IGNORED

I Need

Longacre_red

A new centre back, to start my 1st season in the championship (2nd season overall) anybody know of any good youngish centrebacks who will come to city?

And oh ye, did new investors come in and give you an extra £8m?

Yeh they did invest a load of money. I loaned Sebastian Svard from Arsenal then brought him. I got promoted through the play offs in my first Championship season and I'm just above relegation zone in the premiership.

i didnt the first time i played on the ganme, but after that i did i started going in.

there are some good free transfers around if you look. but gael clichy is a good player if you can get the money. its says left back/left mid but he can play in center defence.

• Admin
i didnt the first time i played on the ganme, but after that i did i started going in.

there are some good free transfers around if you look. but gael clichy is a good player if you can get the money. its says left back/left mid but he can play in center defence.

In my Championship season I bought Patrick Scullion from Dunfermline for £160k (now averaging 7.57 in the Prem) and Neil Winstanley from Sundowns for £130k (now averaging 7.29 in the Prem).

Incidently, Amankwaah is averaging 7.64 in 11 Prem games and Hill is averaging 7.56 in 15 Prem games.

I'm 6th in the Prem and beat Arsenal 11-0 (yes ELEVEN-nil) in the FA Cup 3rd round at Ashton Gate......I've since been knocked out in a replay at home to Blackburn mind :rolleyes:

edit: I still recommend Humberto (full name Humberto Maia) as a cheap striker. Cost me £10k from Oliveirense in my first season and has scored 63 and set up 45 in 102 starts in 3 seasons. He's now 22 and listed as being valued at £15m :wacko:

Unfortunately no new investors for me.

Nuno Morais is a pretty good centreback at Championship level. You should be able to loan/buy him from Chel$ki without too much trouble. If you want a more experienced CB then get Marco Zanchi in on a free. He's about 28, an ex-Italian international, who's played in Serie A all his career. He's also useful at scoring headers from corners/set pieces and has 6 goals in my current season.

Guest WillGas
In my Championship season I bought Patrick Scullion from Dunfermline for £160k (now averaging 7.57 in the Prem) and Neil Winstanley from Sundowns for £130k (now averaging 7.29 in the Prem).

Incidently, Amankwaah is averaging 7.64 in 11 Prem games and Hill is averaging 7.56 in 15 Prem games.

I'm 6th in the Prem and beat Arsenal 11-0 (yes ELEVEN-nil) in the FA Cup 3rd round at Ashton Gate......I've since been knocked out in a replay at home to Blackburn mind  :clap:

edit: I still recommend Humberto (full name Humberto Maia) as a cheap striker. Cost me £10k from Oliveirense in my first season and has scored 63 and set up 45 in 102 starts in 3 seasons. He's now 22 and listed as being valued at £15m :clap:

Can anyone one else smell bullsh!t?

Or a cheat?

Can anyone one else smell bullsh!t?

Or a cheat?

Amankwaah and Hill have always scored/rated very well on Champ Man Games in the past and I don't see any reason why it would have changed now.

As far as the strikers go, there will always be a set of randomised unheard of players with high abilities and attributes due to the way the game works.

Guest taipan

I had Svard too, also Nuno Morais. Another player who did okay for me is Dean Marney, who I'm sure you'll all have been searching up after MOTD the other night.

Had little success at Championship level though, so I returned to what I do best, taking over the world from Scandinavia...

Guest WillGas

I'm 6th in the Prem and beat Arsenal 11-0 (yes ELEVEN-nil) in the FA Cup 3rd round at Ashton Gate......I've since been knocked out in a replay at home to Blackburn mind  :city:

edit: I still recommend Humberto (full name Humberto Maia) as a cheap striker. Cost me £10k from Oliveirense in my first season and has scored 63 and set up 45 in 102 starts in 3 seasons. He's now 22 and listed as being valued at £15m :laugh:

11-0, thats some win. However, I'm not sure I beleive much of this, so please can we see some screen shots?

Thanks!

• Admin
11-0, thats some win. However, I'm not sure I beleive much of this, so please can we see some screen shots?

Thanks!

You'd have to be pretty sad to lie about such things on a footy forum :P

As you wish....

arsenil7uw.jpg

......and Humberto Maia (showing his history to see fee paid, and profile on the skew to show his current value - August '08)

humberto0zo.jpg

That is an impressive victory Madger!!

I think the best i've ever had was 7-0 on CM 03/04 ironically over BCFC while i was in charge at Premiership Champions Fulham (serves them right for sacking me i suppose on the eve of the FA Cup Final :@ :@ :@ )

Some good defender tips here as well which i need to try out - centre halves seem a bit in short supply at the moment.

