IGNORED

Are They Nuts?

billybob

Hill is a honest, hard working pro, got a lot of time for the guy, but like a fair few of our so called stars they are not as good as they and many of us think.

Far to often out battled, I would suggest that a clear out of the players that have fallen short of recent years is due. If Matt Hill is part of that then so be it and good luck to him. If the club is to support Tinnion and the board have done so in abundance in my opinion, then the re-build has to take place in his vision (I trust he has one...bit harsh).

In my view we cannot hold on to players, be they crowd favourites or whoever if they do not consistently produce results that will untimately get the team promoted, sentiment cannot come into this. There are others that have to be far more consistant if the club is to progress....Danny Coles for one...a very good player who has in the past played Ernshaw off the pitch, but who is the comfort zone, like to many of the players.

Carey is gone and is now in a relagation dog fight, don't hear much about the Brown brothers, one we have missed out on is Liam Rosenior, but he wanted away!

The Liam Rosenior incident was a complete shambles and Sexton should have been strung up for it. We certainly miss Carey and I think that Hill should stay. He came on in leaps and bounds 2 years ago but seems to have remained static since - perhaps a lack of good coaching after players leave the acadamy ?

My fear is that if Hill goes that will book Bell a starting place for the rest of the season and he is long past his sell by date.

There is no pattern of play developing and all we can hope for is a top 8 finish with the promice of better next season.

As Father Jack would say '' Arse''..

Sorry he can go forth for me, basicly for the simple fact that he's too bloody small to play in the middle of a defence at this level.

Also badly at fault for goals against Wednesday and Luton in the last month alone.

We need a real quality player in his place, someone like Whetherall at Bradford for instance, if we are ever going to go forwards.

Sorry he can go forth for me, basicly for the simple fact that he's too bloody small to play in the middle of a defence at this level.

And how tall was Gary Mabbut, playing in the centre of Tottenham's defence for several years? Can give more examples if you like.

And how tall was Gary Mabbut, playing in the centre of Tottenham's defence for several years? Can give more examples if you like.

5 foot 10, and 12 stone 9 according to Rothmans 1995-6. Which makes him 3 inches taller than Matty. I'm 5 foot 7, and aside from Paul Parker, I've never seen someone my size play as central defender.

5 foot 10, and 12 stone 9 according to Rothmans 1995-6. Which makes him 3 inches taller than Matty. I'm 5 foot 7, and aside from Paul Parker, I've never seen someone my size play as central defender.

Matt is 5' 8", so 2 inches actually.

You've mentioned Paul Parker, there are loads of others, but if you like, stick to City players.

One of our best ever centre halfs, Geoff Merrick, was 5' 9", and brilliant in the air for his size, same as Matty.

And our most capped international Billy Wedlock (never saw him play), a centre-half, was 5' 5".

The point I'm making is if one centre half is tall and dominant in the air, the attributes for the second could be quite different - speed, etc. It happens that Matty is also good in the air for his size. But then there's his distribution.......

Archived