IGNORED

You Are Tinman

CTRed

Okay this is your chance to be Tinman for the day. You have Peterborough United coming down to Ashton Gate this weekend, they arrive at the Gate 4th from bottom and looking for a draw. However knowing that a win could take you up to 4th in the table you want an improvement on the last game, a 0-0 draw where the team failed with any ideas or invention to break down a team who came with the same attitude that you face with Peterborough.

Your assistant manager Keith Millen has collated your squad availability form for this weekend and it reads as follows;

Steve Phillips: Fit to start

Jamie Smith: Fit to start

Danny Coles: Fit to start

Tony Butler: Fit to start

Mickey Bell: Fit to start

Scott Murray: Fit to start (fully recovered from fatigue)

Luke Wilkshire: Fit to start

Tony Dinning: Fit to start (fully recovered from Ankle injury)

Marc Goodfellow: Fit to start (available after loan recall)

Leroy Lita: Fit to start

Paul Heffernan: Fit to start

Stephen Gillespie: Fit for substitute (recovered from illness. not quite 100%)

Steven Brooker: Fit for substitute (recovered from illness. not quite 100%)

Lee Miller: Unavailable due to illness (currently recovering)

Tommy Doherty: Fit to start (fully recovered from illness)

Brian Tinnion: Fit to start

Scott Brown: Fit for substitute (recovered from illness. not quite 100%)

Matthew Hill: Fit to start (fully recovered from illness)

Craig Woodman: Unavailable due to loan contract with Torquay United

Clayton Fortune: Fit to start

Bradley Orr: Fit to start

Kevin Amankwaah: Fit to start

Ryan Harley: Fit to start

Sekani Simpson: Unavailable due to loan contract with Tamworth

Joe Anyinsah: Fit to start

Craig Loxton: Fit to start

David Cotterill: Fit to start

Mike Stowell: Fit for substitute (severe lack of match sharpness)

What formation do you choose? Which players? What positions?

Formation: 3-1-3-1-2

Phillips (GK)

Coles (RCD)

Butler (CD)

Hill (LCD)

Doherty (DCM)

Murray (RCM)

Dinning (CM)

Wilkshire (LCM)

Goodfellow (AMC)

Lita (CF)

Heffernan (CF)

Phillips

Coles Butler Hill

Doherty

Murray Dinning Wilkshire

Goodfellow

Lita Heffernan

SUBS

Tinnion

Brooker

Bell

Gillespie

Anyinsah

Tins has more hair [ bloody show off }. With another but tougher game coming up in a couple of days, let the kids out of the playpen. Phillips, Orr-Butler-Coles, Scott Brown-Wilkshire-Dinning-Goodfellow, Brooker-Gillespie-Heffernan. Subs: Smith-Fortune-Docherty-Cotterill-Anyinsah. Fast aggressive and facing a team thats won 1 game away. Three forwards because we have faster backs and midfield to cover. Still think right back is Orrs best position, he is one of our fittest players but not a play maker, Wilks is, and has to play his international position, center midfield. Every manager in the league has our Lita /Brooker or Heff nonsense worked out-------7 goals in 8 games...Lita 1 goal in 9 games.... We need two strikers running left and right, off of Brooker and off of two fast wingers, Scott Brown and Goodfellow. I am happy that we have Doc/Murray/Bell/Tinnion/Smith available, let them watch the real team from the bench.

Tins has more hair [ bloody show off }. With another but tougher game coming up in a couple of days, let the kids out of the playpen. Phillips, Orr-Butler-Coles, Scott Brown-Wilkshire-Dinning-Goodfellow, Brooker-Gillespie-Heffernan. Subs: Smith-Fortune-Docherty-Cotterill-Anyinsah. Fast aggressive and facing a team thats won 1 game away. Three forwards because we have faster backs and midfield to cover. Still think right back is Orrs best position, he is one of our fittest players but not a play maker, Wilks is, and has to play his international position, center midfield. Every manager in the league has our Lita /Brooker or Heff nonsense worked out-------7 goals in 8 games...Lita 1 goal in 9 games.... We need two strikers running left and right, off of Brooker and off of two fast wingers, Scott Brown and Goodfellow. I am happy that we have Doc/Murray/Bell/Tinnion/Smith available, let them watch the real team from the bench.

