaul

according to Keith Millen in this evenings paper. Does this mean that failure to win on Boxing day will bring about his and Tinnions instant resignation.

Managers are judged on results, and unfortunately they have not been good enough, and despite a 12(?) match unbeaten run I still see my team 12 points off automatic promotion.

Add to this a totally inept performance against Luton where our management duo showed their tactical naivity by the substitutions and formation changes. In short-Played off the park for 90 minutes and got what we deserved.

The buck stopped with Wilson and Barlow last season to the delight of many a forum member, so the same must apply to Tinnion and Millen.

The clock is ticking..........

according to Keith Millen in this evenings paper. Does this mean that failure to win on Boxing day will bring about his and Tinnions instant resignation.

Managers are judged on results, and unfortunately they have not been good enough, and despite a 12(?) match unbeaten run I still see my team 12 points off automatic promotion.

Add to this a totally inept performance against Luton where our management duo showed their tactical naivity by the substitutions and formation changes. In short-Played off the park for 90 minutes and got what we deserved.

The buck stopped with Wilson and Barlow last season to the delight of many a forum member, so the same must apply to Tinnion and Millen.

The clock is ticking..........

One thing that I do belive is that Brian Tinnion would do what Danny would not have ........ And that is resign, if he felt it was the right thing for our club.

Now I know that that is not what you are saying or what some might think I am saying but........

I'd rather he got us back to the winning ways and we could all rest easy.

I so hope Tinnion & Millen get it right as it's BCFC that is the ultimate winner & loser.

I have my concerns about the current management team & believe we must give them until its clear we are not going to fulfill our promotion goal before any changes are made.

Or is that too late?

Reckon Tinnion should have been a number 2 first or had a more experienced assistant.

But we still are in the mix & while consistancy remains an issue, we have to hope that the team can perform like we know they can.

But I fear as with DW, we could be finding that some of the players think they are better than they are & perform more when they feel like it!

Starting on Sunday, I reckon we will go on a nice little run & play-offs are within our reach.

Tinnion is going nowhere: Win, lose or draw. I'm sure he's not a coward.

Coward is not the word that springs to mind.

Tinnion has said that having been with City for so long, he knows better than anyone what the supporters expect.

Honourable yes. Coward no.

Maybe the City board rushed his appointment? Maybe they should have at least interviewed others? Tinnion has done okay. But I think that if he was a first time manager with, lets say, Chesterfield I think they'd be bottom of the league.... But because Tinnion inheritated a good squad maybe his lack of experience hasn't shown as much? I don't know.

Maybe the City board rushed his appointment? Maybe they should have at least interviewed others? Tinnion has done okay. But I think that if he was a first time manager with, lets say, Chesterfield I think they'd be bottom of the league.... But because Tinnion inheritated a good squad maybe his lack of experience hasn't shown as much? I don't know.

Probably the simple truth is that he would not have been appointed as manager at any of the other 71 league clubs, nor at conference level either.

Guest The red dog

I believe Tinnion will come good as City manager if given the time,

I think he may go on to be a top manager one day, however this season

is possibly too soon for him. If we don't make it this season, then I'm

sure with the structure of the club and the experience and

knowledge Tinnion would have gained this time around, then next year

will definately be our year. I get the feeling we are due good

times soon! Brian Tinnion should definately be given the chance

to prove his worth as manager, if you cut him I bet he bleeds

red blood!

p.s picture this thought, if Tinnion did turn things around for

us in the second half of the season, and gain promotion,

we would be calling him GOD!

Indeed, and by your maths, that means another 3 and a half years to go.

Yeh but, yeh but, yeh but, yeh but.

DW got us ever closer & except for strange happenings at Cardiff would have had us up!

Tinnion has inherited a quality squad & even added to that.

He & SL said that promotion was the goal this season & if SL had the intention of giving Tinnion 4 years then we have gone backwards!!

The chance was appointing a rookie - I hope it pays off but we ain't going to wait 4 seasons.

DW got us ever closer & except for strange happenings at Cardiff would have had us up!

Tinnion has inherited a quality squad & even added to that.

He & SL said that promotion was the goal this season & if SL had the intention of giving Tinnion 4 years then we have gone backwards!!

The chance was appointing a rookie - I hope it pays off but we ain't going to wait 4 seasons.

We all hope we will get there this season, but "we aint going to wait 4 seasons" sorry but we will wait as long as it takes :yawn::city: last seasons what and ifs involve= simple missed chances; for or against penalties,ring any bells over the last half dozen games :laugh:

That's a mighty strange rewriting of recent history - my distinct recollection is that the only time we were in the game was the 10-15 mins immediately following the substitutions and simultaneous switch of formation.

Please explain yourself.

DW got us ever closer

Erm, didn't we finish 9th in his first season in charge?

Then we were top of the leaguein Janurary if I remember correctly the following season, but finished 7th, please me tell if that's close.

Tinnion should be given a full season, and I believe we will finish in a decent playoff spot, 4th.

Guest Angelina's Strawberry Gusset

As with us, you're 4 points away from the play offs and have 24 games left to play. The difference with you lot, is you score goals regularly - we don't.

Anyone writing off your season at this stage would be barmy in my view.

I believe Tinnion will come good as City manager if given the time,

I think he may go on to be a top manager one day, however this season

is possibly too soon for him.  If we don't make it this season, then I'm

sure with the structure of the club and the experience and

knowledge Tinnion would have gained this time around, then next year

will definately be our year.  I get the feeling we are due good

times soon!  Brian Tinnion should definately be given the chance

to prove his worth as manager, if you cut him I bet he bleeds

red blood! 

p.s picture this thought, if Tinnion did turn things around for

us in the second half of the season, and gain promotion,

we would be calling him GOD!

No lucky

That's a mighty strange rewriting of recent history - my distinct recollection is that the only time we were in the game was the 10-15 mins immediately following the substitutions and simultaneous switch of formation.

Please explain yourself.

Only one worthwhile shot on goal in 90 minutes. I think this statistic sums it all up. But while I'm here:-

Luton had four forward (minimum) in every attack, so when "the forums Chumpion" changed to three at the back it left one Luton forward unmarked every time.

In truth, if we allow our heads to rule our hearts for a moment, we'd all agree that we were lucky to escape without a worse beating than the Sheffield Wednesday debacle.

Archived