Having completed my first season and gone up through the play offs i've brought in Naysmith from Everton - i too have Christian Grindheim who seems to be getting better - and also Norweigen Trond Bertelson.

Also picked up Counago to compliment Heffs and Miller and Stefan Postma has taken over from Stevie in goals.

Best thing is havent spent a penny on these players as SL (stingy *******) only gave me £45k to spend!!!

Need a centre half now - though Coles and Hill are currently doing ok - so will be looking in on some of the above players tonight!!

• Admin
That is an impressive victory Madger!!

I think the best i've ever had was 7-0 on CM 03/04 ironically over BCFC while i was in charge at Premiership Champions Fulham (serves them right for sacking me i suppose on the eve of the FA Cup Final :@  :@  :@ )

Some good defender tips here as well which i need to try out - centre halves seem a bit in short supply at the moment.

Having completed my first season and gone up through the play offs i've brought in Naysmith from Everton - i too have Christian Grindheim who seems to be getting better - and also Norweigen Trond Bertelson.

Also picked up Counago to compliment Heffs and Miller and Stefan Postma has taken over from Stevie in goals.

Best thing is havent spent a penny on these players as SL (stingy *******) only gave me £45k to spend!!!

Need a centre half now - though Coles and Hill are currently doing ok - so will be looking in on some of the above players tonight!!

If it's of any use to you, this is my squad (Sept '08)....

squad0yc.jpg

and this is where it's gotten me.....

table2im.jpg

I've also won through the 3rd qualifying round of the CL and won the opening 2 group games so it's not bad. My next CL game though is away at Marseille where I lost 5-2 in exiting the competition at the first knockout stage :city:

• Admin
Uh oh, your precious humberto is unhappy

time to cash in me thinks!

My precious Humberto has been unhappy since about a month after signing, doesn't stop him doing the business for me on the pitch though. I don't care if players dislike me, if they're good enough I keep them as having Humberto on the pitch gets me more goals than having £20m in the bank :city:

My precious Humberto has been unhappy since about a month after signing, doesn't stop him doing the business for me on the pitch though. I don't care if players dislike me, if they're good enough I keep them as having Humberto on the pitch gets me more goals than having £20m in the bank :)

That my man is a fair response :)

That kind of man management must be reason your top of the premiership, maybe i should adopt these harsh skills :city:

Right where's Tony Butler.....

Your fined two weeks wages for being a donkey :laugh:

• Admin
That my man is a fair response  :cool:

That kind of man management must be reason your top of the premiership, maybe i should adopt these harsh skills  :angry:

Right where's Tony Butler.....

Your fined two weeks wages for being a donkey  :ph34r:

:laugh:

Nah Humberto "dislikes" me because I didn't play him enough in the first season apparently. Yep, only featured 45 times, pathetic that! :D

But, I still don't care ;)

My other strikers have been unhappy since I signed Edixon Perea as they feel there is too much competition for a 1st team place. Given the way the game works I can understand that as with the addition of AM/F's and F's I actually have 9 players who can play up front. In reality I only use the S/C's up front but there is no way of pointing that out to my players. The difficulty will come at contract renewall time but hopefully I'll have a load of money in the bank from a successful European run by then and can easily replace them. Either that or I'll use my F's up front.....

One gripe I do have, on your manager profile you are rated out of 20 for various traits including "Loyalty". Last season Arsenal & Man Utd offered me thier manager's job within a fortnight of each other yet my Loyalty rating remain unchanged :(

• Admin
Madger could you tell me where you got the background pictures from they look quality

With FM you can only have one background, it doesn't rotate them like with previous CM games. I have just replaced the default pic with this one:

http://img39.exs.cx/img39/57/default5we.jpg

rename it "default.jpg" and put it in C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2005\data\graphics\backgrounds

Before doing that though I would suggest renaming the original default.jpg that exists in that folder so that you can switch back if you ever want to.

Guest WillGas
You'd have to be pretty sad to lie about such things on a footy forum  :P

As you wish....

arsenil7uw.jpg

......and Humberto Maia (showing his history to see fee paid, and profile on the skew to show his current value - August '08)

humberto0zo.jpg

Fairplay!

:angry:

Guest Paul McElroy
You'd have to be pretty sad to lie about such things on a footy forum  :P

As you wish....

arsenil7uw.jpg

humberto0zo.jpg

how did you get the proper arsenal kit and the premiership logo?

Archived