Spot on mate!

I woudn't presume to know what the correct team is. Tinman is paid handsomely to get that right.

It is not the team selection that is at fault, it is the player's attidue and motivation along with the game plan and tactics that seem to be letting us down.

If a team comes to the gate and puts 10 men behind the ball, we don't seem to have a clue what to do about it.

I would like to see a little bit more guile and tactical nous from the management.

i agree with all of that! :D

Okay this is your chance to be Tinman for the day. You have Peterborough United coming down to Ashton Gate this weekend, they arrive at the Gate 4th from bottom and looking for a draw. However knowing that a win could take you up to 4th in the table you want an improvement on the last game, a 0-0 draw where the team failed with any ideas or invention to break down a team who came with the same attitude that you face with Peterborough.

etc. etc.

Well, why don't you just tell Tinman next time he rings you?

As I notice you are a 'Bristol City Football Club Technical Advisor'. This, allied to the fact that you have also played for our club, should put you in the ideal position to put your ideas directly to the manager, surely.

Well, that's what it says on your employer's website:

Click Here For Link

Just click the bottom picture.

That's quite an impressive CV for a 21 year old.

Guest TinmansCulturedLeftPeg

Your assistant manager Keith Millen has collated your squad availability form for this weekend and it reads as follows;

Steve Phillips: Fit to start

Jamie Smith: Fit to start

Danny Coles: Fit to start

Tony Butler: Fit to start

Mickey Bell: Fit to start

Scott Murray: Fit to start (fully recovered from fatigue)

Luke Wilkshire: Fit to start

Tony Dinning: Fit to start (fully recovered from Ankle injury)

Marc Goodfellow: Fit to start (available after loan recall)

Leroy Lita: Fit to start

Paul Heffernan: Fit to start

Stephen Gillespie: Fit for substitute (recovered from illness. not quite 100%)

Steven Brooker: Fit for substitute (recovered from illness. not quite 100%)

Lee Miller: Unavailable due to illness (currently recovering)

Tommy Doherty: Fit to start (fully recovered from illness)

Brian Tinnion: Fit to start

Scott Brown: Fit for substitute (recovered from illness. not quite 100%)

Matthew Hill: Fit to start (fully recovered from illness)

Craig Woodman: Unavailable due to loan contract with Torquay United

Clayton Fortune: Fit to start

Bradley Orr: Fit to start

Kevin Amankwaah: Fit to start

Ryan Harley: Fit to start

Sekani Simpson: Unavailable due to loan contract with Tamworth

Joe Anyinsah: Fit to start

Craig Loxton: Fit to start

David Cotterill: Fit to start

Mike Stowell: Fit for substitute (severe lack of match sharpness)

What formation do you choose? Which players? What positions?

My first-choice XI (that I'd want to gel):

Phillips

Amankwaah..Coles..Butler..Bell

Murray..Doherty..Dinning..Wilkshire

Brooker..Lita

My XI for the circumstances you've outlined in your post:

Phillips

Amankwaah..Coles..Butler..Bell

Murray..Doherty..Tinnion..Wilkshire

Heffernan..Lita

-----------Phillips-----------

carey----coles---Butler( C )----hill

goodfellow---dinning-------murray

-----leroy--brooker-----heffernan

we may as well go all out attack, I know Tinman tried 4-3-3 at the start of the season, but there was no big striker up front to nod the ball down, for poachers like leroy and heff. Butler would be captain as well as i feel he has been our best player in our last couple of games. Also going against the rules of this post i signed carey.

subs:

fortune

wilkshire

orr

bell

gillespie/miller/cotteril

As I notice you are a 'Bristol City Football Club Technical Advisor'. This, allied to the fact that you have also played for our club, should put you in the ideal position to put your ideas directly to the manager, surely.

