IGNORED

Best Formation

94th Minute

Well I was sat there watching this poor proformance, thinking,damn theres nothing I can do to change it. But then from nowhere came a brilliant idea, I suddenly realised that Tinnion used to post on the forum, until he became player/manager, but Would he have been able to just give up the forum?

I beleive that he wouldnt be able to do this, as brought up in previous posts, he is most probably still on here somewhere, maybe not posting still, but he could well be reading the posts, so if we post our formations on here enough, tinnion might realise hes got a bigger squad than the 16 or so players he uses week in week out.

You may think that this is a stupid thought, but ive thought about it, and i think ive got some proof, there was a post on the ask SteveL forum, about where Lee Miller was, and the next game he makes a great return to the side, coincidence? I think not I recon that Tinnion read the post then remembered that he had Miller in his squad.

So heres my team:

Phillips

Smith Coles Butler Hill

Anyinsah Wilkshire Dinning Cotteril

Miller Heffernan

Bench:

Lita

Docerty

Bell

Murray

Gillespie

he is most probably still on here somewhere, maybe not posting still, but he could well be reading the posts, so if we post our formations on here enough, tinnion might realise hes got a bigger squad than the 16 or so players he uses week in week out.

thats a good point i never thought of that before

It doesn't matter what formation you play if you're just going to hoof the ball up in the general direction of the opposition's dominant central defenders.

But surely the players make the tactics work, if you have poor players with a poor formation all you can do is hoof the ball, if you have good fast talented players then there is the possibilty to play a better style of football, passing and running at defenders.

But in my formation:

Phillips (solid keeper)

Smith(good right back, not scared to move forward) Coles(good central defender, as with smith pushs upfeild when required) Butler(solid defender) Hill (solid defender)

Anyinsah(pacy winger not scared to run at defenders) Wilkshire(good tackler, our best player at long shots) Dinning(creative player) Cotteril (same as anyinsah)

Miller(a v good striker only player who can head the ball well, also can hold up the ball for heffernan) Heffernan (at the moment our best natural striker)

4-4-2 is fine, as long as the players picked are up to the job being asked of them.

and agreed with red'un. the standard of football is very poor. it just seems that we have a total lack of ideas.

when we play football, we are one of the best, if not the best team in the league. lets keep the ball on the floor.

phillips in goal.

a solid back four of smith (aggressive, solid, consistent)

butler (experience, consistent, calming influence)

coles (aggressive, quick, solid)

woodman (good on the ball, quick)

midfield quartet of doherty (aggressive, hardworking, good use of the ball)

wilkshire (creative, set pieces

goodfellow (quick, eye for goal, creative)

murray (quick, eye for goal, enthusiastic)

up front heffernan (natural goalscorer, hardworking)

brooker (target man, strong, good touch)

heff would feed off brookers scraps, murray (once he learns how to cross), wilkshire and goodfellow supplying the crosses for brooker to knock down to heff.

doherty holding midfielder, allowing wilkshire a free role to create.

subs... lita (last twenty minute player... quick with an eye for goal)

brown (hardworking midfielder, good engine)

gillespie (last twenty minute player... eye for goal)

miller (alternative to brooker)

dinning (another option in midfield, good on the ball)

I have always thought that 3-5-2 would suit so many of our players.

Face it, we have no outstanding full backs at the club, but I feel we have a couple of good central defenders - Butler/Hill/Coles.

We don't have an out and out flair player, but we have players who can play decent balls and on their day make good overlapping runs - Wilkshire/Dinning/Murray. We also have two good central midfielders who would work 110% - Orr/TD, possibly more on the defensive side but still.

3-5-2 has worked before and when we seem so uncreative and have no idea how to play a 4-3-3, then it is a clear choice to sparken things up!

Archived