IGNORED

Squad Depth

CTRed

After the illness/injuries that hit this week I found myself browsing the squad list to see what our 'depth chart' looked like. This is what I came up with;

Goalkeeper

Phillips

Stowell

Right Defence

Smith

Amankwaah

Coles

Orr

Central Defence

Coles

Butler

Hill

Fortune

Simpson

Dinning

Left Defence

Bell

Hill

Woodman

Right Midfield

Murray

Amankwaah

Wilkshire

Anyinsah

Central Midfield

Doherty

Dinning

Wilkshire

Tinnion

Orr

Brown

Fortune

Harley

Anyinsah

Loxton

Goodfellow

Left Midfield

Goodfellow

Bell

Anyinsah

Tinnion

Wilkshire

Woodman

Forward

Lita

Heffernan

Brooker

Gillespie

Miller

Cotterill

Anyinsah

Goodfellow

Murray

Now looking at that, it is by far and away the strongest squad in terms of quality in depth. I am baffled as to why we find ourself stuttering along. I still remain positive we will hit a rich vein of form and find the consistency that we are in need of soon enough.

Perhaps its our rose tinted belief that its the best squad in the division.

Perhaps, just maybe, its not?

Not sure what you mean here Tom?

Are you saying that the squad of both Academy & expensive buys isn't good enough?

Are you trying to shift the problems from Management to players?

I reckon the likes of Sturrock, Taylor, Newell, Allen etc etc etc would welcome the chance to work with this squad & with a Chairman that has supported recent Managers.

Tinnion was brought in for reasons of stability & his A$$ licking to say he could do a better job.

Half a season to prove it? :D

Not sure what you mean here Tom?

Are you saying that the squad of both Academy & expensive buys isn't good enough?

Are you trying to shift the problems from Management to players?

I reckon the likes of Sturrock, Taylor, Newell, Allen etc etc etc would welcome the chance to work with this squad & with a Chairman that has supported recent Managers.

Tinnion was brought in for reasons of stability & his A$$ licking to say he could do a better job.

Half a season to prove it? :blush:

I really get the impression by every post you make, you don't want Tinnion to succeed. :D

Guest Savagemoster
I really get the impression by every post you make, you don't want Tinnion to succeed.  :D

I don't think it is the case of people not wanting tinnion to succeed it the feelying that maybe he can't succeed, after all we have gone down hill

Coever is right - no doubt, we have the best squad in the division. At least two quality players in every position so what is going wrong? Wish i bloody knew!

I am so sick and tired of hearing this "best squad in the division" nonsense.

If it were true then we'd be much nearer the top of the table, simple as that. The fact is, it just isn't true - look at Hartlepool on Tuesday, they have *much* smaller resources than us and yet they looked much more solid, organised and generally "up for it" than we were.

In my view, we have a squad which contains a couple of decent players and an awful lot of mediocrity.

Archived