IGNORED

8 Points Out Of 12 From The Festive Period -

Boxing Kangaroo

8 points out of 12 from the festive period - are we happy ?

In my opinion the 8 points we've gained over the festive period is a good return. We haven't played particularly well in any of the 4 matches and we've had injuries/illness/suspensions to cope with as well.

We're 2 points off the play-offs, with the best part of half a season to go. All this forum talk of getting rid of Tinnion seems a bit premature to me, we have to remember he's still learning his trade and we need to give him time to get things right. Did we really expect that we would win the league at a canter with a rookie manager in charge ? After all, how many first time managers can you think of that were successful in their very first season in management ?

Come on people - let's all get behind the team, get behind the manager and let's see where he can take us. Automatic promotion isn't going to happen now so unfortunately it looks like the play-offs or bust. Let's just hope Tinnion brings us better luck in the play-offs then Jordan, Ward and Wilson ever did.

Come on you reds.

Guest Bathred

I have to agree to a point, we all should recognise the problems at the start of the season with the change of manager, new systems and even the bringing in of new blood to the side.

I don't really think that 8 from 12 is a bad result in itself, its just the way they have played to get them. So often they have looked lost, clueless and leaderless. Humping long hopeful balls over the top in strong winds, and not playing to the conditions or to the weakness of the team on the park.

You are right though we need to get behind the team and give them the best support we can. Playoffs are still a reality and Luton could still come a cropper.

Only one thing is certain in this division, that nothing is certain!!

I for one will still go to watch and hope to see better football to take us through to the end of the season.

Come on you reds.

Guest Tactical Genius

Bathred, surely you don't expect expansive passing football full of fluid movement and quickthinking from a third division side?

Archived