Click Here For Link

Clicked and read, so did the lad play for city or not, is he on staff or not. Will say this though, football is on a roll in the states. After reaching the world cup semis they are moving ahead with strong school and college programmes. Mostly european coaches for teams i've watched, so a Bristol boy coaching here,that's a switch. Twenty years ago football did not rate here, now Fox and ESPN regularly televise live games from USA, Europe and England.

Click Here For Link

Typical Edson cr@p !

Why not just let the guy have his say & reply to the post.

Always looking for an alternative motive when someone has an impresive CV.

Trying to make out he is an imposter?

Just (for once) reply to the post.

:@

My starting 11 would be-

3-5-2

..............phillips....................

.......coles...butler....hill.............

brown....dinning..orr..wilkshire.....goodfellow

........brooker.......heffernan............

subs

gillespie

murray

lita

smith

miller

i would not have

bell tommy or tinnion anywhere near the 1st team

i would also recall woodman have a strong word with him

and tell him there is a place in the team for him, but hes

got to show me he wants it !!!!!!

Typical Edson cr@p !

Why not just let the guy have his say & reply to the post.

Always looking for an alternative motive when someone has an impresive CV.

Trying to make out he is an imposter?

Just (for once) reply to the post.

:@

Er, no. Edson seems merely to be pointing out the fact that our Nathan may not be quite who he says he is.

Lots of people gild the lily in order to further their career but implying you're employed in either a paid or unpaid capacity for an employer when you clearly ain't is taking it a little far, even if you have 11 Gcse's distinction, Advanced Sports Studies GNVQ and Advanced Leisure NVQ Sports Psychology.........

Niall

- Food Industry Adviser to George W Bush

- PR consultant to David Blunkett

- Astrologer to Nancy Reagan

And for what its worth Richie, my XI would be

Phillips

Smith Coles Butler Bell

Goody Doc Dinning Luke

Heff Brooker

Subs

Scott

Leroy (and back after one rested game)

Kev

Clayton

Tins

A post from a new adviser in America, thats new ! So many formations to contemplate, always good, bad , and indifferent to choose from. More sleepless nights for the Tinman. Back to bed !!!!!

Er, no. Edson seems merely to be pointing out the fact that our Nathan may not be quite who he says he is.

Lots of people gild the lily in order to further their career but implying you're employed in either a paid or unpaid capacity for an employer when you clearly ain't is taking it a little far, even if you have 11 Gcse's distinction, Advanced Sports Studies GNVQ and Advanced Leisure NVQ Sports Psychology.........

Niall

- Food Industry Adviser to George W Bush

- PR consultant to David Blunkett

- Astrologer to Nancy Reagan

And for what its worth Richie, my XI would be

Phillips

Smith Coles Butler Bell

Goody  Doc Dinning Luke

Heff Brooker

Subs

Scott

Leroy (and back after one rested game)

Kev

Clayton

Tins

But Edson has a track record of this type of poster attack.

I couldn't give a monkies what CR's background is (or isn't)

But it's fun to many to dig up the cr@p on people.

As for my team - Niall

Its the same as yours - spooky - Edson may find this a little bit of a worry though, I am using someones else's ideas!! :clap::P

I'd be going (if all fit and recovered):

--Phillips

--Coles, Butler, Fortune

--Murray, Gillespie, Orr, Wilkshire, Goodfellow

--Heffernan, Brooker

Give Leroy a well-deserved rest and have the likes of Cotterill and Anyinsah on the bench if it ain't working out, along with the experience of Hill, Smith and Tommy (not that experience stops these two behaving like twits half the time).

GO FOR THE JUGULAR FROM THE FIRST WHISTLE :P

Archived