IGNORED

Craig Woodman

GrahamC

The Torquay site reports that Craig Woodman is now on loan to them for the entire season, well at least it helps Tinman to ensure he can find a place in the side for his mate Mickey Bell.

Yeah, what would use would we have for a lad that showed up well in a team that beat Brentford 3-1 on their own ground?

Really don't understand why you, and others give Mickey Bell stick, he has performed well, when playing left back, his position.

The "mate" thing is a load of ********, he's just one of, if not our best footballer, twice the player Woodman is.

Bloody hell, I know I've had a few to drink but I'm agreeing with every single word you've said for once :D

If you went around most lower league clubs and offered them Bell or Woodman, I bet the majority would take Bell.

Whilst Woodman isn't bad, he's not great. Mickey can play left back, left wing back, and even Left Midfield (although his lack of pace hampers this slightly now).

Guest bristolbred
Mickey can play left back, left wing back, and even Left Midfield (although his lack of pace hampers this slightly now).

I think that considering his age, injury last season and last minute penalty miss against Blackpool, Bell is having quite a good season, where he's been playing in the team!!, :D

Really don't understand why you, and others give Mickey Bell stick, he has performed well, when playing left back, his position.

The "mate" thing is a load of ********, he's just one of, if not our best footballer, twice the player Woodman is.

It is all about opinion I suppose (our best player!!!!!!) but I see a player who when he plays at left back doesn't tackle and when he plays in midfield has no pace to go at his man and plays the square ball time and time again. He was a good player a few years ago but the free kicks of 97/98 and the delivery of a dead ball are a distant memory now.

Tinnion said Woodman lacked desire, I can see none in Bell myself.

Guest Real Robbo

Must agree Bell best days are far behind him, his inability to put in a decent cross is getting embarrasing. It either hits the first man, goes way over the intended target or ends up in the stands.

For a comparison, just have a look at Luton's first goal, a superb curling pacy ball in from their left back and a bullet header. The few crosses we get in a floated, you know the ones, like every corner we take.

Bell hasn't the legs to get back and defend, so prefers to stay in our half the majority of time, meaning another attacking option has gone, and he plays too many square balls or backward passes.

Thanks for the memories Mickey, but we need someone like Luton have got.

Just because he is old doesn't mean he is poor, I don't feel he plays well as a left winger but as left back he is exceptional, i the wilkshire/bell combination down the left is much better that the bell/hill or wilkshire/hill combination.

As for Bell's defensive qualities I fill he is not exactly the type of player that you would think to put in a mean tackle but he suprisesme sometimes as he does, i feel he is not twice the player woodman is but 3 or 4 times player he is, actually that may be a bit harsh but whatever.

Archived